OUTLOOK AND COMPENSATION FOR SOCIAL WORKERS

Network here, set up "ask the social worker" threads, post information and news of interest to social workers.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Dazeemay

OUTLOOK AND COMPENSATION FOR SOCIAL WORKERS

Postby Dazeemay » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:58 pm

[quote]Outlook
Government economists expect job growth for child, family, and school social workers to be as fast as the average for all careers through 2018. There could be competition for jobs in cities that are home to social work degree programs. It should be easier to find work in rural areas, which often have trouble attracting qualified social workers. This is frightening to say the least.Compensation
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, child, family, and school social workers earned an average yearly income of $43,120 in 2008. Those employed in elementary and secondary schools earned an average income of $56,750 in 2008. Wow, we should all become social workers and work in the schools. I wonder if the poor underpaid teachers know this.[/quot

http://www.collegeboard.com/csearch/maj ... 06470.html
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

TDD84

Re: OUTLOOK AND COMPENSATION FOR SOCIAL WORKERS

Postby TDD84 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:52 am

Dazeemay wrote:
Outlook
Government economists expect job growth for child, family, and school social workers to be as fast as the average for all careers through 2018. There could be competition for jobs in cities that are home to social work degree programs. It should be easier to find work in rural areas, which often have trouble attracting qualified social workers. This is frightening to say the least.Compensation
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, child, family, and school social workers earned an average yearly income of $43,120 in 2008. Those employed in elementary and secondary schools earned an average income of $56,750 in 2008. Wow, we should all become social workers and work in the schools. I wonder if the poor underpaid teachers know this.[/quot

http://www.collegeboard.com/csearch/maj ... 06470.html

No kidding! And most of those teachers do a WHOLE lot more for the kids than most of the social workers.
Pays more to be a hawk than a dove, I suppose.
(disclaimer: any decent SW's reading this, I am not referring to you and I apologize for any insult. You have my respect... now go help some *real* abused kids!)
I've not yet gotten entangled in CPS myself. I perceive, however, that the threat is very real. I prefer to prepare now, which is why I am here.
If I seem ignorant, it's probably because I am. If I make a stupid remark, it's likely because I don't understand how I'm coming across. Just smack me and set me straight.

Michael

Postby Michael » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:08 pm

In Texas first you must obtain a college degree in Social Work and then pass the state board examinations. This allows you to use Licensed Social worker. But you can only work for someone else. After 2000 hours of approved work you can apply for the designation of IPR. This allows you to do more. Very few Texas CPS workers are Licensed Social Workers. In private practice a Licensed Social Worker makes around $60.00 a hour. Working for a government agency they make $25,000.00 to $43,000 a year.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:35 pm

TD-

Michael is one of the good guys. Whatever he says you can take as truth.

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:03 am

Ok. Thank you. :)
I've not yet gotten entangled in CPS myself. I perceive, however, that the threat is very real. I prefer to prepare now, which is why I am here.
If I seem ignorant, it's probably because I am. If I make a stupid remark, it's likely because I don't understand how I'm coming across. Just smack me and set me straight.

kelz03103

Postby kelz03103 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:52 pm

I swear the social worker in my kids last school , I had to pull them out was a cps worker or a wanna be state worker , and I swear I didn't know for years that these types of workers were in the schools , even elementary , and the one at the last school was on us like a tick on a deer. I was wondering how many parents are un-aware that these social workers are their to look for "target" children in the school . It is getting so you can't take your child to a doctor or hospital , without being accused of something , or send them to school , I think school is one of the worst ones , you HAVE to send them , and sometimes like me , I knew every day I sent them in , I was taking a chance. I finally couldn't take the stress anymore so I moved my children to another school , it has been much better , my next option , if changing schools hadn't worked was to home school them , and my oldest child is still having a lot of issues , and I may still opt to home school him , and i have fears of drawing attention to myself , knowing that they do not like that . The claim is we need more and more of these workers , because theres sooo many endnagered kids , if people only knew they are creating the problems , and then rewarding workers with more pay and more work to fix them. ~Kelz~

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:55 pm

I homeschooled my kids for nine years to keep them away from the government employees at the school. Even in schools without social workers they have trained snitches called TEACHERS and anyone else that works there. They all have to go to the child abuse seminars... to learn how to report their "suspicions".

(My state says mandated reporters MUST report "suspicions". God help us!)
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Caseworkers & Social Workers”