How do I get a lawyer?

Here's the place to discuss how to win in juvenile courtrooms.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

WhiteHaven

How do I get a lawyer?

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:35 am

I am tired of CPS bothering me and trying to force me to work with them when I already was. They are on their pathetic power trip and don't like my because I don't take their crap that is why they harass my wife and my mother. I want to know how to get a lawyer? I really do not want a court appointed one because well he works FOR the court but I will take one if I have to. Are there family lawyers that work pro bono in Georgia?

LindaJM

Re: How do I get a lawyer?

Postby LindaJM » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:23 am

The only lawyer I know of who wants to take CPS cases pro bono is in Indiana. Most lawyers will not advertise pro bono services. Many will make payment arrangements with you.

To find a lawyer, look for one in a county near the one your case is in. Often if you get a lawyer from your county they are friends with the prosecuting attorney and judge, and won't want to rock the boat (ie: put on a real defense for you.) So looking outside your county is one suggestion...

You can look through phone directories for lawyers, check the lawyers thread here... and look for "family law attorney Georgia" on Google. Check the websites to see if they mention doing juvenile law or dependency cases.

Most attorneys will do a free consultation for prospective clients. You might want to get their suggestions...
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Thanks for the reply and the suggestions. I guess I will start doing this now and contact one come Monday because Tuesday I am calling the judge to see what he plans on doing next.

Jay

Postby Jay » Thu May 06, 2010 3:51 pm

I can tell you that very few lawyers will ever take a CPS case Pro Bono. Because CPS are so inept in many instances, the case is always complicated. They aren't going to work for free. Lawyers are almost as bad as CPS. You want to talk about money guzzlers.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sun May 09, 2010 10:06 am

Here is a site that tells how this person became his own lawyer and brought a federal law suit against cps.

http://www.kidsformoney.com/
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

Return to “Juvenile Court”