well. @$%!@!!%#$@!!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

brookeycookie

well. @$%!@!!%#$@!!

Postby brookeycookie » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Just when I think its almost over.......4 cases, all on the same thing, that my little girl was molested. 8 months of pure tormenting he'll. 5 months of my baby being kidnapped, debriefed, and drugged. I get a visit tonight to inform me the are finally closing the cases.

Wait, it gets worse. They are closing all 4 sex abuse cases unfounded on my ex. Clearing him. But closing all 4 substantiated. That she was raped, by an unknown perpetrator. That the only likely perp is my own son. That I failed to protect her. That im covering for my son and tried to blame my ex.

I can't breathe. My God, she said my ex did it 15 times. Speechless. Heartbroken. Shocked. Appalled. Sick. Scared. Why would a 3 yr old little girl tell her brother about what her daddy did, if her brother was the one that did it?

Please pray for my little girl. And my 15 yr old son. And my bank account while you're at it for a separate lawyer for him.

Wtf is all I can say right now. They are very near destroying me completely. Im numb.

noroses4u2c

Re: well. @$%!@!!%#$@!!

Postby noroses4u2c » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:07 pm

I wish I knew what to say. It's all so crazy. I don't know what to say.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

family_man

Postby family_man » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:07 am

It's not the outcome you were hoping for, but it's not as bad as it might first seem.

The good news is that CPS is closing the case. Once this happens, it means they will (for a while) get off your back. It means your children can come home! Rejoice and be happy about that! Also rejoice that there are no criminal charges against your son.

Your son has three more years before he ages out and becomes immune to CPS bumbling. Do you think your family can stay out of CPS scrutiny for 3 more years? If not, I would seriously consider moving to a different state while you can.

You also might consider petitioning family court to modify your ex's visitation privileges, for the sake of your daughter. Present all the evidence you have that he molested her. The court may order that future visits be curtailed and/or supervised.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

family_man

Postby family_man » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:58 pm

One more thing. If you decide to remain in your present state, and your son continues to live with you after he turns 18, you are at risk of CPS forcing him to leave if your family again comes into their scrutiny before your daughter turns 18. This is UNLESS you file an administrative appeal to reverse the findings. I would advise that you get the paperwork for this started as soon as possible, if you intend to stay.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 pm

sounds like this is their sick way to clear your ex and keep your family under their thumb. Why does your son need a lawyer now? Are they charging him with something? Let me go back and read your story. This all sounds pretty fishy to me, on their part.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:17 am

Im not sure if my son needs a lawyer, im prepared to hire one. They have not charged him with anything but here's where I get confused. ... my ex(her dad) was accused of molesting her. I think its true given the evidence. CPS investigated, found nothing. But she had an STD, told a case worker dad did it, the ER doctor said she was raped, and the play therapy psychologist I took her to said she had textbook behaviors for sexual abuse.

Regardless, CPS said they had no evidence and the juvenile office said there was no abuse at all and her behavior was disorder related. At that point I started a civil suit to try to force her dads visits supervised. (Not take them away completely) I also hired the same lawyer to defend me in the CPS case. We have to close the CPS juvenile case before we can move forward on the civil case. And. The outcome of the juvenile cases has a huge impact on how the civil case comes out.

CPS has been investigating me, still are, and all cases open all this time. The first 3 cases are about her dad molesting her. The 4th case is where the ER doctor called and said she was raped. That case is against both parents because CPS says there's no evidence her dad did it, so that means they don't know what home it came from. That's when they took her away.

Now CPS says they are closing all sex abuse cases substantiated, that they feel she was molested, but unfounded on her dad. They said he is cleared and now they have to find the unknown perp. That my son is who they think did it and they are going with that. And that I failed to protect her and maybe covered for my son.

What I don't understand is, if they are closing substantiated with an unknown perp, why are they still investigating? And if they think I covered it up and there is a molester in my home, why have they not tried to take my other kids? And if the perp is unknown, how can they clear her dad?

Remember that 2 case workers, one being the circuit manager, are my ex personal friends. Also the juvenile officer is his cousin. I fought hard to remove the circuit manager from the case and move the case to the next county, but the family judge there is his ex uncle in law so we have to use a traffic judge.

And we still haven't had any court. No adjudication. And the CASA dissapeared. No CASA now. And the newly elected president over our county CASA people is my ex attorney in all this.

So. ....yes im convinced they are going to give my daughter to my ex. Not sure, but scared. Advice??

And I do intend to move when this is over.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:59 am

That should be....ex's, as in all the friendships and family relations are to my ex , I didn't know these people before. :)

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:18 am

Don't be discouraged. The closing of the CPS case is excellent news. As you said, it opens the way for your civil custody suite to move forward. During that trial, make sure that all of these conflicts of interest that you described are exposed. You deserve a fair, impartial review of the evidence. The evidence that your ex molested your girl seems strong to me. With effective representation in a fair trial, you should succeed in getting contacts with your ex restricted for the safety of your girl.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Thank you, family_man, for slowing me down a little to see the positive parts. I definitely have a hatred and distrust with CPS and it leads me to fear the worst instead of anything else. I have seen/felt the twists and lies and omitted evidence they do.

What are your thoughts on the possibility CPS continues to pin any of this on my home? I mean, I am scared that since they cleared her dad but say its substantiated by an unknown perp, they will say its me or my son. Or say I failed to protect her.

The civil suit is where my lawyer says we can do things. That it would have been easy if CPS found him guilty but we can still push for supervised visits since we will be able to bring all the evidence up. But he warns that "likely" is different than "for sure", and modifying the custody is unlikely. Of course, as long as she is safe (supervised), the parenting plan and CPS being gone is secondary.

But I am terrified CPS isn't finished. It doesn't make since to close and go away if they think my son molested her. Is it normal/good that they leave cases substantiated with unknown perpetrator? Or will they suggest she goes with dad since they said my son is likely? Everyone involved, the CPS, both lawyers, juvenile office, all say everyone is waiting on the advice/report from the GAL. That her final report will hold the most weight as to who she comes home to, since they dropped her dad off the perp list. If he is NOT a perp but MY home was neither cleared nor charged, can they give her to her abuser? That's where I get scared and think the worst, because I have seen CPS lie to hurt me.

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:43 pm

I don't have a good impression of GALs. My experience with them is that they are lazy, sloppy and highly biased towards the views of CPS. They are not the independent voices they are supposed to be. Try to get the report before the hearing. If the GAL springs it on you the day of the hearing, ask for a continuance, so that you (and your attorney) can read it first. If it recommends, as you fear, that your daughter should be returned to the custody of your ex, your attorney should either cross her under oath, or ask for a continuance and depose her under oath. The trial has to come somewhere, either in juvenile or civil court, and you have to be prepared. You have to know what the GAL (if she's their star witness) is going to testify, so that you can effectively counter it. Discover the basis on which those findings were made. If I understand it right, the judge so far hasn't heard any evidence one way or the other as to what happened. You and your attorney must present your evidence so he can make an informed decision.

The applicable law I think is given here:

Non-offending parent, child returned to custody of, when.

211.037. 1. For purposes of proceedings and investigations conducted pursuant to this chapter, children shall be promptly returned to the care and custody of a non-offending parent entitled to physical custody of the child if:

(1) The parents have continuously maintained joint domicile for a period of at least six months prior to the alleged incident or the parents are maintaining separate households; and

(2) A preponderance of the evidence indicates that only one of the parents is the subject of an investigation of abuse or neglect; and

(3) The non-offending parent does not have a history of criminal behavior, drug or alcohol abuse, child abuse or child neglect, domestic violence, or stalking within the past five years; and

(4) The parents are maintaining joint domicile and the offending parent is removed from the home voluntarily or involuntarily, or the parents live separately and the child is removed from the home of the offending parent; and

(5) A non-offending parent requests custody of the child and agrees to cooperate with any orders of the court limiting contact or establishing visitation with the offending parent and the non-offending parent complies with such orders.

When the parents maintain joint domicile or comply with court- ordered visitation, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that the non-offending parent has not committed any violation of section 568.030, 568.032, 568.045, 568.050, or 568.060, or has not engaged in any conduct that would constitute child abuse or neglect under chapter 210. In order to rebut the presumption there must be a finding of actual harm or endangerment to the child if the child is placed in the custody of the non-offending parent.

2. Nothing in this section shall prevent the division or the court from exercising its discretion to return a child or children to the custody of any individual.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/chapters/chap211.htm

If bumbling CPS and the GAL find your ex to be the non-offending parent and you to be the offending parent, you must challenge this finding with your evidence, and rebut the presumption that placing your daughter with your ex will not endanger her. I like to think that the most likely outcome is the fair and just one, but the CPS system is so flawed, the workers so overworked, that virtually anything can happen. If I were you, I would hope for the fair outcome (that your daughter is returned to your custody), but be prepared for a real legal battle if justice is not served.

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:40 pm

You dont know me, but I feel for what youre going through. How are you handling this all by yourself?
I would...place my daughter where shell be safe and can heal...and hire a private investigator to sort out all the evidence and prepare a report. And I would arm myself with self defense and possible arms.
But everything legal, take classes, get permits, certifications, and training.
God Bless
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:41 am

I agree with what family man said about the GAL. Ours was a waste of time. He didnt do a thing he was suppossed to do
and our caseworker said they rarely do. I hope when we go back to file charges on the mother in law for not complying with court
orders that he is not on our case.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:37 pm

The GAL is very private. It is clear that even CPS does not like her. That obviously made me LIKE her initially. INITIALLY being key here. According to the case worker, whom I don't trust one drop either, this GAL is refusing to communicate with them and its unusual. I have no idea if that's true, if its really unusual or not, or if its all part of their constant ploy to keep me in the dark.

The GAL has interviewed my daughter, my other kids, my ex, and a few random others. Everyone tells me they are waiting on her recommendations in order to make a decision and that her findings hold the most weight. She has even showed up at my house unannounced.

She was assigned to the CPS case because the original GAL stepped down. The original one knew my ex personally. There is also a civil suit pending in the background that arose AFTER the CPS case, and the new GAL was appointed ti that as well. She is an attorney and has her own practice, specializing in custody battles. She is the one who had it court ordered to do more psych evals, at my expense of course. She is like Thelma and Louise with the new shrink she court ordered us to see for additional evals. Yes, the new shrink was with the GAL when they came for a surprise home visit.

It does seem she is at least doing things. But I don't know if she is doing the same to my ex or not. And I don't know if she is unbiased. She was suggested by my ex's lawyer. Same with the shrink. Suggested by my ex's lawyer. MY lawyers answer to my complaints of being chosen by the opposing council was that he held super high regard to the shrink and her nonbias.

I still don't understand why they took my daughter, why they let the others remain if my home is the issue, and how they all fit together. The CPS says abuse happened but not by my ex. Instead by an unknown perp. ...the juvenile office says no abuse happened at all and her weird behavior was caused by my lack of discipline or mental disorders ........the police dropped out for lack of criminal evidence......and everyone is awaiting the suggestion of the secret shrink/GAL team.

My personal opinion of ALL of them ranges from simply unprofessional and will believe whatever the bosses say, to outright corrupt and smart, covering mistakes and leading the case in the direction which gains them more. Really sad. Every time they say how well my daughter is doing, I want to throw up. I see her eyes once a week. She is not ok.
Apparently, I am not supposed to read, research, study, fight, grievance, or know any of their manual rules. And I am not supposed to call them, or notice my own daughters trauma at the hands of CPS.

I have yet to see/hear/know any allegations. The court order they gave me at the 72 hour hearing for reasons for removal, was CA/N. But they said that was against my ex who lived in a different house? They removed her from MY house so I assume the same CA/N applies to me.

littleplanet

Postby littleplanet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:36 pm

brookeycookie wrote:The GAL is very private. It is clear that even CPS does not like her. That obviously made me LIKE her initially. INITIALLY being key here. According to the case worker, whom I don't trust one drop either, this GAL is refusing to communicate with them and its unusual. I have no idea if that's true, if its really unusual or not, or if its all part of their constant ploy to keep me in the dark.

The GAL has interviewed my daughter, my other kids, my ex, and a few random others. Everyone tells me they are waiting on her recommendations in order to make a decision and that her findings hold the most weight. She has even showed up at my house unannounced.

She was assigned to the CPS case because the original GAL stepped down. The original one knew my ex personally. There is also a civil suit pending in the background that arose AFTER the CPS case, and the new GAL was appointed ti that as well. She is an attorney and has her own practice, specializing in custody battles. She is the one who had it court ordered to do more psych evals, at my expense of course. She is like Thelma and Louise with the new shrink she court ordered us to see for additional evals. Yes, the new shrink was with the GAL when they came for a surprise home visit.

It does seem she is at least doing things. But I don't know if she is doing the same to my ex or not. And I don't know if she is unbiased. She was suggested by my ex's lawyer. Same with the shrink. Suggested by my ex's lawyer. MY lawyers answer to my complaints of being chosen by the opposing council was that he held super high regard to the shrink and her nonbias.

I still don't understand why they took my daughter, why they let the others remain if my home is the issue, and how they all fit together. The CPS says abuse happened but not by my ex. Instead by an unknown perp. ...the juvenile office says no abuse happened at all and her weird behavior was caused by my lack of discipline or mental disorders ........the police dropped out for lack of criminal evidence......and everyone is awaiting the suggestion of the secret shrink/GAL team.

My personal opinion of ALL of them ranges from simply unprofessional and will believe whatever the bosses say, to outright corrupt and smart, covering mistakes and leading the case in the direction which gains them more. Really sad. Every time they say how well my daughter is doing, I want to throw up. I see her eyes once a week. She is not ok.
Apparently, I am not supposed to read, research, study, fight, grievance, or know any of their manual rules. And I am not supposed to call them, or notice my own daughters trauma at the hands of CPS.

I have yet to see/hear/know any allegations. The court order they gave me at the 72 hour hearing for reasons for removal, was CA/N. But they said that was against my ex who lived in a different house? They removed her from MY house so I assume the same CA/N applies to me.

You're right - it's weird that your youngest was removed because of (alledged) danger to her in your home, yet
apparently no danger resides there to your other children? That just doesn't make sense.
And why does "police dropping out for lack of criminal evidence" not stand up with CPS?
That also doesn't make sense.
Does CPS somehow have some magical mystical formula for being able to investigate, detect, criminalize and
prosecute what the police somehow, can't uncover?
And how can the juvenile office deny abuse when a hospital doctor confirmed physical proof?
(you must have a LOT of patience, to withstand this crap!)
just let me laugh when it's funny
but when it's sad, let me cry

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:18 am

THEY THINK THEY ARE DOING GOD'S WORK...I'D LIKE TO HEAR THEM EXPLAIN THAT SOMETIME...OH THEYRE JUST SO MYSTERIOUS. WOW, I GOT IT...I grew up in a "religious" household...I know every deceitful trick in the book that people use to justify their actions, or hide their acts. I know how they cloak their real intentions. OH Well, God cannot be fooled. We are temples, and the Holy Spirit dwells in us (and in children). Whatever they do to us they do to Christ.
Let them load up their sins upon the table of their heart.
IMO, they are nothing more than heathens on a power trip. They can't even conceptualize how it would feel to suffer like we are, and thats why its just a job to them.
No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person life, liberty or property without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:47 pm

I read a case where after the father allegedly molested the little girl, the son still got visits with the father/because he was a male child and the offender only liked little girls. It was in an appeal i read at chidrens law center los angeles.

cps has only to prove a preponderance of evidence which is less than the proof beyond a reasonable doubt that the criminal cases use. The police would have had to prove this happened beyond a reasonable doubt so they know they can't. CPS on the other hand does not have use "proof beyond a reasonable doubt" to substantiate allegations. Pretty wicked considering some of these investigators do not have to prove anything or be able to prove anything in order to take your children. What juvenile office is denying the abuse by the father? but the same office is substantiating you in the abuse.

They may be out trying to make you the head case here...they are good for that. Some caseworker told me a long time ago that cps was about punishing the mother. I think you are ending up in a very difficult situation being the "offending parent", as my judge put it. Seems like us offenders, which we are after we agree to their services, do not have as many rights as the non offending parent.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:54 am

Here is a crazy thought and I am just throwing it out here for discussion. Okay, here comes the crazy thought.....

CPS refuses to believe that your ex is guilty, but CPS wants someone to be guilty (you, your son or an unknown perp). As long as this continues, you may not get your daughter back, soooooooooooooo what if you decide to play CPS's "game"?

What if you suddenly take the side of the psychologist? What if you suddenly pretend that your daughter only needs psych therapy because you suddenly realized that she just made up that story? Maybe a psychologist will see that the best thing for your daughter would be for her to be reunited with her mama? That would definitely be the best thing for your daughter and maybe a psychologist would soon prescribe this?

Yes, this would force her to sit in the psychologist's office for hours, but after X number of visits, he/she will have to discharge her to prove he/she is competent and "cured" her (total bs, but they discharge most patients). Sitting in the stupid shrink's office for dozens of hours would be much less torturous than living in foster care forever.

I am praying for your family.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:48 pm

I dont trust them. I've witnessed too much. They will tag me with more. Plus, an ER doctor says she was raped. A forensic interviewer says while she wouldn't admit to abuse, her body language suggested otherwise. She told a case worker her daddy put his wee wee on her nose and on her pee pee. Her terminology, by the way. She had a sexually transmitted disease .

So, I've seen CPS flip flop their "opinion " to suit their need, too many times. I wish it was that simple. Say uncle, pretend to give a bit, give them their power trip, get her home, and go on. ...but its more like playing chess. Guess 6 moves ahead of the game. (I have always hated chess)

Unfortunately, I believe her. If I say I dont, all the evidence they twisted to theleft to say I made it up, will be immediately twisted to the right to say failure to protect. I put zero past these serpants.

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:25 pm

WELL, let them say on about failure to protect...Who are THEY protecting? They have never I believe and never will, I believe ever PREVENT child abuse! They are out of their living minds! The only way to PREVENT something from happening is to imprison or kill a person...We have freedom of choice! I believe they just hate that because they feel like they have no choice...they wouldn't qualify for a job at McDonalds!
It's very unfortunate that anything less than the best would be given to a child but it happens because people are ignorant to how to discipline themselves, AND HAVE NOT KNOWLEDGE OF HOW PRECIOUS CHILDREN ARE...and social workers are the WORST! THEY have an opportunity to set an example but NO THEY'D RATHER throw stones JUST LIKE ROTTEN BRATS!
They certainly are too stupid to understand the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA...or too lazy...or who knows maybe they cannot read!!!!
CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES...WHAT A LAUGHINGSTOCK THEY ARE! HISTORY WILL PROVE WHAT MISERABLE FAILURES THEY ARE!
WHILE THE STATE OF MD IS PAYING 2 WOMEN A FULL TIME SALARY TO BE MY SON'S "MOMMY" THERE HAVE BEEN MURDERS, RAPES, MOLESTATIONS, AND CHILD PORNOGRAPHY PRODUCED BY THE REAL ABUSERS....WHERE IS CPS? SNIFFING OUR BEHINDS!
THEY ARE SO STUPID THEY KNOW NOT THAT THEY WOULD DO WELL TO LEARN THE CONSTITUTION AND THEN APPLY IT, AND THEN MAYBE GRADUATE TO THE STATUS OF TEACHER, AND THEN TRY TO CURE THE WORLDS' PERVERSION THROUGH EDUCATION, AND PRAYER! BUT POOR PETTY SILLY NEEDY LITTLE SOCIAL WORKERS, HAVENT GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO STUDY, PONDER AND PRAY...THEY CANT LIVE WITHOUT THEIR PAYCHECKS, THEY ARE SELL OUTS!

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:43 pm

brookeycookie wrote:I dont trust them. I've witnessed too much. They will tag me with more. Plus, an ER doctor says she was raped. A forensic interviewer says while she wouldn't admit to abuse, her body language suggested otherwise. She told a case worker her daddy put his wee wee on her nose and on her pee pee. Her terminology, by the way. She had a sexually transmitted disease .

So, I've seen CPS flip flop their "opinion " to suit their need, too many times. I wish it was that simple. Say uncle, pretend to give a bit, give them their power trip, get her home, and go on. ...but its more like playing chess. Guess 6 moves ahead of the game. (I have always hated chess)

Unfortunately, I believe her. If I say I dont, all the evidence they twisted to theleft to say I made it up, will be immediately twisted to the right to say failure to protect. I put zero past these serpants.

I understood that your daughter really was raped and I am very sad about this. Then her trauma was compounded by an agency that was supposed to help her.

Yeah, CPS could twist any change in your assertions and then use it against you even if you suddenly agreed to their own assertions. I was trying to think of some way to "win" in their evil game. How awful this is! CPS is filled with evil!

When will this new GAL be finished? God have mercy!

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:07 am

November 17, GAL report, state psychiatrist report, CPS report, adjudication , disposition, all the same day. But I'm betting its continued by both parents council.

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Please know I am praying for your family.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:20 am

Thank you! Its a jacked up mess, just like most of the others. In with all the researching/fighting, my praying knees do the most good.

annakenc

Postby annakenc » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:28 pm

HEY yall...I know what you mean
Lets face facts...these SW are not CHILD psychologists! They are not EXPERTS...they are human behavior "scientists"...they are studying us. They might be learning something, but I have my doubts...just saying.
Also, they are not professional investigators...hence the lies, fabrications, provoking. Also, they are not doctors, so they should not be able to baffle us with their advanced sophisticaton.
Obviously they are not Christian, or they would never use force and threats. They are overpaid nose boxes...trying to act busy while in the real world children are crying and dying.
I wonder if they are so righteous and humanitarian why they don't go visit the dying children at the hospitals? What a phenomenon that is...to be born and then be dying a few years later...and have to deal with that...all without the miracle aid of social work.
Sorry just venting...I know the challenges attempting to raise NORMAL children are great...It just bugs me how little help these "giants" truly provide.

Return to “CPS Investigations”