Hope for Grandparents~~

For those concerned about children and parents in CPS cases.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

sinsofsilence.13

Hope for Grandparents~~

Postby sinsofsilence.13 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:00 am

I am the grandmother to a beautiful, 5yr old non-verbal grandson.
I've had the pleasure of being his sole caregiver, for 2 and a half years.
I'm the one that has cared for his every need, the longest, out of any other placement, and even his biological mother.
They took him without us ever seeing a judge to answer questions and offer testimony, three days before the first hearing scheduled.
The CPS caseworker provided a different judge with "oral testimony" as to why there needed to be an "emergency court order", to take the boy, "by force".
Ive no record of that emergency hearing, and have not been offered any documents that outlines, the reasons, for them to remove him from the home IMMEDIATELY.
We were refused due process--by her, and the courts-to speak about why he should be returned to his familiar surroundings, pet, toys and his best advocate for protection... ME.
They've got "No Contact" orders, for reasons, that are not outlined in any of their reports or findings.
So-- take the time to think about the childs thoughts ... that are abruptly, interrupted by police officers.. showing a faxed copy of a n order of protection, to show their intent-and was handed a card from one of them, telling us that they will e calling us in an hour to let us know what is happening.
They failed to call us-so we called them -- THE DETECTIVE did not have any new information, and was stil at the police station, waiting for the social workers to come and take him to the emergency room, to be examined for injuries, and signs of abuse or neglect.
They had him in a JAIL CELL for over an hour, (this is now 11:30pm), DETAINING A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD IN A COUNTY JAIL FACILITY CELL.
Also, remember, this child is unaccompanied be anyone he knows, put in jail, and now, is going to be examined thoroughly by strangers, all over his body-- including, the areas that I had taught him strangers never should be-- there's no one that he knows anywhere near him, and, hasn't been for several hours now.
This is a child that speaks VERY FEW WORDS that are clearly understand by others who have not been teaching him these words on a daily basis.
What this means, is that the child is subject to be a victim target in the hands of a stranger--- because, he cannot tell someone, if something has happened to him--and describe the person that did it to anyone at all that hasn't had regular 24/7 communication efforts.
He's now been all alone, surrounded and poked, prodded, examined, and placed in four different families homes, within 4 weeks time.
Today, he is being transferred to a "in-patient" treatment facility.
Which actually means, they've abandoned him, again-this time in a mental health institution.
Remember--he is FIVE YEARS OLD, And NON-VERBAL, and now, inside an institutional facility, with other children, who have behavioural issues, anger management issues, psycho-social issues, and those that were born with defects, that put there by families that refuse to have enough love to learn how to care for them, at home.

In the court, they have told me that I have no rights, and that, Sabrina, my daughter, is getting a clean-slate of 3 other cases of neglect with family services in the past-and is due again, on November 1st with a child that she hasn't found an option for adoption, nor, has she tried. She just plans on letting CPS take custody of the baby, at the hospital, instead.

The expensive attorney that I hired, has done jack shit, that I could have done--for FREE. His focus, is for me to do whatever they want me to do, and prove to them, that I am a good placement option for James, while his mother tries to obtain employment, and housing to get james back.

I have NOT done ONE thing, that would ever cause him harm. Ive protected him from his mothers refusal to care for him, her verbal abuse, and severe emotional abuse, that I witnessed first hand.
Why, am I not a placement option?
Because, I have felonies that are nearly 10 years old, in another state.
Because, supposedly, there was an anonymous caller that accused me of drug use, and prostitution. (former man that I dated, then, broke all communication with).
They requested a bac and a drug screen from both myself and my daughter... I passed both of them. Yet, she was positive for THC.
WHY does she get a clean slate of all her past ... Yet, I am subject to divulge my entire lifes history to one of their psychologists, and then, have a substance abuse evaluation, too?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here comes the hopes for anyone, including non-relatives, friends, and neighbors, who have had a child in their home, and provided care for them for a minimum of 6 months and up-- YOU CAN PETITION THE COURT FOR PSYCHOLOGICAL PARENT STATUS-and get some of the custody rights that are needed in these court cases-- to have the right to be told what is going on with the child.. to take part in the suggested plan, for the child in their custody-- and, to be immediately considered for other custody rights, if and when the biological parents rights are terminated by the court or in case of death.
HOWEVER----- YOU MUST PETITION THE COURT FOR PSYCHOLOGICAL PARENT STATUS WITHIN 6 MONTHS OF THE CHILDS LAST DAY IN YOUR HOME.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

The attorney, the court, nor, did CPS inform me of this opportunity or new family court ruling.
It has been incorporated since the year 2000.
That's 16 years that surely, a family law lawyer would be aware of--especially, if he was a former Gaurdian Ad Litem.

What I feel is happening, is that the network of lawyers, judges, social workers, substand abuse centers, psychologists, and state wide Medicaid insurance coverage acceptance for all of any medical and mental health need providers-- all have lunch together, on a daily basis-- one court case, feeds them all--hundreds of court cases, provides job security, social standing and reputation, and indeed provides the incentives to also, line their pockets with greed, and their motives and practices-uncontested, that when evaluated individually, is cause for their own mental issues with superiority complexes, grandiose perceptions of their capacities in social work, and egocentric motives for doing MORE for their community--by in reality, destroying their communities families, one by one. Therein, weakening the strength of their local communities, and thus, burning down the bridges to a collective, responsive, and self efficient society of people.
This is not social work. This is the decaying of the principles and foundations, that are set forth in our constitution, and bill of rights. This is killing our countries ability to care for ourselves.

Taking more children out of homes, than there are placement options, is not only self defeating--but a willful act of ignorance.. they need to recognize their supply vs demand.
This is NOT effectively serving ANYONE.
In fact, it defeats their purpose -- with plain old common sense.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Return to “Grandparents and Other Relatives”