Former caseworker confession plus Q&A

Network here, set up "ask the social worker" threads, post information and news of interest to social workers.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Eljay

Former caseworker confession plus Q&A

Postby Eljay » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Former caseworker confesses and answers questions from public audience:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/mwmrg/iama_former_child_protective_services_caseworker/
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

monkette31

Re: Former caseworker confession plus Q&A

Postby monkette31 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:03 pm

wow, are you also a redditor? right on...
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:19 am

No, not a redditor, but found it interesting.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Bizycoil

Postby Bizycoil » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:08 pm

I responded to my social worker after the removal of my child and let her know that the charges were false. She refused to take the hard paper evidence I had and take into consideration that i was dealing with domestic violence issues and did not willfully or intentional neglect my child. she proceeded with charges. Isn't this a gross neglect of her job by only accepting hearsay that supported her own opinion? I was then offered resources that had nothing to do with the precipitating factors of the case. shouldnt she have stopped with the hearing or asked for a continuance since i wasnt present at the court hearings. I only received one court docu in the mail regarding juristiction and then nothing until i got an e-mail stating the courts had guardianship. as far as i knew he was already with his guardian. can she be held liable for her blatant and malicious ignoring of evidence>

Return to “Caseworkers & Social Workers”