Witch hunt

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Cyberknight13

Witch hunt

Postby Cyberknight13 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:21 am

I am being falsely accused of abusing my 11 year old daughter. I am seeking legal representation now to fight this. No criminal charges have been filed yet but they claim we are a high risk family and have opened a level 2 case against me here in Michigan. They wanted me to agree to a 3 month in home service plan then add me to the central registry. I told them no that I will be fighting them.

mamalion

Re: Witch hunt

Postby mamalion » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:12 am

what are they saying you did?

what does the service plan entail?

as far as the registry, your already on it, not worth arguing about it right now. anyone who gets a referal is on it

Cyberknight13

Postby Cyberknight13 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:36 am

In Michigan only class 1 or 2 cases get on it. They can also take any other or subsequent children away from you if you are on it.

They said I twisted my daughter's arm bad enough to cause stretched ligaments in her elbow. I did not twist her arm at all.

They want me to do in home parenting classes and counseling for 90 days.

I am fighting this. I started my own legal research and have drafted some papers already. I am seeking legal aid as I am a disabled veteran.

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:41 am

did she have to go to the ER?

what did she say about it?

do you think 90 days is a long time? I just say this since so many parent's would love to have them just in their lives for 90 days!!!

did you have a court date yet or are they attempting to avoid court

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:02 pm

Cyberknight13 wrote:In Michigan only class 1 or 2 cases get on it. They can also take any other or subsequent children away from you if you are on it.

They said I twisted my daughter's arm bad enough to cause stretched ligaments in her elbow. I did not twist her arm at all.

They want me to do in home parenting classes and counseling for 90 days.

I am fighting this. I started my own legal research and have drafted some papers already. I am seeking legal aid as I am a disabled veteran.

CPS may say 90 days, but when the time comes, they may then state that they have found another "issue". CPS may then pile on more classes/counseling/drug tests/psych exams and etc...

What about getting a second opinion which disagrees with CPS's arm assessment?

Cyberknight13

Postby Cyberknight13 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:19 pm

mamalion wrote:did she have to go to the ER?

what did she say about it?

do you think 90 days is a long time? I just say this since so many parent's would love to have them just in their lives for 90 days!!!

did you have a court date yet or are they attempting to avoid court

She did not have to but my ex took her to her pediatrician the next day. They said stretched ligaments in her elbow.

90 days is not the point, I did nothing wrong and I do not want them involved.

They are avoiding court but I am going to take it to court and sue them as well.

Cyberknight13

Postby Cyberknight13 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:21 pm

They are saying that because I used "police tactics" on her, wrist lock and pressure points, that it is abuse because they are meant for adult criminals.

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:34 pm

so your admitting to grabbing her but don't think it caused that? What does your daughter say about it? she lives with you?

one thing I will say is you don't know the judge will be better. they have to prove their case to a much lesser degree than criminal court, and most judges will side with CPS esp if they aren't asking much at all. (and 90 days is not)

I am very anti-CPS but also know how hard they are to fight.

Cyberknight13

Postby Cyberknight13 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:44 am

Yes I admitted to grabbing her but not in a way to cause said injuries. I never twisted her arm and she was already complaining of arm pain when she came over.

She lives with her mother, I have joint legal and visitation.

I understand but being on the registry is unacceptable to me so I am fighting. I will take whatever chance I can get.

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:43 am

did she say you twisted her arm? that she had arm pain before?

honestly your getting such an easy deal it seems. did you say you would agree if they don't do the reg aspect?

Cyberknight13

Postby Cyberknight13 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:08 am

Yes she said I twisted her arm and my other 2 kids (who were in the other room and bathroom) said the same. MY daughter has a history of lying and making false abuse claims.

She told me when she came over that her arm hurt from her mom yanking it and she had a bruise near her elbow. She wines a lot so I assumed it was the case at the time.

They are doing registry no matter what because of the class 2, I have asked and been told many times by the CPS worker that registry is mandatory. It may seem like an easy deal but for a retired cop who is innocent it is bull.

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:06 am

it's awful for anyone! Both me and my husband were in our case together yet guess who has all the counts of child abuse in the central record? ME he has none :x But is there anything I can about it? No

After our kids were gone for 70 days we took a plea bargain of sorts, I tell you that was SUPER hard as we had done nothing wrong and had evidence to prove it! But CPS wasn't listening and the court not listening. Had we not taken it our lawyers were 99% sure the kids wouldnt have went home that day.

The whole system is really really awful and it's not made to fight.

Have you spoke to a lawyer? It really sounds like the evidence (although possibly flawed) is against you though. It's really hard to swallow having to take blame for something you didn't do. Just remember though if you take this deal:

1. it's a lot better than most parents would get!
2. you can get much worse in court

Cyberknight13

Postby Cyberknight13 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:25 am

I'm sorry about your case.

Lawyers told me to fight it.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:20 am

Just from experience, a couple things....CPS has no consequences almost, nearly zero checks and balances. On paper it may say they only give recommendations and the judge/law has final say. The real world truth is, the judge WILL take the opinion of CPS as fact. At least in most cases. Its not criminal court. It took me a long time to get that in my head. My thoughts were, I didn't do anything wrong, so they have to prove evidence I did before I can get punished, and that wont happen because there IS no evidence because I didn't do it. Family/juvenile court is way different. They don't need evidence. They don't need proof. All they need is a preponderance (in CPS that literally just means their personal opinion and a couple doctors or shrinks saying its POSSIBLE it happened). And I agree the 90 days is small. Mine was supposed to be 30. Then 60. Then 90. Then 6 months. Now a year. Its their business to prolong, add things, lie, twist, gather bogus crap, lump it all together, ommit facts, all in the name of "saving a child". Really, in most cases they are not saving the child but abusing them by tearing apart the family for money.

You are right, its crap. Its not right. It should be illegal. But CPS has loop holes in each and every regulation so they can do what they want. Its sad. And infuriating. For instance, CPS has to investigate and make a finding in 30 days........UNLESS they feel they have reason to drag it out. CPS has to inform you of their finding within 45 days.......UNLESS they feel there are reasons not too. Its a huge case of .... they can get away with most stuff because their rules are written with exceptions to almost everything. And yes, hard to fight.

If they read your post above: on a report that gets sent to the judge each month it would say you have issues of blaming your daughter instead of taking responsibility. It would actually have in quotes that you call her a whiner, say she always makes stuff up, and you seem detached from her feelings. (Now, WE know that's a bunch of bullshit. WE know you probably love your daughter, care about her, take great care of her, are probably a great dad.) But CPS can and will take every word out of your mouth and omit facts making things seem bad. Its their job. They are trained to do it. They would force you to get evaluated by a shrink just from the whiner statement. Need a court order to do that? No problem. They do this for a living, and get it in a matter of minutes. If you live in a town on the small side, they all have known each other for years. Different agencies supposed to be separate to keep it fair? Forget it, that's only for show. If a juvenile officer has an opinion, CPS will agree. If CPS has an opinion, the CASA will agree. If a shrink has an opinion, everyone will agree. So all these reports get sent to the judge, and no matter how honest he is, he has nothing to go on but all these so called professional opinions. What do you think he's going to believe?

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly how you feel. Im all for fighting this corrupt and hurtful system. Im all for fighting these CPS monsters. What they do reminds me of Hitlers corruption. The experiments, the kidnapping, the federal funding, the ripping apart of families, the lies, the drugging, the use of certain doctors/shrinks who are in their pocket, the rules of mandated reporters to keep the flow coming in, the teaching our society to rat each other out at the slightest opinion, the disregard for real evidence, the hushing of everyone involved, its outraging.

The point here is, you have to make hard decisions here. At some point I had to decide if fighting them was better or worse for my daughter. Hardest decision I have ever had to make. I still as I type have not fully made that decision. CPS has parents by the balls. They take our kids and hold them for ransom. They use the strongest emotion against us. Most parents will do just about whatever they say, to get their child back, and they know it. So what's right, and what really happens, usually are two different things.

Examples of my case that are wrong but are taken as real so called evidence (opinion) and keep my daughter in a strangers home, on drugs, scared, for money. ....she had boo boos in mothers care and all boo boos went away when removed from mothers care. THE REAL TRUTH: she had an STD because she was molested, to which mother reported immediately, took her to several doctors appts, complied with everything CPS wanted, the STD spread to her arms and legs, all the while mother is keeping medicinal prescribed cream applied, informing doctors and CPS daily of progress, the cream works, the boo boos are healing nicely, they remove her from mother, the boo boos are almost gone, she continues healing a few more weeks in CPS custody from the cream, boo boos are gone, would have gone away completely in the same time frame had she been left with mother. But the judge, GAL, other CPS workers, juvenile office, shrinks, new doctors, ALL see a report simply saying she had boo boos with mother and zero boo boos after being rested from the home. Big difference.

Cyberknight13

Postby Cyberknight13 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:49 pm

I cannot sit on my hands and take a registry entry. It is not in me and I know I will not lose my daughter so there is no real con here. I am going full speed ahead and let the spray fall as it will in my wake. I understand what you are saying but I have come too far and changed myself too much to let this bring me down...

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Please keep us posted on your moves and the outcomes of your case. I too will not accept anything less than full dropping/closing/expunging my name. The only thing I wonder is, how do you know you wont lose your daughter? Because you are a great parent, didn't do anything wrong, know your rights, and justice will prevail? Because that's everyone on this forum. You are going to be in my thoughts and I hope you wipe the floor with CPS injustice.

Cyberknight13

Postby Cyberknight13 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:38 pm

brookeycookie wrote:Please keep us posted on your moves and the outcomes of your case. I too will not accept anything less than full dropping/closing/expunging my name. The only thing I wonder is, how do you know you wont lose your daughter? Because you are a great parent, didn't do anything wrong, know your rights, and justice will prevail? Because that's everyone on this forum. You are going to be in my thoughts and I hope you wipe the floor with CPS injustice.

Thank you for having faith in me! :)

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:45 pm

we don't need to have faith in you, you need to have faith in the system and finally the judge

parents with much less stacked against them loose every day so it will be interesting to see what happens, good luck

littleplanet

Postby littleplanet » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:56 pm

brookeycookie wrote:Just from experience, a couple things....CPS has no consequences almost, nearly zero checks and balances. On paper it may say they only give recommendations and the judge/law has final say. The real world truth is, the judge WILL take the opinion of CPS as fact. At least in most cases. Its not criminal court. It took me a long time to get that in my head. My thoughts were, I didn't do anything wrong, so they have to prove evidence I did before I can get punished, and that wont happen because there IS no evidence because I didn't do it. Family/juvenile court is way different. They don't need evidence. They don't need proof. All they need is a preponderance (in CPS that literally just means their personal opinion and a couple doctors or shrinks saying its POSSIBLE it happened). And I agree the 90 days is small. Mine was supposed to be 30. Then 60. Then 90. Then 6 months. Now a year. Its their business to prolong, add things, lie, twist, gather bogus crap, lump it all together, ommit facts, all in the name of "saving a child". Really, in most cases they are not saving the child but abusing them by tearing apart the family for money.

You are right, its crap. Its not right. It should be illegal. But CPS has loop holes in each and every regulation so they can do what they want. Its sad. And infuriating. For instance, CPS has to investigate and make a finding in 30 days........UNLESS they feel they have reason to drag it out. CPS has to inform you of their finding within 45 days.......UNLESS they feel there are reasons not too. Its a huge case of .... they can get away with most stuff because their rules are written with exceptions to almost everything. And yes, hard to fight.

If they read your post above: on a report that gets sent to the judge each month it would say you have issues of blaming your daughter instead of taking responsibility. It would actually have in quotes that you call her a whiner, say she always makes stuff up, and you seem detached from her feelings. (Now, WE know that's a bunch of bullshit. WE know you probably love your daughter, care about her, take great care of her, are probably a great dad.) But CPS can and will take every word out of your mouth and omit facts making things seem bad. Its their job. They are trained to do it. They would force you to get evaluated by a shrink just from the whiner statement. Need a court order to do that? No problem. They do this for a living, and get it in a matter of minutes. If you live in a town on the small side, they all have known each other for years. Different agencies supposed to be separate to keep it fair? Forget it, that's only for show. If a juvenile officer has an opinion, CPS will agree. If CPS has an opinion, the CASA will agree. If a shrink has an opinion, everyone will agree. So all these reports get sent to the judge, and no matter how honest he is, he has nothing to go on but all these so called professional opinions. What do you think he's going to believe?

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly how you feel. Im all for fighting this corrupt and hurtful system. Im all for fighting these CPS monsters. What they do reminds me of Hitlers corruption. The experiments, the kidnapping, the federal funding, the ripping apart of families, the lies, the drugging, the use of certain doctors/shrinks who are in their pocket, the rules of mandated reporters to keep the flow coming in, the teaching our society to rat each other out at the slightest opinion, the disregard for real evidence, the hushing of everyone involved, its outraging.

The point here is, you have to make hard decisions here. At some point I had to decide if fighting them was better or worse for my daughter. Hardest decision I have ever had to make. I still as I type have not fully made that decision. CPS has parents by the balls. They take our kids and hold them for ransom. They use the strongest emotion against us. Most parents will do just about whatever they say, to get their child back, and they know it. So what's right, and what really happens, usually are two different things.

Examples of my case that are wrong but are taken as real so called evidence (opinion) and keep my daughter in a strangers home, on drugs, scared, for money. ....she had boo boos in mothers care and all boo boos went away when removed from mothers care. THE REAL TRUTH: she had an STD because she was molested, to which mother reported immediately, took her to several doctors appts, complied with everything CPS wanted, the STD spread to her arms and legs, all the while mother is keeping medicinal prescribed cream applied, informing doctors and CPS daily of progress, the cream works, the boo boos are healing nicely, they remove her from mother, the boo boos are almost gone, she continues healing a few more weeks in CPS custody from the cream, boo boos are gone, would have gone away completely in the same time frame had she been left with mother. But the judge, GAL, other CPS workers, juvenile office, shrinks, new doctors, ALL see a report simply saying she had boo boos with mother and zero boo boos after being rested from the home. Big difference.

A bit of an eye-opener here..........
That beyond truth, rights, justice (most importantly!) knowing the nature of the beast you're dealing with:
and most who tangle with it don't have the strength, smarts or resources to subdue it....ever, or until it's
too late.
Like plea-bargaining and falsely admitting, or jumping through whatever hoops, licking whatever boots -
because what's at stake is just too precious to lose.
(but what to do with the anger?)
-like having to learn an entire new language, new rules, new self-defence...
that the best and only real protection you have doesn't come from the "protectors" at all.
(I think when you get your daughter back it should take you about 5 minutes to pack up and leave
that town........................................)
just let me laugh when it's funny
but when it's sad, let me cry

Return to “CPS Investigations”