Page 1 of 1

Need information

Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:47 pm
by Scaredmom3
My daughter has bipolar disorder and has been attenting a local partial day program. In family therapy our family therapist ( in front of my daughters aged 14 and 17.) said that because the girls smokes pot together while I was at work she could make a cps report for neglect. It was not my pot, I don't smoke any drugs not do I drink. When I knew the oldest smokes pot I put her in treatment.
Can I be charged with neglect for two teenagers smoking pot? Do I try to find a babysitter for two teenagers? I work full time and am barely making it now.

Re: Need information

Posted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:48 pm
by Scaredmom3
Also what do I do now? She could have just as easily have been with a friend.

Re: Need information

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:04 pm
by tjcat333
I have been dealing with CPS for almost 4 years now. During this time, I have been researching the law.Although Linda or an attorney would be your best bet, I'd like to share what I have learned. First, I need to know what state you are in if you feel ok about sharing that information with me. I ask, so that I can look up the law in your state. However, that's only the beginning. I need to take care of my teenage son and 23yo daughter now, but will check back shortly.
Take a deep breath, don't sign anything without a lawyer present (only if that counselor doee call CPS) Either way, there are some basics you need to know regarding dealing with CPS if they do come knocking. I will return, because I do know how you feel ! And...if you DO talk to anyone from "the department", don't give them ANY INFORMATION, even if it's positive. Everything you say will be twisted and used against you; I guarantee it! !