what to do?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

family_man

Re: what to do?

Postby family_man » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:49 am

I don't really know how to attck this problem, other than trying to take pictures if they let you and then trying to present them as evidence. I do know that running is not the answer. You won't be able to do much for your grandbaby while you're in jail for kidnapping.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

tutzi

Postby tutzi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Yes I know but next time they might call us and say he is dead he looks BAD and I dont know what to do it is still so long until the next court date and I did take pictures I think imma go to the news station and newspaper

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:25 pm

You have to do what you have to do...especially if you think it's life threatening.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Tell your daughter to ask her attorney for an emergency meeting with the judge and she can take the pictures of his abuse. All of this over one tiny blister and now he's got that and a million other things wrong with him!!!!! Un-friggen-real!!!!!!!
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

tutzi

Postby tutzi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:06 pm

yeah we called the attorney she said she cant see us until january 30th cause she is booked up the rest of the week and than she goes on vaccation.
I went to the police station again this time they told me to stop coming there they work for the state just like cps does and they gonna do their own thing and they cant do nothing for me and if the CW tells me he is not abused than I should take her work for it cause she wouldnt lie and jeopardize her job REALLY.
YOU are right they making up all this BS over a blister and now the poor baby is really abused,got an appt. with 6 on your side tomorrow maybe they can help with my grandson at least getting moved to another place until we go back to court.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Call or email these people, they may help you, ask if there is a way to make a report on a foster home. The division out here started their own investigation re: my sons injuries while in foster care. They are not under DCFS umbrella, hope it's the same for you guys...(louisiana, right?)

Regulates the health, safety, and well-being of children in out-of-home care; provides support and quality control services to child care providers.

Child Care Licensing and Regulatory Section (Louisiana)
Angie Badeaux
State Department of Social Services, Office of Family Support
Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education
P.O. Box 3078, 627 North Fourth Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70821

Phone: (225) 342-9905
Fax: (225) 342-9690
Email: [email protected]
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:38 pm

I think I would write my state legislator a letter and take it to him or her in person... you might have to leave it with a staff member.. or you might be able to speak to the legislator. Either way, they will probably phone the head of your state social services department and there will be an investigation from the top downward.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

tutzi

Postby tutzi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:42 pm

monkette31 wrote:Call or email these people, they may help you, ask if there is a way to make a report on a foster home. The division out here started their own investigation re: my sons injuries while in foster care. They are not under DCFS umbrella, hope it's the same for you guys...(louisiana, right?)

Regulates the health, safety, and well-being of children in out-of-home care; provides support and quality control services to child care providers.

Child Care Licensing and Regulatory Section (Louisiana)
Angie Badeaux
State Department of Social Services, Office of Family Support
Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education
P.O. Box 3078, 627 North Fourth Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70821

Phone: (225) 342-9905
Fax: (225) 342-9690
Email: [email protected]

Thank you sooooooo much I'll call them first thing in the morning

tutzi

Postby tutzi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:44 pm

LindaJM wrote:I think I would write my state legislator a letter and take it to him or her in person... you might have to leave it with a staff member.. or you might be able to speak to the legislator. Either way, they will probably phone the head of your state social services department and there will be an investigation from the top downward.

Thanks I will try that too tomorrow morning

tutzi

Postby tutzi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 am

I just got a call from the caseworkers supervisor, she told me I wont be able to see my grandchild nomore since grandparents have no rights whatsoever,the case is confidential and not to be discussed with anybody and I'm not part of this case so after today she wont talk to me anymore either. She said he is not beeing abused but he is well taking care of the bumps above his private area is a allergic reaction the scratches and bruises in his face are from him having long nails and sratching his self the nails has been cut now though, the burn on his finger is not a burn but a blister from him slamming his finger in a drawer a couple times so no abuse... REALLY ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:54 am

This sort of retaliation comes as no surprise.

She may not discuss the case with you anymore, but she can't keep your daughter from discussing it with you. She can't keep you from going to your state legislators. You can keep fighting. She has no authority to prevent it.

I hope you're documenting everything, including this. Clearly, she was willing to discuss the case with you up till now (in spite of department rules or confidentiality). Just as clearly, she's punishing you now. She's trying to have it both ways: ignoring the rules when it suits her, and invoking them when it suits her. This, too, should be brought to your legislators' attention.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Abusers always have an excuse for everything. Make sure you tell that to the news, judge, director, congressman/senator... Also, have you called the baby's attorney? He/she should be fighting for this baby's safety more than anyone!
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

tutzi

Postby tutzi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Yes I document everything even if it seems not important its still documented.

Baby's attorney no I have not talked to her actually I forgot he had an attorney but I will talk to her tomorrow.

A detective called me asking about the report from yesterday I told him what happened and he said he will call CW and see what they say and get back to me.
About a hour later the CW and her supervisor came to do a homecheck asking millions of questions and told me I can have a visit with my grandbaby once a month.
They said if they thinking about placing him with me if I would take him but my daughter can't stay here anymore HOW CRAZY of course I'll take him and my daughter gonna have to move by my uncle or grandfather but this is still to be discussed.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Well that would be fantastic! How bass-ackwards can those people be? This morning they're saying you'll never see him, now they're thinking of placing him with you. Yeesh! Not to sound paranoid, but I would hate to see this backfire on you. I don't know why/how getting you roped into the system could be to their financial or control benefit, but when they're asking all of those questions, they're usually fishing for something.

You might consider offering to play "detective" for them... say, "how about if you let me supervise my daughter's visits with the baby, then I can watch her and see if she's abusing him!" They will think that you're on their side, wanting to catch the "abuser" while in reality, you'll be able to work towards restoring your family.

I'm praying hard for you!!!!!

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:53 pm

[quote]You might consider offering to play "detective" for them... say, "how about if you let me supervise my daughter's visits with the baby, then I can watch her and see if she's abusing him!"[quote]

I've seen cases where they place with a grandparent and watch the house to see if they allow the son or daughter any unauthorized contact, they can then take the kid(s) again and say relative placement is no longer an option.. Usually a grandparent has to distance themselves from their child, swearing "to never allow them to see them", in order to keep the grandkids.. It's a slippery slope....Be careful if they allow it
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:15 pm

Tutzi, you have a baby of your own, right? Do you think they might be setting you up, so they can find some fault with you to justify taking both babies away?

I don't mean to frighten you. I just don't trust the fact that they got angry and vengeful at you in the morning, and by that afternoon they were suddenly bending over backwards to be nice.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 pm

or they really could be trying to place the baby with family first, which they should have done already but it does take a minute, my own case, it took about 90 days. All in all, cps has a shitty way of doing everything...don't turn your back on them for one instant. I wonder what they're telling the other grandparents now.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:41 am

These people are pure evil.

Keep fighting for him. That is all you can do.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

tutzi

Postby tutzi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:06 pm

I've been thinking about all those things already myself, I don't trust these people and I too was wondering what they told the other grandparents I would have asked her but she wont talk to either of us anymore WHY I don't know.
When we went to these 2 visits with my grandson I took my baby with me too and the CW kept trying to play,talk and kiss my baby the whole time not paying no attention to my grandson just to my baby that made me think already they must be trying to get my baby next.
Maybe thats why they asked for paystubs our ssn and other things along with a background check I told her she could do a background check I have never been in trouble with the law so they will not find anything on me.
I still continue to watch these people closely and I keep having to remind my daughter to not give information so freely cause she just answering all their questions in detail which they most likely trying to switch around, and thats probably another reason they dont want me around when they talk to her.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:12 pm

tutzi wrote:Maybe thats why they asked for paystubs our ssn and other things along with a background check I told her she could do a background check I have never been in trouble with the law so they will not find anything on me.

If they let you take your daughter's baby, youll have to do the background check anyway. But I don't know what they need with your paystubs.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Daruma wrote:Tutzi, you have a baby of your own, right? Do you think they might be setting you up, so they can find some fault with you to justify taking both babies away?

I don't mean to frighten you. I just don't trust the fact that they got angry and vengeful at you in the morning, and by that afternoon they were suddenly bending over backwards to be nice.

Smacking my head! Yikes! I forgot about your baby! Just make sure you WRITE DOWN everything they said that day, that they were doing a background check so that you could have custody. I would guess that the paystub request is for them to determine kinship foster care financial aid levels. Did you hear back from the baby's attorney/GAL? If you haven't called yet, please do and make him/her fight to get the baby placed with you. It can't hurt to ask.

tutzi

Postby tutzi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:57 pm

I have not yet called the babys attorney because I dont know who she is, her name number or anything.We never got any paperwork from cps at all the only thing we ever got was a week ago and that was the appt. for the family team conference, but I called the CW to ask for the attorneys number and name but have not heard back from them yet.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:54 pm

yep, your daughter has to be careful what she says to the caseworker. You are so right, she shouldn't be so open to their questions, ANY and ALL info they get from her is ONLY USED to justify taking baby, any baby...tell her not to tell them stories, they will use ANYTHING!

I betya anything too, the social worker sup. called the other grandparents and probably told them exactly what she told you guys...grandparents have no rights etcetera. Are you exploring the option of your daughter moving out yet?

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 am

tutzi wrote:I have not yet called the babys attorney because I dont know who she is, her name number or anything.We never got any paperwork from cps at all the only thing we ever got was a week ago and that was the appt. for the family team conference, but I called the CW to ask for the attorneys number and name but have not heard back from them yet.

It should be in the records of the court proceeding that I hope your daughter has received by now. If not, she can call her atty and ask for the baby's atty's contact info.

tutzi

Postby tutzi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:44 am

Yes we thought about it but we don't have family in this state and they said she would have to stay in the state of louisiana so she is checking if she can go roommate with someone.

We have not gotten any papers from nowhere besides the FTC letter, but thanks her attorney should have the number I will have her call.

Return to “CPS Investigations”