Statute of time

Discuss all aspects of suing CPS and its affiliates for the injustice done to your family.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

vettebratt

Statute of time

Postby vettebratt » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:35 am

Since the onset of my case I knew there was wrong-doing. However it was not until I wrote Senator kyle who hooked me up with a senator in my area and she had a state leg. review my case, it was then that I learned to the degree of the illegal acts. she stated that my children had been kidnapped and I should go to the FBI for an investigation due to the fact that cps showes a case closure date 6 days before they removed my children. I am not sure how to do all that. however she did also say something in regard to the statute of time of limitation? Is this true? can there be such a thing of a time limitation to a case when it can be proven that there has been illegal acts and violations to not only myself but my children as well? from the start, wouldnt everything thereof surely be tainted? no matter how much time has passed?! & how is it that EVERYONE involved, NO-ONE noticed the case closure date from the supervisors to the ones that are soppose to review the case to the judges in the courts. and wouldnt this fall under fabricated Material on the side of the state agency to allow proceeding to go on?
vettebratt

Eljay

Re: Statute of time

Postby Eljay » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Sounds like you need to go back and ask the person who told you this to clarify and/or get answers for you. State laws vary by state. You haven't really given any tangible information for us to look at. But if something so horrific happened that reunification was not an option, or that they got mom & dad to sign over parental rights, then, yes, the case could very well be closed before the kids were taken into physical custody. In fact, unless they've done an emergency removal, they usually have to get legal custody before they get physical custody.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Daruma

Re: Statute of time

Postby Daruma » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Gather up your evidence and call the FBI. They can determine whether the statute of limitations has expired or not. If it hasn't expired yet, time is of the essence. If your senator thinks you should involve the FBI, then I highly recommend you do it, sooner rather than later.

Please let us know how this turns out for you.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

Return to “Sue Them!”