Network here, set up "ask the social worker" threads, post information and news of interest to social workers.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:56 am


Postby Pelle111us » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:51 pm

I share physical and legal custody with my kids mother. Recently she tried to moved to Arizona from Michigan, but got stranded in Missouri. Without notifying friend of the Court, but got the approval from her CPS worker that it was OK to relocated as long as she enroll my kids in school when she get to Arizona. My question do CPS have that authority to allow her moved without informing the Court?

User avatar
Posts: 3171
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:16 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Question

Postby LindaJM » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:34 pm

It sounds like the family court order could have been violated, but since I don't have all the facts, and don't know your state's laws, I can't say for certain whether this move was the right thing for her to do. If you question the move you could take the case back to family court. Did you ask the caseworker why she told your children's mother it was okay to move when you had shared custody?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Caseworkers & Social Workers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest