CA case records search

A place for parents who have been through a termination of parental rights. Please network here on ways to reconnect with your children, cope with the trauma of separation, and promote advocacy against this cruel system of family destruction.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

2014Brown

CA case records search

Postby 2014Brown » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:55 am

I'm trying to find out why a social worker can call visits in a 10 x 12 interrogations room with 4 ADHD / ODD boy, (children) chaotic, and the court accepts that as grounds to terminate parental rights.
Are chaotic visits, with very active children, grounds to keep children under a California juvenile courts W&I code 300 b ruling, claiming a mother can't properly control her children during visits, so she is there-fore an unfit mother and can not have her children.

LindaJM

Re: CA case records search

Postby LindaJM » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:19 am

Social workers will use any excuse they can, to destroy families. This social worker obviously doesn't know much about the challenges parents face every day to raise their families. If this happened to you, I can only say, I'm so very sorry. Has the TPR already happened?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

2014Brown

Postby 2014Brown » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Not yet but the 366.26 hearing is coming soon.
Still trying to find CA published case records to submit that will help stop them.
Apparently the judges will only consider case record examples that states that chaotic visits with children are not grounds to terminate parental rights.
These Judges accept everything the social worker puts in their report as fact without any drought, nothing you say caries any weight.
In my cause my children engage in a debates, argue with their brothers, the social worker doesn't like it and calls it chaotic. Its not a home like setting, their visits with me are confined in box like setting, making it much more difficult to redirect them than at home or outside while they are playing.
Within reason children need to be allowed to voice themselves. You can't iron fist them, it would only make them rebellious. The social worker don't know my children, and obviously has no compassion or understanding of ADHD children, that need a little extra care, a little bit more in need of TLC
I have not found any laws that govern how you are directed to raise your children. I work with them on their level each as needed.
I don't know what planet theses workers were raised on, if I had any choice I would never allow any child near anyone with a mind set such as theirs..
Again with the original request, please I need California case records involving chaotic visits that indicate they are not grounds for a TPR.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:31 am

I don't have any records like that to share with you, but I can tell you where to do the research - and that is at the local county law library. You will need to look at the appeals court records. You might be able to find some of these records online.

CPS case records are always kept private in most states, including yours, and that's why the only information you're likely to find is in the published appeals court decisions.

You wrote: "nothing you say caries any weight" -- well, it is true that nothing you say carries weight and is easily ignored, but what you write must be taken into consideration by a judge, and that's why I recommend writing legal documents like a "Declaration of Facts" and/or "Statement of Objections and Corrections to the Report of the Social Worker." I've posted samples in my legal document library (see link below, in my signature box.)

It would help if you could get an expert witness to testify for you - someone who knows about the difficulty of controlling ADHD children, especially in a tiny room.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “TPR Parents”