Least intrusive plan is to kick my husband out?!? Wtf

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Jackietorok

Least intrusive plan is to kick my husband out?!? Wtf

Postby Jackietorok » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:19 am

I apologize in advance for how long this will be: 4 days ago I was contacted by cps for the first time in my life. My daughter had gone to school with a bruise under her leg from falling on the counter. They decided to call CPS regardless of the fact that she told them what happened. The investigator made it sound like it wasn't a big deal but said that until my daughter could get evaluated, she was not allowed to be alone with My husband or his family. My whole family lives over 1,000 miles away and so now I have to take off work bc I have no one to watch my kids. I have complied with everything she asked and she used it all against me.
Last night, she came over with two police officers to "talk". She said that unless I could find someone to come stay with me and make my husband move out temporarily that they would take both my children away from me. They said that because my husbands 12 yr old sister fights and kicks my daughter (7) that we are allowing her to get hurt. Anyone that has kids know that they fight. Yes, we get onto her, but the next day they fight again. I asked the cop (he had 4 kids) what he did when they fight. He said he gets onto them. I then asked if that made them never fight again. He said absolutely not. The other reason for them taking them was because we spank her (on her butt). I told the lady... "since when did spanking become child abuse" the cops stepped in to clarify that spanking was NOT child abuse! So wtf is the problem. So for 4 days my husband is unable to be with our daughter and son. Because she acts out they believe now that she is sexually abused as well. Come on!! It's like they are just piling on more bs. I do not want to wait for them to take my kids. I want to fight now!!

mamalion

Re: Least intrusive plan is to kick my husband out?!? Wtf

Postby mamalion » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:41 pm

your kids are still home? count your blessings if so

why are they blaming him for the bruise?

littleplanet

Re: Least intrusive plan is to kick my husband out?!? Wtf

Postby littleplanet » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:41 am

Yep - to me that's the big red flag, too.
How did the bruise incident get related to your husband at all? (the sister situation?)

You're lucky you had a cop in on the action who seems to have his head screwed on right, and understands kids.
...that could possibly be a big bullet dodged.

And I'd watch the SS sharks like a hawk. Turning a typical bruise into potential sexual abuse is the kind of escalation
that you don't need.
Although I'm sure you're pissed with their abuse and intrusion into your life, remember your family is intact, they've got
nothing of any substantial evidence on you - count your blessings, and for Godsakes don't provoke their wrath!
(they've got big fangs and lotsa poison.)

- just my two cents' worth.

And your daughter's evaluation? How do you prepare for that? Will they not have an agenda?
I'm trying not to be a nervous ninny here - the "acting out" part....remember, they can jump all over that, if they want to.
just let me laugh when it's funny
but when it's sad, let me cry

Return to “CPS Investigations”