CPS wants to talk to my psychiatrist

Drug abuse, treatment, research, and laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

CPS wants to talk to my psychiatrist

Postby 11221986 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:20 am

I reside in Oregon. I had my daughter two weeks ago. Myself and my daughter tested positive for pot. I used it for nausea rather than taking pharmaceuticals. Hospital notified CPS, worker called and made an appointment with me 4 days after we got home from hospital. She asked general questions and was very polite. Met my daughter, my son and my significant other. now she wants me to sign papers to release information from my psychiatrist. I am currently seeing my psychiatrist for bipolar and see him bi weekly. Started my meds right after baby. Now the issue I have is disclosing certain information to her. I don't mind her asking him if I am currently under care and that I am on medication. She shouldn't know anything else other than those two things right? I haven't signed papers yet. I'm still trying to educate myself before signing anything

AllieKat274

Re: CPS wants to talk to my psychiatrist

Postby AllieKat274 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:19 am

What is the reason she stated for the information? I personally wouldn't do it, but I also have been fighting since day one. Remember, they use anything against you, twist your words, everything. If you do, be very specific on the form. Also, record every encounter and if possible communicate via email and not by phone or verbally. This gives you what they say and they can not dispute it. Don't sign anything, at least try to have a consultation with a private attorney that can give you good advice. There are a few but maybe even talk to 2 different ones?

Return to “Drug Related Cases”