Sue or Disagree with CPS and children will be denied a home!

Discuss all aspects of suing CPS and its affiliates for the injustice done to your family.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

hope

Sue or Disagree with CPS and children will be denied a home!

Postby hope » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:34 pm

We were approved to adopt a child in 1998. We were not foster parents and we were not looking for a child to adopt but this 8 month old baby "fell into our life from heaven"... or so it seemed.

Mom was in prison for 7 years for felony child abuse and from the pics I saw of her 3 year old child, she should have been put under the jail. Anyone that would harm a child to the degree this child was beaten, held up against the wall (handprints around his neck to prove it), food stuffed down his throat, finally leaving him in a seizure (likely the only thing that saved both children's lives), mom took him to the hospital; does not deserve rehabilitation, imo

Anyway, 36 days before TPR, CPS changed their minds and denied our license to adopt. The reason given at the time was that we did not have a "significant relationship with the child".

We filed our appeal according to CPS Policy 7800 Admin. Review, on March 1, 1998; which, according to policy, they are to respond within 30 days. They responded April 28, 1999 . http://www.hope4kidz.com/CPSResponse.htm

On April 12, at TPR hearing, our attorney filed an emergency intervention to prevent the state of Texas from taking PMC until the judge could have a hearing on our motion to adopt. Judge Molder said the Emergency Injunction was not filed timely!
Due to the very nature of an Emergency Injunction, there is NO time frame requirement! We were told if the judge tells you to show up in your skivvies, you better show up in your skivvies!

If my memory serves me well, (which would be a miracle!~lol!~)
On Friday evening, around 4:30 p.m., prior to our hearing at 8:30 a.m. on Monday morning, the foster parents filed an Emergency Intervention to prevent us from adopting. [strange how there were no time requirements for them!] (The foster parents had NEVER expressed a desire to adopt Bek... The foster parent is also my half sister!) My knees literally turned to jello as I stood at the payphone speaking to our attorney. I just could not believe that MY SISTER, 13 years older than I, would do such a wicked, hurtful thing. She knew we loved Rebekah and that Rebekah was extremely bonded to our family. We had never heard of "farming out" but that is what she was accused of doing to to Cover her Arse, as CPS dangled two little boys she was planning on adopting in front of her, she did what CPS wanted...

On Nov. 4, 1998, we proved that we DID have a significant relationship with this child. We were ready for trial immediately but the Judge said our attorney had to find a date that the two other attorneys could agree on. WHAT A JOKE!
While our attorney was trying to get them to agree to a date, CPS Trial Lawyer, Butch Cox, set the date for July 12, 1999!
We were not allowed visitation.
We spent 60,000.00 because like most naive people, we truly believed that once the judge heard the evidence, that there was no evidence to prevent our being licensed, Truth and Justice would prevail :shock:

Jump to Nov. 2004, we thought that by now they had grown up some, since every person that worked in our case from the Admin, to adoption super, and child's worker were fired/retired/demoted and Tamara Carroll, the worst liar of all, was sent to Ft. Bend County, surely they realized that WE WERE NOT THE PROBLEM!

WRONG! We have completed the PRIDE training, although walls were thrown up at every step to complete it, and ended with a "contract provider" being the most unethical, uncaring, downright mean woman to my children! One who is a PhD student and has worked with children who have unique brain disorders for eight years. Misty did not take kindly to the way this woman treated her and when she called me, I just said, "Baby, sit down and write it down right now while it is fresh in your mind." Lordy be did she ever put this woman and CPS in their place.

Needless to say, we were denied a license to adopt or foster, "because we have a web site that has negative statements about DFPS employees." I responded that if any of the information was found to be invalid, please report it to the board of directors and it would be corrected immediately. NO RESPONSE!

In answer to your question, if you do not say yes ma'am, thank you ma'am, I appreciate being stomped into the ground, I am willing to do whatever you say without question and I will never disagree with you, you will not be allowed to adopt, much less foster, in the state of Texas because you will have shown "an unwillingness to work with the agency".

Have letter, will gladly share!

Joanna Wright
Hope4KidZ, Inc.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:32 am

I want no part of this forum
Last edited by Guest on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

hope

Saw Pictures because we were part of the PLAN

Postby hope » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:17 am

We attended PPT meetings and the purpose of these meetings was to determine THE PLAN for these two children. We WERE THE PLAN for Bek.

Confidential information is shared.

I am not violating his confidentiality by naming the child or showing the pictures that the hospital had taken of him.

His pudgy little 3 year old cheeks were black and blue; I don't think there was an area on his face that was free from scrapes, bruises the size of an adult fist, and swelling. I almost tossed my cookies and did not look at the rest of the pictures!

Why does it matter how I saw the pictures of the abuse this child endured?

I absolutely agree that CPS is so corrupt that honestly, I do not see how any judge would allow the casefile to be used as evidence of anything but incompetency. As we have gone through the file, we have found so many statements that are directly opposing another written statement, that the entire file should be not be allowed in the court.

This is one of those cases where a child was in danger, two children were in danger and one almost died.

Fortunately, after fighting for a year, his father was ALLOWED to take his son home, and it was the RIGHT thing to do. Why this child had to stay in foster care for an extra year, is absolutely ludicrous!

Why his half -sister was adopted by a foster family who, lied and were caught lying on the witness stand SIX times (presented with court certified documents), had already adopted 4 or 5 children under the age of 5 (receiving subsidy for each one), had never expressed a desire to adopt her, quite the opposite, they encouraged us and assisted us in finding our way through the maize known as Child Destructive Services.

I feel part of the reason for denial was that we were adamantly opposed to receiving subsidy. We did not need it, we had excellent insurance, and she was NOT a Special Needs Child; she did not fit one single criteria! Yet she was adopted as a Special Needs.

HHS sent out a press release for the 1999 bonuses (the first time bonuses were attached to adoptions, special needs receive a 6,000.00 bonus, and without Special Needs, receive 4,000.00 for the Agency!

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:27 pm

I want no part of this forum
Last edited by Guest on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

MissingKayla

CPS "protects" the privacy

Postby MissingKayla » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:37 am

CPS protects the privacy of whomever THEY decide to protect....when a childs life is in danger and there is an apparent and obvious reason to be concerned for a child WITH proof-they don't need to be concerned about anyone's rights but the CHILD's. I'm not speaking directly about one particular case on this, but it sickens me when they are sooo concerned about "privacy" issues when a child is being hurt by a caregiver and is willing to do whatever they can in their powers to protect that 'grown up' but as far as the rights of the poor child who cannot protect themselves....well too damn bad for them! If the adult/caregiver can bluff them well enough and make nice with the workers, be involved in the community, a good church going citizen then WHO CARES if the child shows clear signs they are being abused? WHO CARES if they tell police, social workers, psychologists, ect... they are being hurt? WHO? If they can't even be taken serious then what chance do they have to be saved from a person who may very well be beating the hell out of them?
Guess they have to end up DEAD before anyone takes them serious huh? It happens....it happened....it will happen again, and again until someone stands up and speaks out. :cry:

***I am not directing this at anyone in particular-it's strictly my take on abused children****
"Hold your childs hand every chance you get"

Dan Sullivan

Re: Sue or Disagree with CPS and children will be denied a h

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:20 pm

hope wrote:On Friday evening, around 4:30 p.m., prior to our hearing at 8:30 a.m. on Monday morning, the foster parents filed an Emergency Intervention to prevent us from adopting. [strange how there were no time requirements for them!] (The foster parents had NEVER expressed a desire to adopt Bek... The foster parent is also my half sister!) My knees literally turned to jello as I stood at the payphone speaking to our attorney. I just could not believe that MY SISTER, 13 years older than I, would do such a wicked, hurtful thing.

After a period of time a foster family attains "intervenor status," that is they have as much right to a child as either parent.

I believe that's what was used against your adopting the child.

Why CPS cared who got the child for adoption, I don't know.

Is it not possible that your half sister decided to keep the child for herself?

Dan

MNNaNa

Postby MNNaNa » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:40 am

In the early stages of our quest to attain custody of our grands I also threatened a law suit and guess where it landed me????

Without my grands and them being placed for adoption with complete strangers and CPS and the GAL making wild accusations against us dragging us thru the mud in a community where I have been VERY respected for 17 years.

I would've been better off Kissing their ashes. But sorry I do not step to that level and YES I thought too getting a lawyer and that the TRUTH would prevail. WRONG answer.

Makes a person want to scream!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Broken hearted Grandma needs help

Return to “Sue Them!”