Is it possible for my sister to get custody of my kids?

For those who need to know the laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

spanky94

Is it possible for my sister to get custody of my kids?

Postby spanky94 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:25 pm

I explained my CPS case in my other posting, however I didn't mention the part with my sister. My sister goes way, way out of her way to make things enormously difficult for everyone involved. She is a lesbian. She has been with her partner for 18 years and they do not have any children of their own. My counselor strongly believes that her motives are to keep my children. Neither her or her partner will speak to me. They never tell me anything about my children, special events, when they are sick-absolutely nothing! There had to be a court order just for me to call and talk to my kids. The CPS worker told me directly that my sister keeps lying to him, she makes things so difficult. She fights the visit time. She complains about every little thing. She can't stand the transporter. If he is 2 minutes early she is on the phone complaining. She will not help in any way to transport the kids. I also thought I should mention that my brother is a CPS attorney in another county, and my sister and him stand strongly by each other. My brother won't speak to me either. Anyway if anyone has any thoughts I would really appreciate it. Thank you and God bless.
Brooke Dell
Please help me, I am afraid of not getting my kids home.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:03 pm

Wow, talk about black sheep of the Family, that is bad enough, how to get through it? Just get through it, I guess. Jump all their hoops, and craps, and get your kids back. Do everything that CPS tells you, because the Kids are out of your care, so it is better that the kids are with your Sister than they are in Foster Care where they do abuse them or neglects them. I know you must hate your Sister, and your Brother, but you need to find some lee way that your Kids are well cared for by your Sister than some kind of stranger. I would rather have my Kids at my Mom's which I cannot stand, than to release my kids to some freak stranger that would do some harm emotionally or abusing them, or neglecting them with NO LOVE!

Just make sure there is a renunification plan going on, and get through all of the services required of you, and you will get your kids back. Don't be late, don't miss any dates, and show up at every meetings. Talk politely, dress nice, and co-operate, and talk less. Just keep kissing their shoes, until you get your kids back, it is the only way. If CPS sees that your Sister is "difficult" then they won't let the Kids go with her, instead will look for other relatives to reside with, or get them back to you, which is the best last resort. Because Kids knows you, and knows you are the Mother, not some Sister who is an Aunt, who is opt to become a Mother automatically.

Return to “Legal Research”