how do i get hot line info?

Network here, set up "ask the social worker" threads, post information and news of interest to social workers.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

brookeycookie

how do i get hot line info?

Postby brookeycookie » Thu May 19, 2011 10:04 am

My case worker mentioned a month ago, that I have a legal right to get all hot line information on my home. She told me all I had to do was request it in writing and give it to her. That she would give it to the Circuit manager and it would be mailed to me. Three cases are still open. I gave her a written, signed and dated request for any and all child abuse and neglect hot line information concerning myselfor my children. That was a month ago. I have not received anything or any word about it. What are the Missouri requirements?

LindaJM

Re: how do i get hot line info?

Postby LindaJM » Thu May 19, 2011 3:54 pm

brookeycookie wrote:My case worker mentioned a month ago, that I have a legal right to get all hot line information on my home. She told me all I had to do was request it in writing and give it to her. That she would give it to the Circuit manager and it would be mailed to me. Three cases are still open. I gave her a written, signed and dated request for any and all child abuse and neglect hot line information concerning myself or my children. That was a month ago. I have not received anything or any word about it. What are the Missouri requirements?

By law they cannot tell you who called... but they should tell you what the allegations were. If you haven't received any response yet, you could try a FOIA / Privacy Act request.
http://www.rcfp.org/foialetter/index.php

Find your state laws here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10360&start=0 ... if you can read Missouri Social Services Regulations you may find a process for requesting records.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Caseworkers & Social Workers”