They are going to tpr.

Here's the place to discuss how to win in juvenile courtrooms.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

RainDE

They are going to tpr.

Postby RainDE » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:43 pm

My case is going to tpr. I just got notice that there is a preliminary hearing for tpr in just over a month. They are alleging some kind of parental deficiency that I never had. He was taken at birth 16 months ago. The only thing they had on me was that I had been a previous domestic violence and rape victim. Social workers have been lying over and over and over again about me. How do I file for a jury trial or put in an answer to their tpr paper work?

Eljay

Re: They are going to tpr.

Postby Eljay » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 pm

Hmmmm... google search found a defunct page that says:

In 14 jurisdictions there is no right to a jury trial in a termination of parental rights case by statute: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado. District of Columbia, Idaho, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Vermont, and Washington.

So.... on preliminary look, it seems you don't have that option.

A gateway to your state laws is here:
http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... ies/state/

I think you need to work on getting that lawyer in place, then find some advocates in your state. Look at this article and see if you can track down any of the groups and/or advocates in it for help:
http://fightcps.com/2009/03/21/washingt ... injustice/

This is going to be a battle on paper with you having to prove to the court that CPS has NOT made a case for TPR. If you don't challenge what they are saying, the court has no choice but to agree with CPS.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Return to “Juvenile Court”