first group therapy with my daughter today

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

brookeycookie

first group therapy with my daughter today

Postby brookeycookie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:49 pm

That means I get to see her TWICE this week!! Suh-weeet! Too bad its to judge how I interact with her, and its after this group therapist has seen her with her dad several times and spoken to cps several times. But hey, I get an extra hour with my baby! Pray for this woman to have equality.

Eljay

Re: first group therapy with my daughter today

Postby Eljay » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:07 pm

Will do!
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:04 pm

Praying for you!

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:31 pm

It actually went okay. Thank you !!

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Yay! Was this with a large group or just family group? New therapist?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:09 pm

New therapist, court ordered, just my daughter and I, basically just to play, while the therapist watches, and interacts with us. Run on sentence, sorry.

Thanks for the prayers. This entire thing is so huge, I need reminded sometimes of my faith, in the middle of the storm.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm so glad you are getting to see her. Glad that at least this first session wasn't another way to abuse you.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:40 am

I get an hour per week, supervised, plus an hour every 2weeks,, in play therapy . Last week I raised hell that she's been reinfected with MC since being sent to live with dad, and begged for them to test him for it. I was calm, but forceful.

Last night, in order to see her, I had to sign a contract saying I can't take her picture, show her pictures of family, or talk of family. When I asked why, I was told I may try to show her sexual pictures. Wtf? And I'M the one they think is whacked? They're insane, like a fox. So, they think I'm gonna show her sexual pics....right....THAT'S ridiculous. I'd gladly allow them to see each pic before I show her. And no pics of her? Afraid I'll get a pic of that STD papule on her neck?

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:16 am

brookeycookie wrote:And no pics of her? Afraid I'll get a pic of that STD papule on her neck?

Yep, that's exactly what they're afraid of. They're pretty transparent. All they care about is making themselves look good and justifying their own actions.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Daruma

Postby Daruma » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 am

brookeycookie wrote:Last night, in order to see her, I had to sign a contract saying I can't take her picture, show her pictures of family, or talk of family. When I asked why, I was told I may try to show her sexual pictures.

That's so sick, and so insulting. Just really, really sick.

It's a credit to you that you managed to keep your composure after a low blow like that.

I hope they gave you a copy of the contract. Hang on to it and keep it safe. You may need it some day to back up the reason why you don't have any pictures of the papule.
These are my personal opinions only. They are not legal, medical, or financial advice.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:00 pm

Ive never sued anyone, let alone an entire state agency,....yet. Ducks in a row is an awesome thing to have. They're really not that smart. Just smart enough to know exactly what they're doing , yet too lazy to keep up with current case laws and too cocky to see they've just created another activist against cps who isn't going to just stop advocating once this is over. Battle one, defense. Battle two, offense. Smart as a serpent, quiet as a dove.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:57 am

Right on. love you for that.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:54 am

Ditto. ;)

family_man

Postby family_man » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:00 pm

Unless you're medically certified to make a diagnosis of STD papules, no one is going to believe your testimony about that. You will have to get you own independent expert witness to examine your daughter and make his own testimony, based on his eminent qualifications. You will no doubt have to get a court order to have her examined, but your should have that right as her parent.

Your case is extraordinarily bizarre. I am so hoping you will be vindicated in the end, and your daughter rescued from the abuse she is enduring now.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Agreed, family man, nobody takes my word. I've requested (to cps, my lawyer, the juvenile court, the juvenile office, CASA, the fathers council, and the GAL) that she see a pediatric dermatologist for diagnosis. So far, I'm being ignored ....again/still. Really, the only person I have means of getting this info to the judge through, is the therapist who says she can email him personally, as long as its in correct format, unbiased, and pertains to the case. Everyone else seriously doesn't want her diagnosed, including MY council. Unreal.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:12 pm

As for the weaning and separation via that stupid no pictures contract, it's hard to maintain composure. I've done nothing that so much as suggests wrongdoing, CPS has a very weak case , yet I've seen my daughter only 39 hours total in a year.

family_man

Postby family_man » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:49 pm

I think you'll have to go through proper judicial procedures to get a court order. A fair judge isn't supposed to accept private emails from parties to a case over which he presides.

The way it worked in my case, I had to write my own affidavit describing the case from my point of view, and why I thought an independent psychiatric evaluation of my son was needed. My attorney wrote an expedited motion to have my son examined, citing legal precedence for such a motion and citing the facts contained in my affidavit. The motion, along with my affidavit, were then filed with the court under my case number. Copies of them were then served to all other parties to the case. Each party was then given a fair amount of time to file their written objections to the motion, which in turn also had to be served to all parties. (I think the only objections that were submitted were logistical ones.)

After the motion and objections were duly filed and served, our judge considered the arguments and ordered my son to be transported to the doctor I chose on one of a list of the doctor's available days. This marked the turning point of my case. Something similar may work for you.

If your judge is unwilling to decide the matter on the basis of the written material presented to him, he may schedule a hearing, where oral arguments are heard and witnesses are cross-examined.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Sigh....I wrote the affidavit, filed it with the court, had copies sent to all parties, requesting the above. No answer. My lawyer didn't file anything, and says he'll request it properly later, if "it gets that far". I'm exhausted ....

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:38 pm

brookeycookie wrote:Sigh....I wrote the affidavit, filed it with the court, had copies sent to all parties, requesting the above. No answer. My lawyer didn't file anything, and says he'll request it properly later, if "it gets that far". I'm exhausted ....

You must focus on keeping yourself mentally healthy.

Keep documenting everything.

Have you consulted with attorneys outside of your area?
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Noroses, I've consulted with 32 attorneys , all within my state but out of my county and judicial district. I've consulted 9 attorneys via phone/email, waaay out of state. "Super-lawyers, CPS hating lawyers, psych-lawyers. Some put on a good sales pitch but probably aren't any better than the one I have. Some wont touch it. Only ONE was willing/hardcore/able/practically famous/worth it/sure thing. ONE. Unfortunately he is high profile and highly sought after, making him waaay more expensive. Not sure why, but I feel like im supposed to stick with mine and combine his under zealous with my over zealous. Ugh....if I can just get him more PISSED, I'd be better set. (I must admit, more than once he's advised me one way....I've done another way....and it hurt more than helped)

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:01 pm

BUT......for those here with more money than me, I highly recommend Dr. Lorandos.

He's super aggressive, super intimidating to cps/judges, super famous among lawyers nationally, annd super nice. He's high profile, winning cases that you see on the news, but still personally calls to return inquiries. He's a long time forensic psychologist, ya, the ones that help TAKE kids in cps cases. Now he's also a longtime defense attorney, with personal experience on how they play the game. He's published books, teaches law, speaks at conferences, published instructional videos for lawyers, has hundreds of youtube vids for average parents, appears on Oprah, 20/20, etc., and still answered MY calls.

But he's not cheap. Far from it. No pro bono.

Google Dr. Lorandos and psychlaw.net. youtube him.

Anyways....there's my plug. Can't stress how compassionate and skilled he is.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:09 pm

I should mention, its a $10,000 retainer to get the Lorandos/Joshi team to consider your case, and hourly fees are double regular lawyers.....a 6month cps case is easily $150,000.00. ....but he never loses. Never. His few "losses" are where you get the kids , people get fired and prosecuted, but you don't get millions in damages. .....that's assuming you're legit.

Return to “CPS Investigations”