what now?

For those who need to know the laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:41 pm

what now?

Postby irbeach57 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:26 pm

in need of advice/answers/ideas on where to go from here now that my son has lost his appeal on his tpr case?(michigan)he has no history of drug or alcohol use,as well as no criminal history. Was a father for eight years prior,and a father to a blended family of 5,at the time with no previous issues,before this alledged abuse to his 18 month old.we as a family, along with his wife,who we have managed to keep the children with as long as we gave one of the parents up to cps,have fought all the way and had true evidence,but unfortunately no money for a lawyer.and so we lost.our question now is how to right this and reunite this family?do we try to go public?one of the factors involved is a recalled crib.could this be something for public consumption?i understand we can go to the supreme court.how does that work?we are all willing to do whatever,we just need the right direction.obviously this is a short version of the story,more info can be provided.thanks so much.

Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Re: what now?

Postby krista.mills09 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:59 pm

This is my husband. This is my family. We are all so torn on what do we do next. What can we still do? I hope that there is something we can do because my husband did not do this and my family has been ripped apart. And through out this process I was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer, so I am undergoing treatment plus trying to raise 4 children. Plus try to fight to get our family back together. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN OFFER!!!!!!!! Thanks for your information.

User avatar
Posts: 2645
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:01 am

Re: what now?

Postby Eljay » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:06 pm

Appeal outside of CPS courts seems like your next move. I don't have much info for you, but coincidentally ran across the info on "Deanna Fogarty-Hardwick" today. She won a HUGE settlement from CPS. Google her name, read all of the articles, look for her attorney's name and call and ask if they can work for you or refer you. Good luck!
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Return to “Legal Research”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests