This post should be Brookeycookie's / favor to a friend

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

littleplanet

This post should be Brookeycookie's / favor to a friend

Postby littleplanet » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:48 pm

Help! Adjudication/disposition in 14 hours. Allegations: failure to protect brooke from an unknown perp. Not able to properly care for Brooke. Exaggeration of sexual abuse . Not making it up, just exaggerated the facts ? Lack of parental control.
>
> Recommendations : brooke be placed with dad temporarily until all is resolved or remain in foster with parents having services to complete.
>
> What my lawyer says: last shrinks 40 page report whom all involved were awaiting before making recommendations is bad. Says she recommends custody to dad.
>
> He says the juvenile office and the judge wont agree to continue so I have these options....oppose adjudication and brooke goes home to dad. .....agree to adjudication and she doesnt go home to dad but remains in foster another 90 days while we fight......oppose disposition to get 90 days to prepare........oppose disposition but they do it anyway so we agree as long as she doesnt go home with dad right now.
>
> He says adjudication is factual/disposition is witnesses and evidence and hearsay.
>
> What the law library says: adjudication is factual and decides if CPS can prove allegations. If so, move to disposition. If not, drop case, send kid home. Adjudication uses witnesses, questioning, but not parents. Disposition decides what the service plan should be to reunite.
>
> To me, this sounds like the moment everyone warns about. Stipulation. But he acted like if I consent to adjudication, I wont be stipulating? And if I dont agree, it happens anyway, and she goes home with dad. Please post this on websites. I am too upset to type it out again
just let me laugh when it's funny
but when it's sad, let me cry

monkette31

Re: This post should be Brookeycookie's / favor to a friend

Postby monkette31 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:03 am

Wow, it sure takes a long time to get to the adjudication. I thought my 84 days was bad. Well, do you want Brooke to go with the father or not? And then is there any way to force a trial?
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

family_man

Postby family_man » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:30 am

The father is the most likely sexual perpetrator. The only reason why the mother was "unable to protect" her daughter was because of her court-ordered visitation requirement with the father. Change that order, and the mother will be able to protect -- it's as simple as that.

It seems that the best option right now is for the child to remain in foster care while the defendants prepare for adjudication. If the mother stipulates to neglect, it looks like she will lose custody. What a farce! However, it seems from the post that the child will temporarily go to the father (and risk further harm) if they choose adjudication. What a tough decision! Why can't the child stay where she is??? This is another prime example of how CPS totally screws things up when they get involved.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

littleplanet

Postby littleplanet » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:31 am

family_man wrote:The father is the most likely sexual perpetrator. The only reason why the mother was "unable to protect" her daughter was because of her court-ordered visitation requirement with the father. Change that order, and the mother will be able to protect -- it's as simple as that.

It seems that the best option right now is for the child to remain in foster care while the defendants prepare for adjudication. If the mother stipulates to neglect, it looks like she will lose custody. What a farce! However, it seems from the post that the child will temporarily go to the father (and risk further harm) if they choose adjudication. What a tough decision! Why can't the child stay where she is??? This is another prime example of how CPS totally screws things up when they get involved.

It almost seems to me that stipulation here is the equivalent of plea-bargaining. Is this how abusers are winning custody?
Though evil nonetheless, remaining in foster care is the lesser of two evils.
Of course - any "lose-lose" choice handed to a protective parent is a prime example of how CPS "protects."
(protecting their own interests.)
A choice like this would have made Solomon dizzy.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:46 am

2 hrs left. . My lawyer re-explained when I pushed hard for plain answers. He says if I consent to adjudication today, I will be showing the court im willing to do services to keep Brooke safe in foster. And be agreeing the juvenile office has a case. To me, that says im admitting guilt and will hurt me. To him, it says im cooperative for her best interests and gives him time to poke holes in their claims. He says quite sure if I consent, she will stay in foster. He's also quite sure if I oppose, she will go, at least temporarily, to dad. But to me, I have 2hrs to choose between saying I neglected her , or giving her to her abuser.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:47 am

It is a no win situation.

Either way they are punishing you for actions committed by another person, while letting the other person off the hook.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

littleplanet

Postby littleplanet » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:28 pm

brookeycookie wrote:2 hrs left. . My lawyer re-explained when I pushed hard for plain answers. He says if I consent to adjudication today, I will be showing the court im willing to do services to keep Brooke safe in foster. And be agreeing the juvenile office has a case. To me, that says im admitting guilt and will hurt me. To him, it says im cooperative for her best interests and gives him time to poke holes in their claims. He says quite sure if I consent, she will stay in foster. He's also quite sure if I oppose, she will go, at least temporarily, to dad. But to me, I have 2hrs to choose between saying I neglected her , or giving her to her abuser.

There's the impossible choice.
Or is it a lesser evil?
If giving them (whatever ammo) now - keeps her away from her dad
(I'm sure you probably have contemplated the alternative a gazzillion times)
then isn't that really your only (in good conscience) choice?

Hell - all those disclaimers flyin' around about how not being a lawyer or offering legal advice................
that part of it seems to be totally no-brainer.
Just a lotta heart.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:39 pm

Second worst day in history, superseded only by the day my little girl was hurt. May those people feel with sickness what they've done, each day of their lives.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:15 am

brookeycookie wrote:Second worst day in history, superseded only by the day my little girl was hurt. May those people feel with sickness what they've done, each day of their lives.

What happened, hon?

*hugs*
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:16 am

Custody turned over to father, all authorities say ALL my kids are in grave danger with me, but somehow dont have to reveal why until february.

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:03 am

This takes "hard ball" to a new level. Your CPS sure is playing dirty! This goes to show what little regard they really have for your childrens' safety. It's all about intimidation and winning - right or wrong. The decision to yank your daughter, who has been trumatized enough already, back into the hands of a suspected sex offender shows a true spite over your audacity to oppose them.

So I assume you didn't stipulate to abuse or neglect, and that your adjudication trial is set for February?

Will there be any way you can monitor your childrens' safety? Your ex knows he'll be under a microscope for the next 90 days, so hopefully he'll behave himself. But if he's a compulsive abuser, I shudder to think of what might happen.

A precaution: As you formulate your trial strategy with your attorney, it would be best not to share it on this board. You never know who's reading it. Private messages are probably ok, though.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:40 am

family_man wrote:A precaution: As you formulate your trial strategy with your attorney, it would be best not to share it on this board. You never know who's reading it. Private messages are probably ok, though.

Yes, this is very true.

The government often monitors such places.

CPS cares nothing about children.

I wish I could give you a hug for real. I know you need one right now.

Every time the court gives custody of the children to their abusers, it reinforces to the children that it is okay to abuse them. Your daughter will probably need lots of therapy as she gets older to deal with this.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Totally agree....only outcomes and updates of their unethical torture will be posted here. And, no.....I first declined "consenting to adjudication". I was told if I decline, they send her home with dad right now. We argued an hour (literal arguing) over "consent" meaning "agree" or not . I said its the same as stipulation, and would be giving awaymy rights and saying im guilty of stuff they wouldn't even let me see. I was told I could "consent" to adjudication but deny all allegations, if any. I was told adjudication was happening with or without my consent, due to special circumstances. I was asked if I consent to moving forward so shed stay where she's at now. I shook my head yes.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Within a minute, some prosecutor chick stood up and what I thought would be the allegations . Instead, it was that brooke was going home to dad, and I continue 1to hour/per week supervised. They whispered some, said some shit about disposition just happening. My lawyer said some shit, but I was crying and praying and cops came in. I was sent out, to compose myself. I heard nothing after that.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:51 am

so obviously all of the court think the child is best with the father. Is he rich or something? and your stupid lawyer doesn't seem like he does anything at all, with all that pre-court mumbo jumbo. They probably think that you have munchausans by proxy or something. You now have a couple of months to document and figure out how to be your own lawyer. familyrights.us (AFRA)
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “CPS Investigations”