My Ped Did Call The Pediatrician URGENT

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

carlysmama

My Ped Did Call The Pediatrician URGENT

Postby carlysmama » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:29 pm

I need help asap. After complying and doing EVERYTHING my ped asked, they called cps today because I cancelled my old dd's appt fri and requested my kids medical records. my baby vomitted with blood in it thurs night and i rushed her to urgent care. they told me it was an irritated esophogus but follow up in the am in with my ped. so i did. my ped refused to see us, citing that she was having a nervous breakdown. funny she was the one who demanded i come in daily for weight checks and held cps over my head if i didnt comply. so dr s said they've called. what do i do/; i'm scared out of my mind.

perfectly_flawed

Re: My Ped Did Call The Pediatrician URGENT

Postby perfectly_flawed » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:36 pm

This is very similar to how the nightmare started for my son and I. My best advice is to take her to another doctor NOW, even if it's the middle of the night. The ER, an urgent care walk in clinic, anywhere that she can be seen. Have them note in her file that they're seeing her because her regular doc is unavailable and she needs a follow up visit.
Nearly 8 years of torture without my son finally had a happy ending. Together now, we're trying to heal and support others that are going through similar pain.

carlysmama

Postby carlysmama » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:44 am

what happened? we are going in at 9:330 am but i am a wreck. i dont know what to do. my children are terrifed they'll be taken away. i didnt do anything wrong. i complied with everything they asked. they lied.

family_man

Postby family_man » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:39 am

Try to get a note from a doctor stating that there is no evidence of neglect or abuse. That will diffuse any such accusations from CPS. That's what I did when my son accidently banged himself up. It really eased my mind.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

carlysmama

Postby carlysmama » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:32 pm

thank you. I tried but he refused to write such a letter unless cps asked him to.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:23 pm

Has CPS followed up on this and contacted you?

They don't follow up on about 80% of the calls they get.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

carlysmama

Postby carlysmama » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:34 pm

really? no as a matter of fact they have not. 80 percent is a HUGE number. wow! I'm shocked. I fiured they'd honestly follow up on every call. Ped told me he called and all he said was that I cancelled my dd's appt and asked for the medical records and they were concerned where my children would get care. Or that's what they maintain. It'll be 2 weekson mon. when can i feel safe that maybe they won't come? This is a NIGHTMARE waiting like this.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:27 pm

If they haven't come to investigate by now, they probably won't.

Are you feeling safer yet?
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “CPS Investigations”