am i legally obligated to return cps phone calls?

For those who need to know the laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

lesltyte

am i legally obligated to return cps phone calls?

Postby lesltyte » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:03 am

cps kept calling my phone about an allagetion that me and my children were living in a hotel, and that the kids were not supposed to be with me. they said it was a hang up annonomous call. I changed my number. cps has been continually calling my mother and fathers phone, and showed up at my moms house waiting on her after work. they have interwieved my whole family and everyone says that the babies look fine and iam well. i do not trust cps as i have had history with them, with my first two kids, in the state of fl, and had them removed to which my mother and i have joint custody. so in fl, they are one in four states that you do not have to have a reason to remove again. obviously i do not have any faith in them, and do not want them anywhere around my kids. they claim they just want to see them. my feelings are these. even if i was living in a hotel, which im not btw, that wouldnt be abuse anyway, they are hunting me down like an animal because that is what they do. my kids are up on all their shots, and healthy. am i obligated to contact cps? legally can they do anything to me?

LindaJM

Re: am i legally obligated to return cps phone calls?

Postby LindaJM » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:57 pm

I just answered this in the Investigations area where there's a good thread going. I'm going to lock this thread so we can keep the conversation going all in one place.

Here's the link to the other thread: AM I OBLIGATED TO RESPOND TO CPS CALLS?

It is best to post only once. I look at all the threads... so I won't miss your posting!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Legal Research”