Protocol for docs with suspected Abuse

For those who need to know the laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

swoozie

Protocol for docs with suspected Abuse

Postby swoozie » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:37 am

My case was just about to close with Newton co dfcs, I fought for a year to get my kids back because of false child abuse accusations. My 7 yr old Brandon came home from school saying he had been hurt at school. while playing a game in PE. I looked in his backpack and there wasnt a note from the nurse which is odd because they usually sent it home to let you know how the injury occured. I thought it was something minor so i didnt look right away because everytime i turn around he gets hurt. Then i noticed the back of his shirt was wet, so i pulled it up and there was a bad carpet burn the size of 2 softballs next to each other. It wasnt bleeding but it was oozing a clear substance. He told me that they were playing a game called antkiller or something like it where he was laying on the floor and 2 kids were supposed to pick him up by his hands & feet and carry him but he was dragged on the floor.He had to have been dragged a ways for it to be as bad it is. I was at Brandons friends moms house discussing ADHD with her because her sons have it as well and my caseworker showed up there at 5:30 this afternoon. I thought it was a routine visit being since my case was about to close. For those who dont know Ive been dealing with these people for 3 yrs--my ex called them on me, my kids were taken due to child abuse allegations and my daughters death was used against me like i did something to her. The school nurse called dfcs because of some other bruises he had that came from where he had fallen off his friends bike and got hung up in the chain. She took him in his bedroom by himself and began questioning him. She came out and said that the storys were the same and consistent with what happened yesterday and wednes. She told me to take him to the dr which i took him to the hospital in the neighboring county because they have a clinic and its better than a 6 hr wait and a lot of money. At the hospital they were wondering why i didnt take him to my county hospital and i told them why and also mentioned the dfcs thing. The nurse was drilling him asking him what happened even though i already told her. I didnt like the dr he was acting odd when i told him what happened. He said hed be right back and when he did he had my daughter leave the room and asked my son to remove all his clothes. THIS DR WAS LOOKING FOR POSSIBLE CHILD ABUSE AND EVEN WENT SO FAR AS TO SPREAD HIS BUTT CHEEKS APART. Was this legal for him to violate my sons privacy, he was horrified because he looked at his private parts. A friend told me it was wrong and to talk to the superviser at the hospital and complain. I dont know what the protocol is for something like this. I mean if the cw suspected abuse she would have stripped him down but didnt. He noiced a bruise on the back of his lower leg and said it looked like he was hit from behind. I told him about him falling off the bike, he said hed be right back and he had to document this. Document what exactly? Im really freaked out now. It took him an hour for the nurse to finally come in and give me the papers that said Diagnosis: abrasions and bruising.He advised me to take him to his regular doctor but his medicaid ended on 7-31 without my knowing. I am so afraid, i nor anyone else has spanked him or laid a hand on him. He has a history of anemia and has always bruised easily even when he took iron supplements. This is some serious deja vu. My 2 1/2 yr old was 8 mths old when he was taken and Nicholas is 8 mths old now. Thanks for listening i am just really freaked out right now and needed to get some of it off my chest.

Return to “Legal Research”