>>>> PLEASE READ HELPFUL INFO AND LINKS <<<<<

Drug abuse, treatment, research, and laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Familyrights1st

>>>> PLEASE READ HELPFUL INFO AND LINKS <<<<<

Postby Familyrights1st » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:28 pm

CPS's favorite "I don't have any evidence so I will use the good old failure to protect"
Let's take a look at the details of this accusation.
WIC 300 (b) (3) substantial physical harm or illness of a child or risk of such.
The third element effectively requires showing that at the time of jurisdiction (when the state takes jurisdiction of your child) hearing the child is at substantialrisk of serious physical harm in the future. Ie; evidence showing that a substantial risk that past physical harm will reoccur.

Well I advise anybody who had their infant newborn taken in the hospital because they use drugs point out this to your lawyers. There is no risk of any physical harm reoccurring in the future because the baby will never be a fetus inside the womb again. It is impossible to say there is a risk based on past physical harm!! They cannot say anything to refute this!!
So if you are dealing with your infant being kidnapped this info could save your life.
** I do not agree with using drugs while you are pregnant, however I do not believe doing so makes you an unfit mother.
Hopefully you get the help you need but on your terms not CPS's

Now I have found some amazing help on the Internet at the following links mostly pertaining to
http://www.sdap.org
CALIFORNIA LAW
This is a handbook quick guide to the juvenile court system, it has a checklist that you can print out and give to your public defense person. If you tell them what you expect from them and they don't help you, they can be fired and sued.
http://www.sdap.org/downloads/research/dependency/dep-juris.pdf

I dealt with CPS taking my twins when they were just under 1 year old. I was foolish and naieve and was told, do whatever they say and you will get your babies back. So I did, jumped through every hoop they held up for me. Nearly lost our jobs (my boyfriend and I ) in the process. Their reason was they found meth in my sons system after I brought him to the ER because he was scratching his nose and I was a paranoid new mom. Then they said they found cannabis in the other twins system...bull**it!!
Anyways long story short, before the actual hearing we went to a supervised visit (the nerve of those as**les!) we were told we got lucky, they amazingly lost all of the test results pertaining to my children, not just one test lost noooooo two, between the hospital,cops,and CPS not one of those jerks had the proof as to why they stole my kids!!
My boys were just under a year then they are 9 now. I still have nightmares every night.
My advice is read everything! Do not bad mouth your ex or your mom etc... It will only be used against you later.
When you talk to the social worker, everything out of your mouth should be positive about yourself and your relationship kids etc....
They are the worst kind of :twisted: people, they don't get paid to keep families together this is a fact!! :twisted: :evil:

Familyrights1st

Re: >>>> PLEASE READ HELPFUL INFO AND LINKS <<<<<

Postby Familyrights1st » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Drug use showing a link to potential harm to the minor is insufficient grounds for jurisdiction In re Rebecca C.(2014)228] ca4 720,727-728;
In re Drake M.(2012) 211 Ca.App 754, 768-769

This is from than amazing site with all the appeals and upheld rulings regarding juvenile court dependency hearings in Ca. All bases are covered check it out
http://www.sdap.org/downloads/research/dependency/dep-juris.pdf

Lysander

Postby Lysander » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:38 am

What about breastfeeding? Might the state not argue that the mother could pass some illegal drugs to the child during breastfeeding, despite the scant research on the subject? See, e.g. http://www.cfp.ca/content/58/11/1218.full

cdomeier907

Postby cdomeier907 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:46 am

cdomeier907

Postby cdomeier907 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:49 am

[quote="Familyrights1st"]Drug use showing a link to potential harm to the minor is insufficient grounds for jurisdiction In re Rebecca C.(2014)228] ca4 720,727-728;
In re Drake M.(2012) 211 Ca.App 754, 768-769

What state is this in...i'm in alaska

Return to “Drug Related Cases”