When Can I feel Safe?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

carlysmama

When Can I feel Safe?

Postby carlysmama » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:33 pm

My ped turned me in last mon to cps. I don't know when exactly they called him back but so far no one's come. I was turned in because he feels being a single mother of 5 kids I MUST be overwhelmed and I cancelled dd's appt and requested medical records. the claim was fraudulent. Regardless....I'm waiting terrified for the demons to come. When can I feel safe that they acually may NOT show? Also, what questions will they ask my 5 yr old twins and 7 yr old dd? I'm trying to coach them somewhat what to say or at least to be prepared. Thanks.

kiroma

Re: When Can I feel Safe?

Postby kiroma » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:53 pm

when your kids are all 18 you can feel safe again..but to answer your question, most states have a time limit they can investigate..here they have 30 days, 45 with an extension. I would read up on your rights, not let them in the house or interview your children if they do show up. Stand on the porch and speak with them and let them see the kids but not ask questions. Make sure you know your state laws up and down and sideways..sometimes they never do show up, especialy if there are no other reports on you.

carlysmama

Postby carlysmama » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:56 pm

thank you. i have no other reports. where can i find my state laws? i live in md. and how do i tell them nicely they can see my children but not ask questions without looking like a total b or guilty?

kiroma

Postby kiroma » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:30 pm

well, my case is supposedly closed (she told me it would be, but i havent gotten any papers from them)..but what I did was they called me and said they wanted a home visit..I live in a suburb so the lady had no intention of driving an hour to get to my house and me not be there..i flatly refused them a visit..I answered her questions which were like yours because I missed a dr appointment (oh god forbid we dont bow down and kiss the dr's feet) I told her I wanted to speak with a lawyer before I did anything, she said OK asked me a couple questions about the Dr appointment and that was it..called me again 3 weeks later and asked again for a home visit, and the same questions she asked the first time..again I said no. She told me that since I was refusing a home visit, they were going to have to contact the county prosecutor and see if they could "force me into services" I said Ok thats fine..and she said they would probably just close it..I got a letter in the mail from her that I was refusing a home visit to sign and send back, I did not sign it..and I have not heard from her since. the only reports on me were from that dr, 1 because its against my religion to vax which they cannot violate the law since its legal in my state, and 1 for missing the appointment..nothing else ever..not from school, church or vengeful ppl..in my case I would rather have them take me to court to prove that I broke the law by missing a dr appointment then allow them to come in and try to build a case against me and ask me personal questions or my kids questions. IMO if I haven't broken any law, then its not of their effing biz what happens in my life..

You can google your state laws or look in the folder here for maryland, someone may have linked it

carlysmama

Postby carlysmama » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:10 pm

can you please tell me exactly what I google? Sorry I'm clueless here:) Thanks.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:45 am

You will never feel safe. Bad thing about MD is its close to DC and all the bad rep CPS has there for protecting kids. The 'freezer' case started in DC, but ended in Maryland so MD is and has been under the spotlight for that one for awhile. ..They have something to prove.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:02 pm

I agree, we'll never feel safe because once the children are of age, there are often grandchildren to worry about.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:50 am

A good place to start searching for your state's laws:

http://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/ ... SearchForm
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

Return to “CPS Investigations”