What's up?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Eljay

Re: What's up?

Postby Eljay » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:39 pm

WhiteHaven wrote:Anyone know where I can look up my lawyers past cases and stuff he has been involved with?

Best place to ask is your local courthouse. Here in Los Angeles, you can pay to search for cases on the web, then you pay for copies of the cases if you want to read them.

You can look up their standing with the state bar as well as see any formal complaints here: http://www.kybar.org/

I also found this, but I don't know if that will help: http://www.kycases.com/
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:10 pm

Kids have been back since May 4th. After spending hundreds of dollars to make sure no one can get out of the house our great lawyer got them back for us and we agreed to a 6 month bs thing with a chance it will end in August after 3 months. They still want kids to go get Pysch evaluations on the 27th of this month but I am trying to get ahold of lawyer to see what he says and if he says they need to be done I will be finding a pysch that isn't contracted through CPS. I have decided to home school my oldest and hopefully get my son in some kind of pre k or daycare during the day so I can teach my oldest. I have come to the conclusion they will NEVER kidnap my kids again and that is a promise. I live 3 miles from the state line and I will make sure we get there if they try.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Glad that they are home. Wow. How awful is it that you have to hide out from an agency that is supposed to protect? :(
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:34 pm

She's in Kentucky? I thought she is in SD, (south dakota?) right now, moved from Georgia. I think i missed something? I would like to know the name of the wonderful lawyer. I am very glad you got your children back, you know, I'd still think about moving if I were you.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:52 am

monkette31 wrote:She's in Kentucky? I thought she is in SD, (south dakota?) right now, moved from Georgia. I think i missed something? I would like to know the name of the wonderful lawyer. I am very glad you got your children back, you know, I'd still think about moving if I were you.

Looking back at prior posts, he/they are in Georgia. Sorry! :)

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:16 pm

After reading horror stories on this website for over a year, I would find backup legal guardians for your unborn child just in case CPS decides that a previous parking ticket (or some other bs) disqualifies your parents from being your unborn child's legal guardians.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:06 pm

ha ha, like.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:53 am

Oh the baby was born in April. They never tried to kidnap her. We are moving asap! The lawyer's name is Alton Johnson. Does anyone know of a pyschologist or someone that does assessments in north east georgia? CPS has an appt for the kids to get one done on the 27th but I would rather get a non cps contracted person to do it.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:01 am

WhiteHaven wrote:Oh the baby was born in April. They never tried to kidnap her. We are moving asap! The lawyer's name is Alton Johnson. Does anyone know of a pyschologist or someone that does assessments in north east georgia? CPS has an appt for the kids to get one done on the 27th but I would rather get a non cps contracted person to do it.

Have you asked your GP?

Did you see the case on here of the mom who put her 20 month old down for a nap, took a shower, and when she got out, her son was gone, having figured out the deadbolt? Crazy!!! viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12169

I was watching a show that was following around lifeguards on the beach in San Diego and they were highlighting two lost children stories. They said they get about 20 lost children PER DAY!!! It happens.... kids have legs. It doesn't mean the children should be whisked away into foster homes where they are FAR more likely to be abused than at home.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:35 pm

No didn't read that. We have a lock that claims its 20 times stronger than a deadbolt and its up where only the adults can reach it. Even if one of the kids can reach it u have to pull it up and then out to release it. Anyone know of physchs in northeast georgia I can take kids to to get this assessment bs done?

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Maybe some father's rights lawyers have or children's right's groups lawyers have referrals. I was told to go get my own 730, psych eval before DCFS requests one.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:24 pm

I found this blog: http://protectingourchildrenfrombeingso ... rs-office/

Yvonne is VERY active in the child reform field, for years, but when I was trying to find info for you googling, her site popped up and within that site is a reference to a lawyer that hates cps..... here.... http://www.bradfordandprimm.com/resources/DFACS.html

I know nothing about this lawyer, but it sounds like he hates CPS which is good...also he is the type that would know the real doctors not cps paid goon doctors....i would think.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:43 pm

WhiteHaven wrote: Anyone know of physchs in northeast georgia I can take kids to to get this assessment bs done?

Ask your general practice doctor, or the kids' pediatrician. Was it court ordered that it be done?

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:28 pm

Not sure if it was court ordered or not because the 2 lawyers came to an agreement before the judge had anything to say about it. In the case plan it says we must keep all medical appts. I don't know why its in there since the kids don't need anything other than normal doctor visits. I will ask the kids doctor next time we are in there I suppose...I tried finding some but they either don't take medicaid or they are booked or they don't do pysch evals. At this point I am out of options other than to take kids to who DFCS had appt made for.My damn lawyer hasn't returned my phone call in a week so he doesn't know that they aren't coming up with the money to put the kids in day care which they wanted to do and is in the case plan...

family_man

Postby family_man » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:56 am

The psych eval may not have ordered by the judge, but he did approve the agreement, which means if you don't do it, CPS may not hold up their side of the bargain and reopen your case.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Lawyer finally returned call said to do the pysch garbage and if its full of bs he will get his people to do one as well. I swear I have seen the cps lady 1 time this entire month...usually they harassed us 4-10 times a month she comes around the 1-5th and makes sure all the locks are still in place and leaves...Anyone ever have the mental midgets try and tell you how to raise your kid? She tried telling us not to put a boppy pillow in her cradle...yeah uh big mouth this is our 3rd kid the other 2 survived just fine without your big mouth running...we just ignore her and let her run her fat mouth as usual...I take some humor out of the fact our new dog scares her to death. :)

WhiteHaven

Postby WhiteHaven » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Got court review on 25th. I REALLY wish the lawyer would answer his phones when we call...its so damn frustrating we can't get ahold of him when we need to...it says its some rule nisi on protective order says its a review blah blah blah...I hate these things I always get paranoid...says to see if parents have done what was asked in case plan...well no not everything the retards wanted to put the kids in daycare but wouldn't pay for it and I didn't have 250$ a month to pay for it and the cps worker refused to try and get more money,she claimed she was trying to we only hear or see from her once a month when she does her 1 monthly visit.We have taken kids to all 3 of the dr visits 2 dentist and 1 pysch garbage. My son got out when we weren't home so we have kept him in the home and prevented his escaping because he was already outside with my father who is damn near 60 and disabled and we believe has early signs of alzheimers when our son ran off. CPS knows about that and claims they weren't going to take him...whatever...and both kids will be in school come August when school starts...so yeah out of the ones I can remember only one we didn't abide by was day care which was their fault not mine..they wanted it done they should have paid for it...not us. Another day of bs....of course our old caseworker came by Tuesday bc the current one is on vacation...must be taking a break from stealing kids...said she would be out next week because they didn't see our oldest daughter she is on vacation with family for the week...heck at least I can ask her about this stupid review when she comes out...as long as the morons have been dealing with us they still can not get it straight that my daughter is a girl as in female not a damn male as its said in ALL their papers since last year.... :roll: stupidity.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:21 pm

My frustration level is the same. Morons can't remember our last name after 18months. Ugh. I feel for ya.

Return to “CPS Investigations”