Feel like giving up...HELP: (

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

SugarCookie1

Feel like giving up...HELP: (

Postby SugarCookie1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:06 pm

The reason of the petition was because my daughter was a preemie and they said mentally I had to prove I could take care of her..jan 7th was first court date got cont to feb 4th which was rescheduled till march due to weather...well i saw my daughter today and the child psychologist aka infant child assessment center where they videotape and voice record you..anyway about 5 years ago these monsters were on my azz because my daughter bruises like me and accused same bf of abusing her..well case was unfounded and mom got guardianship..well all of a sudden this witch tells me my bf is the one who abused my daughter so she isnt recommending i get this one in the same household and is making a list of demands...well first of all i see a psychiatrist, therapist, and did my own psychological..i have done EVERYTHING on my case plan needed. I have done it all...Its like they are letting me know now they PLAN to adopt my little girl out..I am so depressed and just feel like giving up..this is just more shyt they are going to use against me...i didnt do a thing..i just had a preemie...I have a wonderful attorney who has been fighting for this baby since day 1 and hes done a great job...but me emotionally its killing me inside please HELP: (

Daruma

Re: Feel like giving up...HELP: (

Postby Daruma » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:23 pm

You're doing the right thing, so please don't lose heart. Of course you could give up now, but it would come back to haunt you later on. It is a battle. They're counting on you to get discouraged and give up. It's so hard to keep fighting when you don't even know if it will do any good, but if you give up, you know what the outcome will be: your baby will be adopted by strangers. You know you would regret it if you gave in before it's really over.

It's normal and natural to get discouraged when a powerful agency is trying to crush you down. That doesn't mean you have to give in. One good thing is that you have an attorney who's on your side, which is more than a lot of wrongly accused parents have. So that's something to be thankful for. Also, try to take good care of yourself. Make sure you're eating right, getting enough sleep, and so on. If you're physically able, try to get a little exercise every day, even if it's just a walk around the block. And try to spend some time each day doing something that makes you feel happy or relaxed or hopeful, even something as simple as a bubble bath or listening to music. You may feel like nothing can make you happy right now, but part of staying in this fight is taking the time to recharge yourself.

Sending you cyber-hugs, (((SugarCookie1))).
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

SugarCookie1

Postby SugarCookie1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Daruma ty...
it just really upsets me some young couple is going to be taking care of her and can be in the courtroom at the adjudication and they can say how well my baby is doing with them and how they will give her a forever home. It just makes me more upset over and over everytime i think about it...my relationship is horrible*we dont let them know that* i have nowhere else to go, and everytime i see a baby i just cry...they want this and this and when i do all of it they want more and more...how the hell did i abuse or neglect a baby i never had in my physically custody? I dont drink do drugs smoke etc..its just not right
tiffany

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:09 pm

I know. My son and his wife never abused her newborn, either, but they had to leave the baby at the hospital. It wasn't because they did anything wrong. The worst thing the CPS worker could find to say about my son's behavior in the hospital was that one of the nurses had seen my son taking a nap. (Which of course was twisted to show that he was apathetic and uninvolved in childcare. In other words, proof that he was a bad dad!) Yet now he's officially a "child abuser"? So I understand how unfair and how painful this is to you. Two important differences, though: your lawyer is willing to fight, and so are you. My DIL's attorney basically pressured her into going along with the service plan. Now, due to emotional and financial pressures caused directly by CPS harassment, my DIL & son have just about given up hope. Please don't fall into the same trap. I think you would regret it some day if you didn't fight this with everything you're capable of. But please be very, very good to yourself. You're under a tremendous strain right now. Don't feel guilty if you need to take a couple of hours off to go to a movie, have coffee with a friend, or just do whatever it takes to keep your spirits up.

Edited to add information.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

SugarCookie1

Postby SugarCookie1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:57 pm

he took a nap woot woot...having a baby makes everyone tired...its ridiculous....if you had DUI 20 years earlier they label you as an alcoholic..i remember getting the letter stating the accusations of abuse and neglect were founded..i was like WTF? What abuse and neglect...its ridiculous..their service plan is stupid...psychological*did that on own* therapy *did that on own*, learn to take care of her monitor*did that on own*, ive done everything asked by them on my own without them doing jack shyt..im basically on my own over this/..my bf is so tired of those people...they are coming to our house next week to check all out..i want the adjudication here..i know they can't prove the petition but its always something rescheduling it ughhhhhhhhhhh

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:22 pm

How was your home visit? If they are saying your BF is a problem and you don't get along with him anyhow, maybe it is time to leave. Even if you don't have a place lined up, take one step and God usually opens up new and better opportunities. I've never been let down when I asked for divine guidance and help on moving.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

SugarCookie1

Postby SugarCookie1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:10 pm

linda,
the social worker cancelled it due to her supervisor having to go to some sort of meeting or something...im glad...we decided against it, then they will have their foot in the door for more excuses to make up before court, our house is clean, we have a lab and a chow both have shots see vet regularly and have 4 cats, but we have baby gates, our house is clean, but they will find something I am sure. I want to move, but where I live there is no "safe" place and plus honestly this time due to paying lawyer and all other things I don't have any money to get my own place. My atty said they will stay I have no stability then and make irratic decisions. Kind of like damned if you do and damned if you don't. We live in a small parish where everyone knows each other, so hopefully that can come in handy with this case...

KDus

Postby KDus » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:01 pm

We have a moral obligation to resist to the very end. At the least, we will soak up resources and time that would have been used to attack other families.
Every minute my social worker is in court or dealing with my email, she isn't hurting another child.

I'm right there with you.
We finally got to "trial" and it has been broken in to an hour here and an hour there over 3 weeks. In the mean time we are fending off stupid accusations as CPS is frantically trying to come up with something. It feels like it won't end. Furthermore, we know that if the judge wants some sort of monitoring, we will be on defense for at least 6 months. $12k so far for an attorney and about $80k lost. Cars repoed....sporatic work, 1 hour a week with my kids.

I tried going to movies, long showers, long drives, music.....
The pain doesn't go away.

perfectly_flawed

Postby perfectly_flawed » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:32 pm

The pain never goes away, not even after the kids are home and life resumes. Taking good care of yourself and doing things to keep your mind and body occupied does help though. Helping my father to build our small business up from the ground was the only thing that kept any level of sanity for me.
Nearly 8 years of torture without my son finally had a happy ending. Together now, we're trying to heal and support others that are going through similar pain.

Return to “CPS Investigations”