Representing yourself

For those who need to know the laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

raggie45

Representing yourself

Postby raggie45 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:05 pm

I am getting ready to start acting as my own lawyer. But I can't seem to find an answer to one question I have. I have a feeling that it will have to be tested in the courtroom.

If I am my own Lawyer when the judges and counsel have their secret meetings in the judges dungeon .... do I get to go also? If not, why not?

J & C

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:44 pm

There was pro-se board right on top of this Legal Research board. Worth checking it out.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:34 pm

Call the Clerk of the Court and ask for a copy of the court rules for that particular locality. Some localities may not have their own rules but just go by the state rules.

Also there may be rules for the Bar Association. Try to get them, and ask around about the procedures in those.

Ask if there are any pro se rules and procedures for your local courts.

There may be a law library at the courthouse.

Ask the Clerk all the questions that they will answer.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:59 am

Iowa supposedly got rid of those dungeon "bull sessions"
but I think they just cut way back on thern because
actually they are a violation. They basically decide
how it's going to go in the hearing before the hearing.
You might need to file a motion insisting that you
be allowed into the bull session, or that they have NONE.
(You'll embarass them, in a GOOD way!)

Have you got the format down for filing your own
pleading yet?

Have you asked for enough time to address
all of the issues you want to cross examine?
How many witnesses will you have?
You might want to find a public pretender
willing to be "second chair" and help you
with subpeonas and proper form.
Or ask the court for one for those purposes.
Explain that you are tired of public defenders
that don't actually fight for their client,
urge them to surrender/stipulate, etc.

What exactly is the court date and is this
an adjudication hearing?

Or is it the ""adjudication hearing"" scheduled
just so your atty can give you the pressure
to stipulate 15 minutes before court?

How much time is scheduled for this hearing?

We had one which was supposedly for the big hearing
but it was a fake, only 15 minutes scheduled I think,
more properly it was a pre-pre trial.
(Mostly set up for the "stipulation scam" in the hallway)

You will need to be quite assertive with most Judges,
they will try to con you into taking a public defender.

raggie45

Postby raggie45 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:54 am

Thanks everyone.

It doesn't matter anymore what we do. The SW from Ohio has lied about a phone conversation with my wife and now they are taking us back to court over that next week. Once the judges rule that she is guilty they are recommending that the twins go to their sperm donor in Ohio. They are going to give him complete control of their health both physical and mental. The SW here was being a big help now she is turning out to be a back stabbing bitch!! Well at least we still have each other. Till CPS figures out a way to ruin that too.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:25 pm

Is there any proof of such phone conversation? was it recorded? Did the SW record it? or she "made it all up"? Did you have any phone records of her calling in to your home? Dates, times? sometimes you can call the phone company to get a phone log and a summary, (how many minutes, dates, and such). Don't you wish you had taped that conversation? don't worry, next time you will be prepared. Get all the evidence as much as you can, from A to Z's....

Ask the Judge, where is the proof of such phone conversation? was it recorded? and what was being said? And you can request the Judge to court order the ENTIRE CPS files so you can weed through the evidence and point it out on how this SW had lied on record and she can be charged for fabricating reports, and lying under oath. You just need to prove it. Get the Judge to court order the entire CPS files so you can review them, and find where this SW had lied on record. (such phone conversations). GET THE PROOF.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “Legal Research”