Court Appointed Attorneys

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

HappeeBee

Court Appointed Attorneys

Postby HappeeBee » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:10 am

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever had a court appointed attorney who kicked ass for them? I am happy to say that mine has been there every step of the way calling and emailing me. I sent her an email about my Objections and Delcarations papers and she responded right away! Actually, it was at her suggestion to go to trial and appeal because we were having too many problems with DCF not following through on there stuff and she told me from the get go when we had our case plan meeting that if the stuff was a lot of bullshit we would appeal. So she told me she's working on getting DCF to swing our way so that we can get the kids home.

So I have an awesome lawyer!

What about anyone else?

noroses4u2c

Re: Court Appointed Attorneys

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:09 pm

Yours is the only one I've heard of like that. Mine lied to me and tricked me into stipulating. After stipulating, they added stuff to the case and I wasn't allowed to object to it.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:53 am

Consider yourself lucky. Mine didn't do shit. He acted like it was no big deal and he would just meet me ten minutes before court to get details. He wouldn't return my calls, never wanted medical records or CPS files. I fired him the second week.

HappeeBee

Postby HappeeBee » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:33 am

Wow. Hate to hear that. I just emailed my lawyer today. She always calls me back the next day or at least two days later. Plus we shcedule phone meetings every month to discuss the case. She's been really positve about my husband and I getting the kids back. I just wish everybody else had more lawyers like her!

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:52 pm

ya me too. Where are you? I am in Southern California. You have an awesome lawyer! That is so unreal! I'd like to give her an award or something, really...
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

KDus

Postby KDus » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:54 pm

It is a good ol boys club. It is clear they make deals behind the scenes and then pretend they're helping. Simple question: Would they have a job if they got cases closed?

HappeeBee

Postby HappeeBee » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:18 am

monkette31 wrote:ya me too. Where are you? I am in Southern California. You have an awesome lawyer! That is so unreal! I'd like to give her an award or something, really...

I live in Palm Coast-FLORIDA...lol one of the worst states i believe when it comes to DCF and child abuse....my husband and I are moving straight back to Georiga as soon as we get the kids back. we've opnly been here five months! got kicked out of our place in a month and lost our kids in another.. crazy crazy!!

sethcroy

Postby sethcroy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm from so cal also and my attourney is a lame brain and he is not doing shit for me. he has made me sign my trial rights away so it could aliminate a problem for the social workers. he also lissened to my daughters pediatrition and he knowes the truth but its like he is working for the social workers and not me so im about to fire him for doing a shitty job for me.

mdebski32

Postby mdebski32 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:59 pm

To me....An attorney isnt great just because they return your calls... although that is a start. Id only say they were great AFTER they helped you get those kids back into your care. I represented myself last time and got the charges dropped. THis time... we are not dealing with a teenager and are dealing with a baby and still am representing myself. SO far the judge does not like that but... we will see. My sons lawyer though is against DCF from the get go and the judge actually likes him!!! Its definitely a good ol boys club though our judge is female... she wants to fit in too. She wants her buddies to get paid too.. the attorneys.. and she while not coming out and saying it was a court order still demand that we cooperate with dcf and let them in our home so it would look good to her. I think that is B.S. but my husband is afraid to go against what he heard her say. HE is willing to let me leave the state with the kids for a year so we can dump their stalking social worker services. I am ready and willing to leave too.

HappeeBee

Postby HappeeBee » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:12 am

mdebski32 wrote:To me....An attorney isnt great just because they return your calls... although that is a start. Id only say they were great AFTER they helped you get those kids back into your care. I represented myself last time and got the charges dropped. THis time... we are not dealing with a teenager and are dealing with a baby and still am representing myself. SO far the judge does not like that but... we will see. My sons lawyer though is against DCF from the get go and the judge actually likes him!!! Its definitely a good ol boys club though our judge is female... she wants to fit in too. She wants her buddies to get paid too.. the attorneys.. and she while not coming out and saying it was a court order still demand that we cooperate with dcf and let them in our home so it would look good to her. I think that is B.S. but my husband is afraid to go against what he heard her say. HE is willing to let me leave the state with the kids for a year so we can dump their stalking social worker services. I am ready and willing to leave too.

The female judge here for Family Court typically rules in DCF favor so no one likes her at all. I told them we had another judge-male-and he seemed pretty fair and everyone that has had him says he's really good.

My lawyer had a conference with the DCF attorney and they want to settle with us due to lack of discovery on their part (guess they dont wanna look too stupid in front of the judge). I gave my Objections & Declaration to my lawyer to read and we filed them so that was our defense (among other things). We have this in the bag and DCF seems worried now. But we still have to go to trial (it was last month but due to hurricane irene they canceled) this month because they judge wants to see us still so I'm hoping everything goes great.

Thing is though, my lawyer has worked hard, answered my calls and my emails timely. Consistantly set up conferenes so she and I could discuss the case and she could get updated on everything that was going on. So I am proud and bless to have a court appointed that has worked well for me.

I like to hear that you went Pro Se and won before. That gives me encouragment :) My husband and I are leaving as soon as we can from this state!

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:39 am

HappeeBee wrote:
monkette31 wrote:ya me too. Where are you? I am in Southern California. You have an awesome lawyer! That is so unreal! I'd like to give her an award or something, really...

I live in Palm Coast-FLORIDA...lol one of the worst states i believe when it comes to DCF and child abuse....my husband and I are moving straight back to Georiga as soon as we get the kids back. we've opnly been here five months! got kicked out of our place in a month and lost our kids in another.. crazy crazy!!

Lord I hope wherever you move to in Ga is better than where I live in Ga.We have been harassed for the past 2 years by the DFCS in this county,lord forbid you tell them they ain't coming in your home without a warrant. They must have had some incompetent moron do their paperwork this time claiming me and my wife are at odds and that's why the kids need a guardian type deal...oh and they also claim I don't live here when they know damn well I talked to 3 DFCS workers and 2 cops here in this very home on 2 occasions....we go Monday for court lets just hope my wife and father who were subpoened can get this garbage dropped because I will be doing a lot of research on where to move to be left the hell alone.Seems like now a days you can't raise your child without nosy people getting into the middle of it and calling DFCS...

Return to “CPS Investigations”