What's up?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

WhiteHaven

What's up?

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:14 pm

ok just what I know so far

We moved from Ga to SD back in February and moved back to Ga in July..like 2 weeks ago I got a letter from some dfcs worker in SD saying he had gotten a report and he needed to talk to me and my wife well since we didn't live in SD anymore I ignored it. Well today actually like 30 minutes ago the jerk dfcs worker that harassed us last time shows up with some nosy woman and says the dfcs people in SD contacted them once they found out where we were living (not like we were hiding or anything no one ever attempted to call my cell phone)and said they had a report from SD that my kids were running around outside naked and in the road etc...blatant lies and I know who called dfcs out there..it was our old land lord who was pissed off because I put a stop payment on our last rent check because he was asking us to move out,which was fine since my wife had transferred her job back to Ga. He told us if we weren't out by that night he was calling the cops so we packed in a hurry and left a lot of furniture etc there...he must be mad that we left all our stuff there and he had to move it out and is being vindictive...they just came back with some nice cops and we allowed the cops to see the kids and the house which is really clean lol...just curious what I should do in this case..I know from past experience with these people not to sign papers and not to allow them in my home without a warrant...As this is my fathers home he allowed the police in and they inspected it and I assume its all fine now.....this time around we have money coming and I will get an attorney if they want to go round 2 with me. The dfcs jerk said to my daughter I heard you are in school now...how in the world does he know? She has only been in school for a week!....should have never returned to this freaking county...

family_man

Re: What's up?

Postby family_man » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Hopefully nothing more will come of this, but I'm glad you're lining up an attorney in case you need one. I would have the attorney present if the CPS worker wants to interview everyone in his office.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:51 pm

I your daughter is enrolled in a public school, the CPS monster will go to to the public school to harass/interview her. Warn her in advance and tell her that she should not say one word to the CPS monster. Tell her that you should be called immediately when CPS shows up at school.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:36 pm

*sigh* these morons just don't give up. To answer the question yes she is in Public School.She refuses to talk to him anyways she knows who he is and doesn't like him.

After their first visit to my parents home in which he refused to let them in. I got another visit 2 weeks later by a nice DFCS woman claiming she had reports that my son who is 2.5 had gotten out of the house and disappeared...supposedly our neighbor is a snitch...anyways it is impossible for him or for that matter either child to get outside without a parent because we have the door handle things you have to squeeze to open and neither of them can do so we have made sure of that. I told her no he had never escaped and I offered to let her see the kids she did so and she said maybe this will make them happy. Well didn't hear anything until today when the Sheriff stopped by and gave some papers to my wife and boy what a crock of bs. They are still claiming they have allegations that our home in SD was dirty when we left and the kids were in the road naked...neither of which was true the only time the home might have been dirty was when we moved out and left a lot of junk behind because we were harassed by the landlord over a rent check. This is the entire reason he called DFCS there on us and I knew nothing about it until 2 weeks after we got back to Ga. Well in the papers that were delivered here are just a few things that are wrong

1. States that they have no idea where the father is and can not locate him (fact is I talked to 3 different DFCS goons and 2 cops and 1 marshall when we had a problem with my dog all of which knew I lived here).
2.They have my kids address as the DFCS office on 1 piece of paper and on another piece of paper it says their address is here with my wife.
3.They whine a lot that we refused to let them in the house and even says in their own words that me the father refused to let them in the home yet they claim they don't know where I am or my address. Fact is this ISN'T my home and its not my home to let them in to it is my Parents home and my father said he wasn't letting them in he allowed the cops to come in who said house looked fine etcetc..

According to the paper given to my wife it is a motion for appointment of a lay or attorney guardian ad litem pursuant to O.C.G.A 15-11-9 and 42 U.S.C.A hereby grants such motion for appointing a lay or attorney guardian ad litem for the above named children

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 am

The appointment of a lay attorney and guadian ad-litem (GAL) are serious steps. It sounds like they're getting ready to take your children into their custody. You need an attorney now. Refer all future inquires regarding this matter to him/her. Meanwhile, continue doing what you're doing. Keep the house as neat as possible.

The sheriff is there to investigate crimes. What crimes are you being accused of? Reckless child endangerment for having a "messy" house as your hurridly moving out? Allowing a child to get out naked? These alleged offenses occurred in SD, so they're out of the sheriff's jurisdiction. Only the sheriff in SD is entitled to pursue charges, if he thinks there's enough evidence to get a conviction. The SD sherriff would have to get a court order to have you extradited to face these charges in SD. The chance of this happening is nil.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:23 am

Well they also subpoeaned my father,last time he was the one that talked to the judge etc about all this crap because we had left the state...The paper he got didn't say what he was wanted for but they did ask him last time they harassed us if he would take custody of the kids if he needed to and he said yes...I will say this they try to kidnap my kids they will have to kill me...I don't care I am sick and tired of this crap and the harassment. There were no charges in SD we haven't even heard from them anymore its Ga insisting on harassing us now and they are crying over us not allowing them in my fathers home when he told them no. The summons beside it says deprivation...I can't see where my kids are deprived at they are well fed,got new clothes,got a nice home over their head etc.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:38 am

I just looked up the GAL thing and it says its for the kids if the parents are at odds or the parents are at odds with the kids interest...neither is the case here....in the papers these morons filed me and my wife are supposedly in conflict? We aren't we live together we are married etc so there is no conflict anywhere....

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:56 am

The GAL will argue that the kids are better off in state custody. You obviously disagree, so there's a conflict. Get that attorney ASAP.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:35 am

Who would be the GAL? like I said they also subpeoned by father and it didn't say why but last year when we were dealing with these scum bags they asked him if he would take custody of the kids if need be. He said yes I am assuming this is why they are making him come to court....I can't afford a lawyer...I am on SSI my wife works but we don't have enough to get a lawyer and I can't find anything worth a crap in this state. In Ga btw.If anyone can help there it would be appreciated seems like everyone I call wants a ton of money or gives me the run around.

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:21 am

The GAL would be an employee of the state, appointed by the court, who is supposed to advocate for the "best interests" of the children. Apparently, your state CPS and DA believe for some reason that you are not acting in their best interest any more, so someone else has to step in. Judges look to GALs for supposedly independent opinions about the case. However, it is my experience with GALs that they do a minimum amount of slipshod work, and almost always rubber-stamp the recommendations of the CPS worker assigned to the case. They care mostly about collecting their salary from the state.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:54 am

Ah. Then I have no idea why they subpoened my father then. I mean he is the one that told DFCS that they couldn't come in his house so not sure what else they could want him for.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 pm

*sigh* the stupidity continues...my wife called the SD DFCS and the lady told her to disregard the letter that was sent to us about the supposed dirty house and kids being outside unsupervised she is supposed to be sending a letter to us stating that fact that is a big crutch for DFCS here right now they are trying to use that as the main reason for this court crap on Monday so my wife and father are going to ask for a lawyer on Monday hopefully that will delay the court hearing until we can get the paper and let our lawyer look at it. Hopefully we get someone who is actually helpful instead of a patsy for the court system.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:53 am

So wife and father went to court since I wasn't subpoened I took kids to a location where they knew to find me in case the thugs tried to kidnap my kids...bout an hour and half later they come by and say that the woman I assume it was the judges assistant or something asked where I was well they inform her I wasn't subpoened according to the morons in DFCS who under oath claimed they didn't know where I was or my address despite me talking to 3 DFCS workers,3-6 cops and 1 county marshall within a month span in the same location. So they went inside and judge told my wife she could have a lawyer so she said ok and he was continuing the case until we were able to get a lawyer..she said the head douche bag dfcs thug tried to say something but judge gave him a stfu look and he zipped it. Not sure if a court appointed lawyer can actually do anything for us but hopefully she will fight for us and not just be DFCS bitch. We have taken pictures of the door knob things that make it impossible for the kids to get out and my wife even took 1 with her to court today but as they didn't see the judge she didn't get to let the judge see it...So whatever...I will talk to lawyer see if I can gauge if she or he will actually help fight this bull crap if not I fire her. I will tie this up in court for months if need be. Then after we came home the head douche bag thug from DFCS stopped by just to give me the papers for the lawyer he actually said to drop them off at his office he would fax them! LOL does he really think I am as big an idiot as he is? My wife also took pictures of the door knob things as they are on the door to show proof that there is no possible that the kids can get out...hopefully the letter from DSS in SD comes soon so I can also show the lawyer that....

family_man

Postby family_man » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:30 pm

This is all good news, so far:

1) They haven't taken your kids, yet.
2) You have a dismissal letter from SD.
3) You have an attorney who can represent you in court.

How much time before your next court appearance?

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:54 pm

No idea when next court appearance is because they have to subponea me and I have to fill this paper out asap. I am fixing to call the SD DSS to find out when and if the paper has been sent out. Does anyone know of any legal services you pay for monthly and you only use it when you need it?

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:55 pm

Oh.Also I just got done with our declaration of facts and I am working on the one that corrects the many many lies/mistakes the DFCS lady made under oath...would be amusing to see her get brought up on perjury charges because she was one of the ones that I talked to who saw me here and then claimed they didn't know where I was etc.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Just got off phone with some moron in SD she says the case is closed there because we moved but they forwarded their concerns to the DFCS here which is why they harassed us back in August and the reason they are bothering us with this crap now...you would think these people could see the difference between pissed off land lord whining and a real threat to children. I got a question since we have no case here,have not signed anything etc not planning on it either if we move does that mean they close the case here as well? I mean if they insist on harassing us they are going to take this to trial because the only way I am agreeing to anything is if they drop this whole thing and leave us alone.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:53 am

Well. We moved to a new place about 2 weeks ago, Monday the caseworker we had last year showed up just to verify we lived here and she saw our son asked to come in later that day when our daughter was home. She came back by around 3 or so said the place looked great and was going to talk to her supervisor (who hates me) about dropping the case etc..just got a call from wifes attorney says this crap is supposed to go to court October 5th. He says it doesn't sound all that serious so we shall see...he technically can't talk to me about the case since he isn't my lawyer yet I gotta send the paperwork in to get a lawyer...according to the morons at DFCS me and the wife are in conflict...still ain't figured out where they got that from...so dunno if I will get same lawyer...have to wait till wife gets home from work to learn more from lawyer.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:13 am

Went to court this morning I expected my lawyer to actually try and get it dismissed since he talked all big and bad on the phone last night but he was about as much good as a wet noodle in a arm wrestling contest. He said pretty much they had pictures of the house we lived in South Dakota that was dirty..(well duh we left a ton of junk behind we were in a hurry to move out you would be to if you were threatened by your landlord).He said pretty much either we voluntarily agree to allow them to see the house for 6 months or the judge would more than likely order it and he would not be in a good mood if he had to sit through an hour or so of evidence etc. So we agreed to it...went to court room and their incompetent obviously barely finished law school lawyer can't get my kids ages right,can't get their genders right,claims we had more than 1 dog which we don't. Blah Blah Blah...same bullshit as usual. 6 months is April 5th in July we are getting the hell out of Rabun County I have had it with these punks. Oh and here is a little run down on this corrupt ass DFCS we deal with here.
http://protectingourchildrenfrombeingso ... y-ga-dfcs/

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:20 am

http://www.ajc.com/news/boys-death-duri ... 48955.html

This was back before we left for SD and they had closed our case but I know who that bastard Gates is but since I am not allowed to say his first name I won't. He is a major league pos who actually I am surprised is still around with us as many people he has pissed off and as many families kids he has kidnapped. I will see if I can find some updates on this.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:24 am

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:06 pm

I wanted to find out about this. The case worker thug claims he has to talk to our daughter because she is old enough now she isn't 5 yet will be next month what is the law or whatever on this. There is no way in hell he is talking to my kid without me there and even then I am going to tell her not to say anything.Also some damn woman called said she got a referral from DFCS and she is supposed to come by once a week to do some developmental screening of my son. 1. I ain't agree to it so it ain't gonna happen 2. I don't even know who this lady is!

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:07 pm

As far as talking to your daughter in the state of Tennessee all children 6 and up may participate in family team meetings. All interviews with children
must be recorded. They can talk to a child if the child is old enough to understand what is going on, but it must be recorded. Check the laws in your state
about these things.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:38 pm

How do I look that up? I tried looking it up didn't get anywhere.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Also can DFCS talk to my daughter at school? She is 4 in pre k this year. If so is there something I can send to her school to say that they are not allowed to talk to her at school.?

Return to “CPS Investigations”