nightmares

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

angelheart83

nightmares

Postby angelheart83 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:13 am

It's been months since CPS left but I had another nightmare. Last night I dreamed that in order to have your child in school, you had to do several weird things...including giving CPS a key to your home. (Reality isn't *too* far off from my dream!) I then dreamed that a social worker came to my home and let herself in...the dream had more in it but all I remember is having to give the key and then the terror when CPS came to my house.

Hopefully coming here and posting will help me feel better this morning. I need to start working but it's hard when your thoughts so often turn to CPS. I try to be thankful because they didn't take my children, but I'm still so hurt by the whole ordeal. I should get my notice of intent to sue this week...it's going to be a pain to get a ride to go file it. Hopefully I'll receive justice...and maybe that would make the nightmares go away because I've had them before.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

LindaJM

Re: nightmares

Postby LindaJM » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 pm

That's a very accurate nightmare. Putting your children in public school does open them up a lot more for CPS interference.

I believe the way will open up for you to get that ride to file the papers.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Yeah, the scariest part is that the nightmare is so close to reality. Putting your child in public schools gives CPS unrestricted access to them. I have two children, and I homeschool my daughter. However, I cannot homeschool my son anymore...his homebased therapy was defunded in 2009 and his problems are bad enough where I can't help him on my own. It scares the death out of me to send him to school. I love his teachers and they like me, so that does help. But we are "known to the system" and if the schizophrenic neighbor calls again, I'm afraid CPS will come to my son's school and snatch him away. I do get nervous every day about sending him and I panic if the school bus is more than 5 minutes later than normal. I start fearing he was finally taken and the bus won't even come down my street.

I can't wait until the nightmares end. But that probably won't be until I win the lawsuit and buy a house with a gated entrance, and maybe even the "secret room" that my daughter begs me for almost every day. And an imposing guard dog. And walls thick enough where even if someone comes to your doorstep, they can't hear you inside. They haven't come since October and I'm still cowering. You never know when they'll invite themselves back into your life.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Wed May 18, 2011 8:05 pm

angelheart83 wrote:It's been months since CPS left but I had another nightmare. Last night I dreamed that in order to have your child in school, you had to do several weird things...including giving CPS a key to your home. (Reality isn't *too* far off from my dream!) I then dreamed that a social worker came to my home and let herself in...the dream had more in it but all I remember is having to give the key and then the terror when CPS came to my house.

Hopefully coming here and posting will help me feel better this morning. I need to start working but it's hard when your thoughts so often turn to CPS. I try to be thankful because they didn't take my children, but I'm still so hurt by the whole ordeal. I should get my notice of intent to sue this week...it's going to be a pain to get a ride to go file it. Hopefully I'll receive justice...and maybe that would make the nightmares go away because I've had them before.

I also intend to take legal action against the women who maliciously called CPS on my child's minor kitten scratches and the CPS supervisor who ordered an employee to my child's school and then out to our house.

Here is some advice about your nightmares which might help (I'm a nurse with 25+ years of experience in psych nursing.) Know that nightmares are unpleasant, but "normal" after experiencing such stress.

1. Before you go to bed, read something pleasant, look at pleasant photos,or etc... for 10 minutes.

2. While lying in bed trying to sleep, "prime your dream" by thinking of something you WANT to dream about.

3. Tell yourself everyday and numerous times (breakfast, lunch and dinner) that you have the power to stop nightmares while sleeping. In your thoughts only, think about the caseworker ringing your doorbell and then you punting her dramatically over the building or home across the street. How about breathing fire on her like a dragon and toasting her like in a silly cartoon? (Make the thought of ridding her from your dream something so DRAMATIC that your brain will remember it). Tell yourself you WILL do this if she shows up in your dreams. She is not allowed in your dream.

If you prime your dreams, convince yourself that you can control aspects of your dreams, and practice how you will punt the social worker if she shows up in your dreams, you may be able to decrease the frequency and intensity of such nightmares. Best wishes!

ScaredMomNY

Postby ScaredMomNY » Wed May 18, 2011 9:37 pm

I have the nightmares, too- people coming into my house in SWAT teams, looking through my personal things, and those are bad. Dreams where i am just not a mom- I know in the dream I am missing something, but it's like no one else knows I am a mother, and I don't know where my kids are.

I find my kids' nightmares to be more telling. Both have developed a sudden, detailed fear of zombies. When I have to leave at night, they start crying about zombies. Mindless, soul-sucking creatures who break in the windows and doors and breach the safety of your home, consuming everything in sight without a rational thought- do they sound familiar to any of you guys?

For me, the happy dreams are the WORST. I woke up in a neighbor's basement the other day elated- I'd dreamed I was at the beach with my kids. It took a few minutes to come back to reality and I slowly remembered that CPS had removed them from my custody and I may never get them back. It was the worst feeling. So awful. :(
“Most people are good and occasionally do something they know is bad. Some people are bad and struggle every day to keep it under control. Others are corrupt to the core and don’t give a damn, as long as they don’t get caught. But evil is a completely different creature, Mac. Evil is bad that believes it’s good.” My CPS blog: http://cpsmistakes.tumblr.com/

Blondekat

Postby Blondekat » Sat May 28, 2011 1:20 am

This is the worse part. Nightmares, and dreams and the racing mind, what I could have done to stop them from taking him. I still have this, it's been 11 yrs, my son is 12 and turning 13 in Nov. Educate your kids that social workers are strangers, and we don't talk to strangers. That they need to have you present. Talk to the school and inform that that without a court order no one who is not on your child's "green card" or release form is allowed to remove your child from the premises and not even the classroom, and that doing so allows them to be liable for a lawsuite. Have a letter on file with the school that expresses your concern to be notified if your child is to be questioned or interagated by any law enforcement or government agent including social services or that the school and the agency responsible is in violation of your child's miranda rights. I am not an attorney, so this is just a recommendation, that I have done at my own kids school. I also keep close contacts with all teachers, principles and staff and volunteer for feild trips and the like because staying active in your child's life reduces risks. remember, they are there to investage you and it is your job to protect your children, not theirs!

KYLANDKELI

Postby KYLANDKELI » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:34 pm

angelheart83
I CAN SYMPATHIZE WITH YOU. MY NIGHTMARE HAPPENS DURING THE DAY AS WELL AS NIGHT. BECAUSE I WAS TAKEN FROM HOME EVERYTIME I HEAR THE DOORBELL RING I HAVE PANIC ATTACKS NOT SURE WHEN THEY MAY POPUP AGAIN FOR FALSE COMPLANTS.
I AM SORRY TO HEAR THAT THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING THROUGH THIS CRAZINESS. GOOD LUCK WITH CLEARING YOUR MIND, (AS WELL AS THAT SOUNDS).

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”