Still scared

How does one recover from trauma and PTSD? This area is for people who have been attacked by CPS and are having a hard time getting over it.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

angelheart83

Still scared

Postby angelheart83 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:51 am

As many of you know, I think CPS is backing off in my case (I hope I haven't jinxed it). However, I'm still overwhelmed by fear at them once again starting to show up. They've never come on weekends so there are only 2 days during the whole week that I feel somewhat safe. I am hypervigilant and scared the rest of the week.

I'm requesting my case file and police report this week in hopes of gathering evidence for my lawsuit. I'm scared of retaliation. I hope my decision to stand up for my family doesn't backfire and hurt us.

I wish we didn't have to live in fear. Even when they sort of back off, the fear remains. :cry: My family is traumatized but we are luckier than so many other people here. I am thankful that we were spared some of the worst CPS abuses but that doesn't change the fact that my family is still traumatized. We're still fearful and this is the kind of fear that won't subside...because we know that all it takes is a vengeful streak in a caseworker or another neighborhood spat for the ante to be "upped".
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

LindaJM

Re: Still scared

Postby LindaJM » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:41 am

I wish you luck on this. It is frightening to feel so vulnerable. Hopefully knowing the laws and using them will let them know you're not as vulnerable as you once looked. I can tell you, having this website really helped me, I believe... being able to quote laws and talk about recent lawsuits against CPS proved helpful in my dealings with CPS.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

angelheart83

Re: Still scared

Postby angelheart83 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:52 pm

I knew the laws before, I've been a CPS reform advocate since around 2006. What got me was this time they strongarmed me with the police backup and were therefore able to coerce entry. If she'd followed the Constitution, I could have kept the upper hand. They came on more strongly this investigation than in the past...I didn't expect to be threatened from outside for almost an hour! :cry:

I do think they've realized that they may have crossed some legal lines. However, they'd never admit that.

I don't think the fear will ever go away. At least if I pursue my lawsuit and win, I will be helping other families who have to go through this in the future.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

Return to “Recovery From CPS Trauma”