GET YOUR DOCTOR'S HELP!! RECORD ALL HEALTH PROBLEMS.

For newcomers to this message board

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

BitrthMother

GET YOUR DOCTOR'S HELP!! RECORD ALL HEALTH PROBLEMS.

Postby BitrthMother » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:42 pm

I know that sometimes it is the doctors who call cps but this is not the majority. This post is for those who have had someone OTHER than a doctor call. If you have a good doctor for your children you may want to get a note from them on how well you take care of your kids. I remember the first time someone called cps on me, my daughter was only 2 1/2 months old. The person who called was my first husband's military boss (he was a marine); he didn't like us and there was some slight domestic violence between me and my husband. My pediatrician was shocked that someone had called on me on a baby so young and especially since I was bringing her in, getting all her shots, etc. I started crying in the doctor's room. But he didn't know what to do and I didn't think about this idea at the time. Doctors can hold a lot of sway, yes, in a bad way sometimes, but also in a good way.
So if your child is up to date on all shots, keep those records. If you have growth charts, keep those nearby. Whatever documents you have that prove that you give your children adequate medical care keep those. You may want to let your doctor know whats going on and ask if they can help in any way, write a note, etc. Once you get a note, make copies immediately. (Please note:ONLY if you have a good one (doctor!) I have had a bad one before who called on me for 1 bruise that my daughter got at school! Which brings me to my next topic: Record all health problems with your doctor and any new doctor. For instance, my child bruises easily. ALWAYS let them know. Also her and I BOTH get frequent UTI's (Urinary tract infections) but ONLY when we lived in a dry climate (Colorado) The doctors suggested I get them a lot because I have lower body reflux. When my daughter got adopted, I let her new parents know these things. She and I also sunburn extremely easily as we are fair and my dad is from Europe so we are light skinned and made for cold weather, not hot! So always always, always have these kinds of things documented and put on your child's medical record. And if you do happen to be blessed with a good doctor and are fighting false allegations, see if they can help. I DO realize that sometimes they are on cps's side and they and the cops all stick together but not always. Ive had doctors who were Christians, went to church, who would do the right thing. Like I said, my pediatrician was shocked at my dilemma. So just remember document and keep records and if you think your doc would help give it a try. But over ALL of this, trust your GUT and your INSTINCTS. If it doesn't feel like the right thing to do, don't ask. Use your "Mommy sense!" (or "Daddy sense"!) I hope this helps.

LindaJM

Re: GET YOUR DOCTOR'S HELP!! RECORD ALL HEALTH PROBLEMS.

Postby LindaJM » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:04 pm

Thanks for posting this good advice about doctors. Parents should stay up to date on requesting all medical records from doctors. They can be a good way to document your ability to take good care of your children. They can prove that when your child was with you, your child was healthy enough.

Once a child is taken by CPS if the doctor's office knows it, they might balk at giving you medical records, so it is important to request them before a doctor knows CPS is involved. If possible. They must be requested in writing, and the doctor's office might have a form to be filled out.

After a records request, it may take weeks or even a month to get the records in the mail. That could be too late to be submitted as evidence at a hearing, so act fast... preferably before children are taken.

BitrthMother... I realize your daughter is already gone... I am so sorry that happened to you.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

BitrthMother

Re: GET YOUR DOCTOR'S HELP!! RECORD ALL HEALTH PROBLEMS.

Postby BitrthMother » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:14 am

Linda Jo, Thank you so much. Yes I miss my daughter so much. It is an ache that never goes away. And yes you are right doctors can be hesitant to get involved once they know Cps is involved. So yes it is important to get all medical records, shot records, etc. before there is ever an investigation. ALL parents should keep records for each and every one of their child. Linda Jo, Thanks again.

Return to “Read this before posting”