got a message from a child advocate group

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

brookeycookie

got a message from a child advocate group

Postby brookeycookie » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:26 pm

I got a message from a child advocate saying she investigates CPS for the governor and wants to investigate my daughters case. That she sees discrepancies and wants me to release her to see all documents just like CPS, Court, Juvenile office, CASA, Police, and the GAL does. She says she works under the governor of Missouri and my case is one that looks drop-able.

So.....my paranoia of anyone related in any way, made me wonder if she's somehow linked with CPS. I googled her, and the agency, and she does work for the state. It says they are separate from CPS and are responsible for the recent independent audit of Missouri CPS. It says its job is to make sure the investigations go legally.

Anyone have any thoughts? CPS has me so paranoid of ANY government agency, im scared it will bite me in the ass if I agree. ....but it sounds good to me, to call them out for their corrupt lies and ripping families apart based on false opinions.

I did email the governor, along with all my senators and state representatives, months ago about our case. Think someone actually read it?

Thoughts, opinions, ideas?.......

noroses4u2c

Re: got a message from a child advocate group

Postby noroses4u2c » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:37 pm

I hope this is legit. You need your baby back.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

mamalion

Postby mamalion » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:39 pm

do what they ask, tell the truth and pray it works, what you got to lose?

family_man

Postby family_man » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:20 am

It sounds pretty good. Maybe this other office may help in some small way to reform that corrupt CPS, and to get your daughter back.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:10 am

My visit with Brooke was yesterday. CPS is not happy with me. Not sure what has changed, but something has. And the case worker wanted me to sign a typed version of the service plan, with her hand covering the wording. "Its just a typed version, im a stickler for liking things typed and not hand written. " then got so mad she was shaking when I refused to sign. Had already signed the thing, with 3 small agreeable items on it. When I pulled it from under her hand to read it before signing, there were several things secretly added. God, these people are snakes. I didn't sign.

Adjudication/disposition. November 17. Still no allegations shown to me. Still no closed cases, even though they said they were closing.

family_man

Postby family_man » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:31 am

CPS will always be displeased whenever their version of the "truth" starts to unravel. Their main motivation is winning, not necessarily the best interest of the child.

You have to receive their allegations well before you face your adjudication hearing. It will take time for you and your attorney to decide in private whether you wish to stipulate to maltreatment and continue with the case plan, OR challenge the allegations in a contested hearing. If you choose the latter, it will take time to assemble your evidence and witnesses, and to depose all who oppose you to find out what they will say in court before they say it. That is the only way you can formulate your defense strategy. If they spring these allegations on you the last minute, you and your attorney must request another continuance to get ready.

If the state makes no allegations of maltreatment, the judge will have to dismiss the CPS case and return your daughter to your care. At least that's how I see it. Can you think of any other possibilities?

I'm glad you didn't sign that latest case plan. It sounds like they're trying to add extra hoops to jump through, just so the judge will keep the case open longer.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:41 pm

I agree that we are SUPPOSED to read the case file, but it seems CPS is riding it out to the last minute in hopes we wont be prepared. They took my daughter April 23, 2011. Adjudication is November 17. The judge says its happening regardless because they are over federal time restraints. They still today have all 5 cases open. (5 , but its all the same thing. ) they have less than a month to close, finish their reports, get it to the parents and their lawyers, before court. I can totally see it being the morning of court.

My lawyer (I think), will want me to stipulate to some form of neglect. Im scared, but not going to do it unless its so minor it doesn't require services. I don't see that happening. CPS is all over me about services.

Im a bit freaked out, because I got contacted by the child advocacy group wanting to investigate CPS. Now today, I get an email from a senator? Wtf?? He wants me to email Brookes short form story along with issues I have with CPS. I emailed him months ago saying I how CPS was abusing their authority and hurting families for power and reward money. I've never been contacted by a senator, so its pretty crazy. ....and scary, because CPS has covered their butt on paper. I just want her home and CPS to take us off their list for good. I pray this helps my family and other families, and doesn't end up hurting our case.

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:23 pm

I think this is very positive news and I am very excited for you and for anyone to see the criminal behavior involved with CPS. Don't sign ANYTHING from CPS. Immediately send this senator what is required and be very polite (like you always are polite). :) I am praying for you!

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Thank you for sharing how real senators emails work. I did get a message from his office saying to please re submit my original email to his office. It was pretty similar to what you have in red. I forwarded the email I had sent months ago, back to his office, and immediately (same day), got the message requesting a short form version spelling out my concerns. (My first one was super long and very emotional, written months ago.) I will rewrite it tonight, shortening up a bit and leaving out some of the rambling. Still pretty shocked that they are responding and its kind of hopeful/scary at the same time.

Any ideas I might be leaving out in my letter, please throw your comments out here. My original email focused on their lack of investigation, kidnapping children without any proof, omitting facts off of reports that are helpful for the family, changing words to end up with a totally different meaning, breaking their own rules, bullying parents into signing things, holding federal funding a higher importance than children, abusing authority, and of course hurting children in the name of "the best interest" of CPS, not the best interest of children and families. I named the specifics in my own case, naming names and dates of their mess ups/lies. It was really long, and really emotional/angry/sad/outraged/demanding.

Any other subjects I should put in my bullet point version?

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:59 pm

That sounds awesome!

This is a chance to tell YOUR story and rescue your child as an example of the evil of CPS. Pour your sad story out to this senator! In describing how they have removed your child without ever telling you the allegations of neglect/abuse, make certain that you also describe sad scenes when your child was crying for mom, but couldn't be with you.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:58 pm

brookeycookie wrote:I agree that we are SUPPOSED to read the case file, but it seems CPS is riding it out to the last minute in hopes we wont be prepared. They took my daughter April 23, 2011. Adjudication is November 17. The judge says its happening regardless because they are over federal time restraints. They still today have all 5 cases open. (5 , but its all the same thing. ) they have less than a month to close, finish their reports, get it to the parents and their lawyers, before court. I can totally see it being the morning of court.

My lawyer (I think), will want me to stipulate to some form of neglect. Im scared, but not going to do it unless its so minor it doesn't require services. I don't see that happening. CPS is all over me about services.

Im a bit freaked out, because I got contacted by the child advocacy group wanting to investigate CPS. Now today, I get an email from a senator? Wtf?? He wants me to email Brookes short form story along with issues I have with CPS. I emailed him months ago saying I how CPS was abusing their authority and hurting families for power and reward money. I've never been contacted by a senator, so its pretty crazy. ....and scary, because CPS has covered their butt on paper. I just want her home and CPS to take us off their list for good. I pray this helps my family and other families, and doesn't end up hurting our case.

Don't stipulate to any form of neglect if you were not neglectful. I was deceived by my attorney into stipulating, and now I will be branded a child abuser for years on the registry. Stipulating also validates your girl's removal. It doesn't matter whether or not it is minor.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

littleplanet

Postby littleplanet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:24 am

brookeycookie wrote:Thank you for sharing how real senators emails work. I did get a message from his office saying to please re submit my original email to his office. It was pretty similar to what you have in red. I forwarded the email I had sent months ago, back to his office, and immediately (same day), got the message requesting a short form version spelling out my concerns. (My first one was super long and very emotional, written months ago.) I will rewrite it tonight, shortening up a bit and leaving out some of the rambling. Still pretty shocked that they are responding and its kind of hopeful/scary at the same time.

Any ideas I might be leaving out in my letter, please throw your comments out here. My original email focused on their lack of investigation, kidnapping children without any proof, omitting facts off of reports that are helpful for the family, changing words to end up with a totally different meaning, breaking their own rules, bullying parents into signing things, holding federal funding a higher importance than children, abusing authority, and of course hurting children in the name of "the best interest" of CPS, not the best interest of children and families. I named the specifics in my own case, naming names and dates of their mess ups/lies. It was really long, and really emotional/angry/sad/outraged/demanding.

Any other subjects I should put in my bullet point version?

REALLY important to re-write it out clear and concise - work it, girl!
My first thought was: Is there any way to investigate this particular Senator's track record? Where they actually stand on the issue?
I believe this is someone who could potentially have a lot of clout - so yeah, an awesome advocate to have on your side (unless it becomes a political/media circus.)
I recall reading a case history (not cps) where a family's adolescent got "kidnapped" into some kind of insitution that drained every penny of their medical insurance plan....psychological evaluation, drugging, and bogus treatment - it was a big scam / anyway, they got their kid out when a senator showed up waving a court order for his immediate release (this was in Texas).

Recently, I've heard advocates in NYC stress how important it is to de-emotionalize the story: writing it out clearly and especially emphasizing that there was no abuse committed.
Also (just a thought here) ANY material that could provide unequivocal proof that you are actually a good, responsible parent / the fact that you are not actually charged with any criminal indictment (and how family/juvenile court abuses your rights).....and that it is an unfair fight with (lack of) adequate representation.
I don't know - if all that sort of stuff would impress a senator...(but hopefully, this gets the ball rolling for you, and others.)

Also - maybe a good idea to stress your concerns that any outside advocacy could potentially harm your case within the court system (backlash.)
Hmmm. To the right politician reviewing your case, the fact that there are no allegations (after 6 months?) should be a huge red flag. Would this not mean that your child is literally being held for no (stated) reason?............other than the usual implied vague notion of "neglect."
I'm thinking that they'd be looking for evidence of incompetence by a gov't agency (and all the other attendent abuses) - but that would be the big one....inappropriate misallocation of funds.....abuse of power....anything that could convince them that state "protection" has in fact, harmed your child....

I really hope this works for you. Maybe, just maybe - you've found yourself another Honorable Nancy Schaeffer...........
Best of luck!
just let me laugh when it's funny
but when it's sad, let me cry

Return to “CPS Investigations”