updated good news and IMPORTANT questions

Here's the place to discuss how to win in juvenile courtrooms.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

simplebirdsnest85

updated good news and IMPORTANT questions

Postby simplebirdsnest85 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:52 pm

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=8359 -- situation

and i took her to the ped today due to the emergency phonecall- she hasnt lost weight at all, they are quite happy with her weight increase. However while there- the investigator called and said i have to go to court tomorrow for guardianship- i have NEVER been through this- please help!!

UPDATED:
Went to court and got a public defender. We get to keep the kids- apparently they were trying to go for our 2yr old as well. I found out the "nutrionist" at the new Peds is actually a social worker. How nice huh? Also that The peds office is the one who made the "emergency call" about her losing weight which is funny because their own social worker said shes gained great and hasnt lost. We have to do parenting classes, get WIC, stop breastfeeding, let the Guardian el lietum (sp) and CPS in whenever they want according to court order. I dont agree with parenting classes OR the stopping breastfeeding. The investigator is comeing out tomorrow to have us sign for parenting classes. My lawyer just said " do everything they want you to no matter what".. :(

What happens now? What exactly does that guardian person do?
Last edited by simplebirdsnest85 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ive found "they" are like roaches. It doesnt matter what you do, they keep coming back and multiplying. -my 2c on CPS
~Now just to get my igloo ready so i can move to Alaska. They cant find you in an igloo, they dont have addresses.
~~~~~~~~
Jan '09- Lost our daughter due to FTT. Went to my moms until March '09, then to my brothers until June '10..when she FINALLY came home to her parents. Oct 10-no longer court involved.....and FINALLY Nov 10- case CLOSED!
But the past cases, too many to number, keep haunting us and they keep finding us for more cases. They will never leave us alone and we will never be the same people we were before we had children.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:57 pm

Do you have copies of the doctor's report?

Bring the report.

Be certain everything is on record.

Do you have an attorney?

simplebirdsnest85

Postby simplebirdsnest85 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:26 pm

MaggieC wrote:Do you have copies of the doctor's report?

Bring the report.

Be certain everything is on record.

Do you have an attorney?

I have the report from the doctors :) but no attorney. I was told a public defender MAY be able to help but theres no guarantee.

ANY advice?
Ive found "they" are like roaches. It doesnt matter what you do, they keep coming back and multiplying. -my 2c on CPS
~Now just to get my igloo ready so i can move to Alaska. They cant find you in an igloo, they dont have addresses.
~~~~~~~~
Jan '09- Lost our daughter due to FTT. Went to my moms until March '09, then to my brothers until June '10..when she FINALLY came home to her parents. Oct 10-no longer court involved.....and FINALLY Nov 10- case CLOSED!
But the past cases, too many to number, keep haunting us and they keep finding us for more cases. They will never leave us alone and we will never be the same people we were before we had children.

HappyMommyx4

Postby HappyMommyx4 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:29 pm

I would immediately contact La Leche League, I really think they might be able to give you some advice. Contact the national headquarters or call your local chapter and start asking questions about legal rights and breastfeeding. Assuming you kept a feeding chart, had your child at their regularly scheduled checkups, were proactive in having her weight checked, and can go back through the year and tell them how frequently and how long you nursed her plus what your own average caloric intake is/was....they might be able to give you some excellent leads! They are not for legal representation but they do know what laws are regarding nursing. Your WIC office should have a lactation consultant and can give you the number for your local chapter of LLL. I could be way off base, but I think they might have some information that could help you.

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/growth.html
http://www.llli.org/nb.html

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:36 am

If there's a court order to stop breastfeeding and go to parenting classes, you must do as ordered or you're likely to lose custody of your children.

I totally agree with you that it is wrong to stop breastfeeding, but since that's the court order, it would be risking your children even more not to follow it.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Juvenile Court”