Please read everyone...

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Debi Wolford

ACS Harassment

Postby Debi Wolford » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:14 am

I have been a victim of harassment of ACS for almost 2 years now. The allegations are that my son smells and I neglect him, total horse crap. I can say anyone smells but it does not mean they do. ACS has had me in and out of court for over a year now. They have caused me to take an unacceptable amount of days off from work. I work for a brokerage house in NJ. The case worker threatened to report to Judge Cohen that I am not cooperating with them if I am not home when she comes. I work all day!!! I leave at 6:30 in the morning and return at 7 in the evening. There is always someone with my 12 year old son. He is far from neglected as they claim. The case worker also (Christine Cornwall) also threatened to kick my son’s little dog if he gets in her way. She did also state that she can see that my son is well taken care of and not neglected. This crap is a violation of my rights, invasion of privacy in my home, (amendment 4 of the constitution) (technically I don't have to let them in) interference with my livelihood; it’s also extortion and blackmail. They also said that my apartment is too small, she also said on more than one occasion, if I don’t do what she says she will have my child taken away. ACS needs to produce photos of the odor to prove their case, you can’t you can’t take a photo of an odor. And no he does not have any odor nor does my home smell. I have everything clean and organized. They say it’s cluttered.
I was planning on moving in July to NJ, I put a security deposit on a new apartment. And they tell me I can’t move. I already gave landlord the notice that I would be vacating the premises. So now I have to pay rent on 2 apartments (they are complaining about the lack of space in the one apartment, but the morons won’t let me move to the bigger one) that’s how stupid and anis they are. And needless to mention the thousands of dollars I have paid in the last year for an attorney. I am a single parent and live paycheck to paycheck. ACS and Judge Cohen have cost me every single penny I had put away for the rainy day. I don’t have thousands of dollars just lying around to shell out. No one is going to give that money back to me. And if the swine has my child taken away, it will be thousands more in attorney costs to get him back. (No I am not lucky enough to qualify for Legal Aid) I have to pay for a private attorney. And further more I think Judge Rhonda Cohen is a first class jerk. Let her pay the attorney fees and the double rent I now have. It’s my tax paying dollars that pay her salary. That’s another reason I want to move out of New York!!! I think the ACS workers and judges conspire together (amongst other things) to make things work in their favor. I know my rights. They think people are stupid. I plan on filing a lawsuit against Judge Cohen and Christine Cornwall personally, as well as the ACS. If they would have paid more attention to Nixmarry Browns family, instead of worrying about how small my apartment is, maybe that little girl would still be alive. They are not going to use myself or my family to make points to make them look good. The days that my firm gives to its employees are not to accommodate ACS. And they have cost me all my days for 2006. (Now if God forbid I have a personal emergency in my family I have no more days unless I take them without pay) B.S.!!! I'm sorry. These ingrates have to be stopped from violating innocent people and if no one else wants to put a stop to it I will!!! We go back to court on 9/27/2006. Thus now a day off without pay! Who is going to pay me for the day? Judge Cohen? Ms. Cornwall? ACS? Ms Cornwall is a racist bigot. Another case in point, I had tickets to take my son to a MET game, the case worker said she was coming that night that I had to be there, I told the bimbo that we were going to the MET game, I already had the tickets, she said too bad, she said she would tell the judge that I wasn’t cooperating with them. She caused me to let my child down and the price of the tickets. What kind of stuff is that? The list can go on and on as to what she has said and done to my family in the last year. They also don’t report in court the good things, like the fact I take my little boy to ballgames, museums, the intrepid, on the circle line, we go to concerts and shows. We go down to the Jersey shore some weekends. We spend the whole day in Central Park almost every Saturday. They don't care what they cost people. They have ruined my credibility in the Financial Industry; the only thing that saved my job was the fact that my company is located in NJ and not NY. Otherwise I would have been fired!!! I am sick of being treated like a common criminal by these creeps. All of our friends constantly tell me how good a job I’m doing raising Walter, he’s polite, helpful to other people and respectful to others he’s only 12 but he has a big heart. He loves everybody. Maybe I should send in the picture of Walter and Mayor Mike that was taken at the Irish Festival last September in Coney Island? I think these stanks pay each other off including the judge.
I know I just wasted my time typing this out, due to the fact that no one will ever read it. or if it is read, will be just discarded. Does anyone ever really care??? Extortion is against the law!!! And that is what these common no class city workers do, they need to get their quota in before the end of the year comes up. They extort people and tear family’s lives apart. It’s too the point I can’t sleep or eat normally and I just can’t function sometimes at work, because I have the fear that I will not see my sweet little boy again.

Frogmama

Careful posting what we say!

Postby Frogmama » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:03 pm

[b]I expect the State agencies to come over here & try to destroy everything we say!
I asked for a home study like the county attourney told me to & parenting classes also.
Sure enough! Just like I expected,the didn't have my paperwork done on Wednesday & I met with the director of the class.He hates CPS also!
The worker I got to talk to,told me they would not do a homestudy,because the kids were removed from me!
See how they defy the law?
It's ok! I filed a lawsuit all by myself in court the same day!
I'm not gonna say how right now or what kind,but I will share my info when i am sure it works![/b]
I wish CPS could cry the tears I cry,for just one day!
It would be enough for them to quit their job & bring my kids back home before Christmas.

tlynnm

I'm new in the CPS files....

Postby tlynnm » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:43 pm

On May 3 2008 A CPS caseworker showed up at my door wanting to speak with me about an allegation they had received about me an my husband smoking "Crack Cocaine" and neglecting our daughter by letting her run around outside by herself. I had never dealt with CPS in my life I was scared and so I let them in. They came in and sat on the couch and started asking me all kinds of questions, they asked me if we would be willing to take a drug test in order to prove if we were using drugs or not, we refused and they asked us why and my dumb ass admitted to using not Crack Cocaine but Cocaine in the last month. I don't do cocaine on a regular basis but like once every few months, sometimes me and my husband get a wild hair and want to have some fun. But we don't smoke crack and never would, also the allegation about us letting my two and a half year old daughter run around outside by her self is bull My daughter is way to beautiful to be outside by herself someone would snatch her up in a heart beat. I love my daughter so much that I made sure that I was able to keep her at home with me and not in a daycare, I didn't want anything to happen to her in a daycare and for me to feel responsible for it because I had sent her there in the first place. I also breastfed for a year. Heres something that I do that I know that most mothers and fathers don't do for their kids, I brush and floss her teeth three times a day no one that I know that has kids (under the age of 5) that do that for them. But back to my story, so because we refused to take a test because I knew it would have come up dirty they placed her with my mother in law instead of a foster care home or whatever they are called. She drove three hours, (we lived in Fort Worth Texas and she lived in Austin Texas) to come and get her. We then had signed the paper stating that we would do anything that CPS had asked us to do which was take a class called ROADS get an acessement for KATZ for drug assesement or something like that. And we had to agree to take random drug test and have random visits from CPS , Well last Friday, my husband and I had moved back to Austin Texas the Monday before that I had called my caseworker to let her know that we were moving back to Austin and that we needed all our information transfered to a office in Austin, she didn't answer or call me back, I called the investigator that I had come to my house and she surprisingly answered I told her what was going on and she said that she would contact my caseworker and let her know what was going on and she said that she would call me back and guess what SHE NEVER DID!!! two days later I called my caseworker again and she NEVER answered or called me back I called the investigator and she didn't answer or call me back, I left them both messages and then I called my caseworkers supervisor and left her a message and she never called me back either! I'm pissed off because no one ever called me back and the fact that because I have missed now two of my ROADS class me and my husband are going to have to start over with that class which is by the way 8 weeks long every Wednesday from 9-12 which is the stupidest time to have a meeting in the middle of the week when most people work during the middle of the during those exact hours. But now it has been almost a whole month and I haven't heard anything from them and they know my mother-in-laws number and her address and have yet to come and visit her or much less call her and guess what shes the one that has been keeping my daughter in her house for the past month, but me and her daddy are here now and get to see her everyday, before all this she had been away from mommy and daddy for two days for the longest she had ever been away from us. Oh and another thing we can't be around her with out his mom my mother in law "supervising" us which is total bullshit because we are damn good parents that have made a mistake or two, but hey were realitively young and everyone makes mistakes CPS can't ever say that they are perfect because no one is perfect and most of those caseworkers don't have kids of their own and don't know what it is like for us and our children to be split up! It hurts me and pisses me off that I cant really do anything about it, even though they leave kids in homes that are beat daily and burned with cigarettes sexually molested yet they had no evidence of us using drugs at the time, but all because i admitted to that. Does anyone know of anything that I can do now to fight CPS besides stay clean? I just want this to be over because My daughter is very loved and would never be harmed in anyway by me or anyone else in her family. Just because I've done drugs in the past does not make me a horrible person. Please if anyone knows of what website and specific information that I can look up please let me know at [email protected] I don't know where to start or who to talk to.

Last edited by tlynnm on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cambreenellie

Postby cambreenellie » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:54 pm

Let me first say that CPS is the last person who's going to care whether or not you floss and brush your child's teeth.

Next, I will say as parents there are better and legal things to do when you and hubby decide you want to have fun. And really I don't see a difference between "crack cocaine" and just "cocaine".

Now you need to get in contact with your caseworker right away no matter how much effort it takes. The reason for taking your daughter out of the home was to protect her from you and hubby (this is CPS thinking not me). I can see you getting in trouble for moving into the exact place your daughter was placed and making your own rules. They will use this against you possibly.

Did you have any type of visitation scheduled? As in supervised visits once a week?

Also you might want to make your own thread and repost your post so that it might have a better chance of getting seen and answered by more qualified members.

tlynnm

Postby tlynnm » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:17 pm

cambreenellie wrote:Let me first say that CPS is the last person who's going to care whether or not you floss and brush your child's teeth.

Next, I will say as parents there are better and legal things to do when you and hubby decide you want to have fun. And really I don't see a difference between "crack cocaine" and just "cocaine".

Now you need to get in contact with your caseworker right away no matter how much effort it takes. The reason for taking your daughter out of the home was to protect her from you and hubby (this is CPS thinking not me). I can see you getting in trouble for moving into the exact place your daughter was placed and making your own rules. They will use this against you possibly.

Did you have any type of visitation scheduled? As in supervised visits once a week?

Also you might want to make your own thread and repost your post so that it might have a better chance of getting seen and answered by more qualified members.

Just to let you know there is a difference between crack cocaine and cocaine crack is smoked and cocaine is snorted and there are two different types of highs, so for you to say that there isn't a difference is bull because there is they are just made with one of the same ingredients. I don't give a crap what CPS wants from me now because my safety plan is up and I've gotten a mentor since i was last on here and she and her lawyer advised me not to do anything that CPS wants and to never answer my door only if they have a warrant, and to refuse to take any tests or to sign any more paper work because all CPS does is twist peoples words and make shit up so as far as I am concerned I'm not having any communication with them what so ever. Thanks for you concern but its not needed.[/b]

cambreenellie

Postby cambreenellie » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:55 am

Terri, I'm not trying to sit here and argue the differences between "crack cocaine" and just "cocaine". In CPS's eyes a drug is a drug. You will soon learn that they don't care about specifics.

I'm also just stating that when you and hubby want to have fun that you are of age to know right from wrong and what is legal and what is not.

You have to picture going in front of the judge and CPS says mom admitted to doing "crack cocaine" and your response would be I didn't do "crack cocaine" I just did "cocaine".

I'm in the same boat as you, but you have to realize these people don't play nice and will twist every word you say and make up stuff.

bonniejean

Re: Please read everyone...

Postby bonniejean » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:24 pm

you didnt waste your time writing it out, alot of the caseworkers are getting out of hand. go to the libary or on line and research social service law. each state has it. you are entitled to due process under law and trust me i know what you mean when your getting harassed by cps nad they are dragging you in and out of court stand tall use your voice god gave you, fight back trust me took me losing 30 days almost with my newborn son, but you have rights and research your parental rights, and your constitinal rights espically due process under the consitianal rights, requests a new case worker on the grounds of harasement or violating your rights. fight back. Dont let anyone step on you even if they do work for the government that does not give them the authority to push you around trust me i went through 40 days of being called a herion addict, and the caseworker worked over time to build a case out of nothing grasping at straws from making accustions of child molestion with no proof, at all to being herion addict, to them using my son as leverage against me they stopped me from seeing my son so dont let them do to you what they did to me, because the case worker ripped my life apart for over 40 days just because someone says something doesnt make it true only you know whats true and dont let someone manilupate you or bully you or intimidate you you have to work you have a family to support i lost 30 days of work due to cps and time with my son, dont let them push you around look up the laws and fight back with the law they cannot argue that.

mundon3

Re: Please read everyone...

Postby mundon3 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:36 pm

hi my name is amanda and my brother ans sister got taken away from cps last wednesday under false alligations. the social worker hasnt returded one phone call from me or tried to help. the investigator is writing a petition letter to the judge stating that she thinks the kids should remain in cps until my mom completes parenting classes. i disagree i believe that the kids should b returned home as soon as possible. i am trying to get a lawyer to help my mom but we dont know where to start. if anybody knows what to do please help me...

Return to “CPS Investigations”