my parents filed a private petition to take our children

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Mommab

my parents filed a private petition to take our children

Postby Mommab » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:02 am

bringjordynandjadynhome.webs.com is a website my husband and i made up to explain our case a lil. my parents tried at first to go through family court filing DVPs agains my husband while i was in the hospital. the family court judge not once, but twice, denied them , in fact, striking my mothers credability. we then moved to another county to kind of get away from my parents. i had a restraining order against my father at this time. my mother also had csp invistigate us, which they did, and said there were no findings, and closed the case. well, my mother went around cps and family court, got another attorney, and filed a private petition in circuit court. its HORRIBLE.... we just dont know what to do. basically our court appointed attorneys are telling us that now we just have to do what were told and wait till we get an improvement period for our kids to come home. our court date was dec 6 but was continued, and now, in feb, two months later, there still has not been one rescheduled. its driving us insane being away from our children...

good dad
Site Admin

Re: my parents filed a private petition to take our children

Postby good dad » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:23 am

Hi welcome to the site..

I read your blog... Did you enter into evidence the reports from the previous county Judge denying the previous requests?

First thing I would discuss with your attorney the possibility of Appealing the present Judges action.. It seems he based his decision against the evidence presented which should easily be overturned in a higher court..

What evidence did your parents use against you?

Tim
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:32 am

If you ever get your babies back, leave the state and don't let your parents know where you're at. (I'm sure you're already planning that though.)

Your parents are toxic.

I hope you get your babies back soon.

It's important for you to do positive activities while you go through this ordeal to help perserve your mental health. I have seen many mothers literally go insane after their children were stolen from them. This is a very traumatic event in your life. When you find yourself slipping into depression though, you need to do something to keep your mind active. You won't do your children any good if you succumb to the trauma. Seeing what I've seen over the years has helped me in a way because when I found myself doing what some of them ended up doing (like quitting taking care of oneself) I knew that I had to fight it and force myself not to be that way. This kind of trauma has literally destroyed people.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:53 am

That is messed up! Can you file a restraining order on behalf of your children so that your father cannot be around them? Clearly, he abuses young girls. Especially since he has a history with you, can you file for them? Have you called CPS since this point in time? If your mother failed to protect you from your father, then she could be found guilty of failure to protect.

Be warned, this will likely put your children in foster care, but just from the little bit of your case you've presented, I'd rather have them in foster care than with your parents. :(
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Return to “CPS Investigations”