Child taken because Dad scared the social worker

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

rushjam01

Child taken because Dad scared the social worker

Postby rushjam01 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:37 pm

I live in riverside and have had my child taken from me without the proper channels being followed. My husband is very big and intimidating and I believe that is the reason my child was taken. They have tried to cover their asses but not done too well. No pre placement was ever thought about. The man from cps pretty much decided that my child was not safe and took her to a group home. She has never been away from family overnight. She has been traumatized, abandoned and cannot get hold of her lawyer. We didhave the social worker thrown off the case and a new one assigned. She stated my son could not visit as he is deaf and we were not allowed to sign asl. When I threatened them with a lawsuit over his civil rights, they gave us an extra visiting day. We are not getting our phone calls as the foster mom does not like to listen and is bored with it so my kid can not call. They did not bring her to court on our court date as the only proof they have is the Childs word. My child has gotten in trouble for talking to us about the case but they have twisted all her words and made stuff up. We are in a cps nightmare. Our social worker went on vacation till end of month and told us, just do what u r supposed to and your kid will come home in November. These things happen to good families. We have drug tested and my husband came up negative. My test results have not been seen by us as of yet. I told them I would be positive for marijuana but I have a medical marijuana card. Both my husband and I do. Our social worker tried to have drug classes assigned to us but in her report it says she cannot as we have legal cards. My husband is not even smoking currently. We really do use it for medicinal purposes. There are a few of us out there, really. Anyways, they have only the word of the child as proof and our court date was rescheduled till July 14 since they did not bring her to court. So she sits in foster care in the meantime. CPS never entered my house. We were remodeling at the time and our house was a mess inside. I had furniture down the hall and u could not walk through our house as we were beginning to paint. The second social worker ran through in ten minutes and said wow, it looks great. my child is healthy with no bruises. there are no hospital records of broken bones. all their evidence is my childs word and my child said that she was mad i took away her cell phone and ipod touch but thought she would go home in a day or two. thats what they told her. My daughters attitude is a rollercoaster as we are not able to talk with her. im starting to believe they are beginning to brainwash her. She is so confussed now. She wants to come home but if she cries, they will put her in a group home so she has to like where she is at. my child has no bruises, no medical records, and no school records as to any abuse. She had no preventative anything before they took her and they say they did in our court records. it’s crazy. this is my 3rd child. my two oldest are 22 and 19. My 22 year old just graduated from oral Roberts university in Oklahoma this month. My son who is 19 just won a lawsuit which I sued for on his behalf as he is deaf and I successfully sued our school district as they violated his fape and education laws. I won 10,000 dollars I had put in a trust fund for educational purposes only and now they say I am not a fit mother because I abuse my child???? this is bs

LindaJM

Re: Child taken because Dad scared the social worker

Postby LindaJM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:11 pm

How old is your daughter in foster care?

Generally they say that medical marijuana patients aren't capable of parenting because they're stoned and therefore tend to be neglectful. The fact that it is legal doesn't matter to them. So if medical marijuana isn't a big factor in your case, I'd like to hear it. Seriously, I'd like to know about cases where the social workers are NOT making a big deal of medical marijuana use!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

DanZ

Postby DanZ » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:43 pm

I think that the CPS are at fault, not your husband; him "frightening them" should have no bearing on the case unless they are complete imbeciles, and if they are complete imbeciles, it's their problem not his fault. So you two have to stick together, okay? This is a critical battle, and you need to support one another 100%, and leave no stone unturned to get your daughter back. So get the best lawyer you can. Get the best expert witnesses you can. Call journalists. Call political representatives. Fight for your daughter like it's the most important thing in your life, because it is.

rushjam01

Postby rushjam01 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:00 pm

to linda and Dan;
the Marijuana was not a factor at all when they took my kids. our social worker tried to make it a big deal but we do not use in front of kids and have explained to my kids about it. My husband drug test came back negative as he only grows as a hobby but does not use. Our social worker tried to get charges and have us go through drug classes but in our report it states: t/c made to supervisor to inquire about drug classes being added and was told that I could not as parents have their medical marijuana cards that are valid from licensed physicians; I do not use in the day but only at night when my child goes to sleep. I cannot take somas which is what I am prescribed. I am a mess on those. We go back to court in two weeks at which time, our social worker said she is not sure what will happen so our child is not home then, november she will be home they tell me as we have started counseling and parenting classes. Any free education is happily accepted I feel and can only better me but not at the expense of my mental and physical health or my husbands. they want us to run all over town doing multiple classes and overwhelm ourselves. I told her I would like to focus on what I feel we need and will not be doing anger management or drug classes as we do not have any problems there. she said that would be fine with her but will put in report. she said well focus on the ones you are doing and she agreed it is not worth risking our health. My husband was just diagnosed with diabetes but how are we supposed to even eat right if we are running from class to class all week. Its crazy what they expect u to do. Our luck is they have no proof of anything other than our childs word. she is 12 and is scared to death of social workers and is traumatized by their lies and games. she cant wait to tell her lawyer or the judge but we will see when we go to court. they have yet to produce our daughter, who is 12, with a copy of all reports. we will keep on them to get her a copy.
we live in riverside, ca. thanks for your help

rushjam01

Postby rushjam01 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:03 pm

correction: i stated kids. all my other kids are over 18 so only one child involved.

Return to “CPS Investigations”