custody question- NEED HELP ASAP

Here's the place to discuss how to win in juvenile courtrooms.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

simplebirdsnest85

custody question- NEED HELP ASAP

Postby simplebirdsnest85 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:21 pm

this is about my case with my son from 2005/2006.

I have posted before about it, but recap:
1 county had me do case plan of psych eval (done), parenting classes (4/7) and counseling (0/0). I then moved to another county. They closed the case right away. Then i moved to a 3rd county and they reopened it-- wanted same things but i moved before i could get started back to county that closed it....

So fast forward to now. I want to file for custody of my son from his dad. Can it come back on me that i didnt do that stuff? I live in the county that closed everything and he lives in the county that wants me to do stuff. Can the judge order me to do anything? I know CPS cant cross county lines so how would a judge get involved in it?

HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive found "they" are like roaches. It doesnt matter what you do, they keep coming back and multiplying. -my 2c on CPS
~Now just to get my igloo ready so i can move to Alaska. They cant find you in an igloo, they dont have addresses.
~~~~~~~~
Jan '09- Lost our daughter due to FTT. Went to my moms until March '09, then to my brothers until June '10..when she FINALLY came home to her parents. Oct 10-no longer court involved.....and FINALLY Nov 10- case CLOSED!
But the past cases, too many to number, keep haunting us and they keep finding us for more cases. They will never leave us alone and we will never be the same people we were before we had children.

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:56 am

You will probably have to file for custody in the court where your child is.

Call the Clerk of the Court in both localities and ask them where you can file.

Also, search your state government website for:

custody + petition + court

Return to “Juvenile Court”