Kept them at bay **UPDATE #5...The meeting**

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Homeschoolmom7

Re: Kept them at bay **The nail in the coffin**

Postby Homeschoolmom7 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Eljay wrote:
Homeschoolmom7 wrote:At 17 I got into an argument with my mom, she hit me, giving me a black eye, was arrested, plead guilty to child abuse but had charges dropped down to a misdemeanor something or another.
Ok, so...my mom has sought treatment for mental problems, is medicated and up until last night has appeared stable...or stable enough. The abuse mentioned occurred around 12 years ago. Fast forward to last night....
My mother just nailed the coffin shut on any prayer of getting CPS off my back and she KNOWS it. She holds resentment against me and has now gotten her chance at revenge.

Oh chit. Here's the deal.... You've got a VERRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY fine line to walk right now. If they find out that you left your children in the hands of a known abuser, they will slap you with failure to protect. I certainly hope that this is the first abuse you've seen from her in 12+ years. Regardless, you do NOT want them to know about your mother's past because, although you've had 12 years of observation and watched her, thinking she was safe, they see things in black and white and will claim that you should have known better. Same with whatever her 'mental problems' are .... don't go throwing her under the bus for being psycho... through your careful and continuous observation, she appeared to be well balanced with whatever medication she was taking.

At this point, I would have either an attorney or police/sheriff with you when you interview, at your home, but bring said child out on the porch with just one of you, leaving the others behind a lockable door with the other parent. The police/sheriff should be involved to take a formal complaint against your mother for the RO.

You do realize that you have to allow them to complete their investigation, but I'm very concerned about them showing up with multiple SWs, multiple police, etc. They might try throwing their weight around. You need to befriend the police and ask THEM to confirm your rights to not have your children taken based on your mother's lie.

BTW, I hope you see her behavior as inexcusable. Her actions could lead to the destruction of your family. She's got to leave you alone. I hope you have no regrets filing a restraining order against her.
Ohh...they already know... the 'anonymous' caller already clued them in but also mentioned that she had been seeing a psych for the last 12 years and has been medicated (obviously the not so anonymous tip line had the caller identify themselves through facts, huh?) No doubt she was the caller:/
When these things were mentioned to my husband while on speaker phone, I immediately had him mention that she's been in the care of a psych, has been medicated and our immediate (always present) child psychologist (sister) my aunt, has always been around during the visits and would be able to 'watch' my children while they visited with grandma (and she felt everything was safe). I really feel like my mom 'outed' herself as a way to destroy me. This really was the revenge she had waited so many years for! I spoke with a few attorneys today (not that I will be able to retain them) and both suggested I hold off on the restraining order because "it's not like she's going to break into your home or force herself to your children" My husband mentioned it today to the CPS worker while he set up a 'meeting' for Wednesday but I almost feel like allowing them to know I plan on filing a restraining order on Monday, pretty much pegs me at our local courthouse on monday...ripe for their picking (if they're still searching for me!) I have no doubt, that despite our cooperation in setting up a meeting, they will continue to attempt to catch me at home. Truth be told...I am terrified of going home and even though I fully expect them to take my children on Wednesday...I cannot take a surprise 'door pounding' again.
If I have a police sheriff present (which they may already have planned) what good will they do me...aside from asserting the law more clearly on the SW behalf:/ Do you have any pointers on helpful ways to befriend the police? i was told by an attorney today that if the child is involved in a crime (abuse) investigation, the police have every right to take the child for questioning without a court order? please tell me this isn't true!! I fully intend to insist upon seeing the court order/warrant, before I allow a single child out my door. Will the police (is it typical) that they attempt to leave without an order?? What did you mean by 'throw their weight around" ?

Homeschoolmom7

Re: Kept them at bay **UPDATE #3**

Postby Homeschoolmom7 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:30 pm

MaggieNYC wrote:Perhaps I have missed something here but the Home School Organization has a very powerful legal team in force that has taken CPS on in the past. Truth be told, I have skimmed through these posts and perhaps I have missed something but has the original poster even contacted the Home School Organization?

Yes, I am familiar with HSLDA! Originally, while in the middle of our last CPS investigation, I contacted HSLDA. I spoke with a representative and inquired whether, considering my CPS history, if I should even bother applying. They ask about all CPS contact in the last 5 years....and well...ALL our CPS contact happened in the last 5 years! She said that she'd advice me to seek legal counsel elsewhere:(

Eljay

Re: Kept them at bay **The nail in the coffin**

Postby Eljay » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:25 am

Homeschoolmom7 wrote:the 'anonymous' caller already clued them in but also mentioned that she had been seeing a psych for the last 12 years and has been medicated (obviously the not so anonymous tip line had the caller identify themselves through facts, huh?) No doubt she was the caller:/

While CPS does not have to tell YOU who called in, someone making a false report is liable for committing a crime, a penal code, police-investigated, district attorney charged CRIME. The police will be the ones to verify the identity of the caller, if they so choose to investigate. I believe, however, that if you called them out and reported what your mother did (she blamed my husband for her slapping), they would likely shrug and claim that there is not much they can (or will) do. I think, however, a visit from the PD to your mother would scare the pants off of her and prevent her from doing this in the future. Still, you need the police to investigate and document your son saying that grandma did it. Yes, really NEED it... you see, if this goes far enough for them to take your kids and you all to end up in court with your husband denying the abuse, the social workers will submit their "testimony" that the son said dad did it and that is EVIDENCE. They have very poor investigation skills and no motivation to tell the truth. Maybe dad spanked son one time when he was 4 for pushing his sister off a chair but the SW will ask the 7 year old, "did dad spank you?" and a yes reply will be presented as a confirmation that the anonymous call was true. They won't believe dad, but a police investigation will be gold in court.

If I have a police sheriff present (which they may already have planned) what good will they do me...aside from asserting the law more clearly on the SW behalf:/

It's is YOUR rights that you are protecting. Tey don't have a warrant to take custody of your kids because they were not abused... and if they have a warrant in hand, it is based on lies which you can point out to the officer. You've got the police there to ensure they don't lie their asses off and claim they have the right to take them right now. Furthermore, they are obligated (by law) to attempt to place the children with family FIRST so print out the law and have it ready... if they show up, you'll be calling your sister to have the kids placed with HER. Your kids are not in imminent harm. EVEN IF dad had slapped the boy, physical discipline is not against the law, the kids are not being severely abused and THOSE PEOPLE ARE TERRORIZING YOUR FAMILY!!!! The law is NOT on the social workers side in your case!!!!

Do you have any pointers on helpful ways to befriend the police? i was told by an attorney today that if the child is involved in a crime (abuse) investigation, the police have every right to take the child for questioning without a court order? please tell me this isn't true!! I fully intend to insist upon seeing the court order/warrant, before I allow a single child out my door. Will the police (is it typical) that they attempt to leave without an order??

The police are not going to take your child!!!! They are not the heartless, money-grubbing monsters that CPS is! They don't want to further traumatize children. If you're making him available to the police in your own home to further the investigation, they have NO REASON to take the child. Now, if a child has been locked in the basement for four years, starved and beaten, and finally breaks free to get to a phone and call 911, you bet your a$$ that the police are going to take that child out of that home IMMEDIATELY and call CPS next.

What did you mean by 'throw their weight around" ?

To intimidate you by making it look as if they have the authority of the police behind them. They are trying to scare you by having the police there. Again, if they had a warrant, they wouldn't need to you open the door for them... they would break it down.

Found this: http://www.co.marathon.wi.us/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=oCWXXdSKZRk%3D&tabid=216
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

noroses4u2c

Re: Kept them at bay **UPDATE #3**

Postby noroses4u2c » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:07 am

MaggieNYC wrote:Perhaps I have missed something here but the Home School Organization has a very powerful legal team in force that has taken CPS on in the past. Truth be told, I have skimmed through these posts and perhaps I have missed something but has the original poster even contacted the Home School Organization?

They tend to only take cases where the outcome would undermine homeschooling.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

Homeschoolmom7

Re: Kept them at bay **UPDATE #4...The police**

Postby Homeschoolmom7 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:14 pm

******UPDATE #4***********
This morning my husband took our son (the one struck by my mother) back to our house, called our local PD and requested a statement be taken by a juvenile investigator. I really had high hopes, from the excellent advice I'd received here....but I didn't expect this scenario at all!
First, the local PD sent a first available officer...someone on patrol that happened to be in the area. Second, my husband explained the situation and gave a statement. He requested on more than one occasion (I originally didn't know this until I asked) that they interview Gavin separately so that nothing (my husband) said would influence Gavin's statement. Well....here's where things went downhill fast! First, Gavin was present during the entire statement my husband gave....since they said it wasn't 'necessary' for them to move Gavin into another room or area so that later on...it couldn't be said that my husband influenced him. Second, once they received a statement from my husband they said they didn't need one from my son, yet still took pictures of the itty bitty bruise that still lingered on my son's nose :shock: I nearly cried when I'd heard this!! This was the whole reason they were there! I NEEDED them to talk to my son!
Then...they called CPS :shock: :shock:
My husband panicked...I felt numb and was sure CPS would swoop in and take my son and the police just weren't helping or doing what I'd expected!! The police left, with my son still in my husband's custody, assuring my husband that CPS and the investigating detective would be in contact with both MY mother as well as us. Sigh....what a waste of time...Luckily, I had taken a recorded statement where I asked my son very open ended questions and he spoke freely in front of the video camera as well as a recorded statement as he told a friend about the incident on the phone, as well as pictures I'd taken within hours of the 'slapping'.
One thing my husband said they had asked repeatedly was about my, and the other kids' whereabouts. Apparently the detective was so persistant, he went as far as to ask whether or not the weather was nicer where we were located? :lol: Yeah...I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night (and my husband caught on as well) Our 'interview' still stands for Wednesday of next week but we expect to be home on Tuesday night to make sure our house is perfect;) I always go a bit overboard preparing for the house "walkthrough" only because I'm sure they look for the smallest detail to pick out (atleast my previous SW have)

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:29 pm

To me this sounds like excellent news, with police and police investigator present, there must be no warrant for the kids, to pick them up. Yep, they wanted to barge in and use the police as intimidators while they trampled around your house and threatened to take your children. I am glad at least you have a meeting scheduled, as it sounds like there is no warrant at this point.

Information killed the cat. They know your mother's cps history as she has told them, that makes your family a target to them, prior family cps involvement checkmarks do exist and count as points against your family. I don't think you have to reveal all you know about your mother's hx with mental illness, at the meeting they will be looking more for information regarding you, so mother might have told them everything.

Your mother might be trying to force you to re-experience what she experienced those years ago.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Homeschoolmom7

Postby Homeschoolmom7 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:50 pm

monkette31 wrote:To me this sounds like excellent news, with police and police investigator present, there must be no warrant for the kids, to pick them up. Yep, they wanted to barge in and use the police as intimidators while they trampled around your house and threatened to take your children. I am glad at least you have a meeting scheduled, as it sounds like there is no warrant at this point.

Information killed the cat. They know your mother's cps history as she has told them, that makes your family a target to them, prior family cps involvement checkmarks do exist and count as points against your family. I don't think you have to reveal all you know about your mother's hx with mental illness, at the meeting they will be looking more for information regarding you, so mother might have told them everything.

Your mother might be trying to force you to re-experience what she experienced those years ago.

You're right...this in of itself was a relief! I also do very much agree...my mom is sick and clearly she has no qualms about endangering my parenting relationship with MY children. Truthfully, this is the hardest pill to swallow. My mom and I have never been close but I, at the very least, never thought she'd throw my husband or myself under the bus like she did. That, I cannot and will not forgive..EVER.
As far as how to tip toe with the SW during the CPS interview...what do you suggest?
I fully, as of now, intend to dance around uncomfortable questions with questions in return...I always enjoy watching them attempt to cover their frustrations when I do that;)
What do you suggest I say regarding my mom's mental health/past? Should I down play it as much as possible? Generally speaking...at this 'accusation interviews' (as I so affectionately call them) I generally deny deny deny denydeny...and then for good measure....deny some more. I go by the rule of...black of white but never grey! If a SW asks if I drink...instead of saying, "Well occasionally I drink while out with friends or date night..." I make a clear concise NO. A yes turns into grounds for alcohol abuse... :?

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:35 am

Homeschoolmom7 wrote:What do you suggest I say regarding my mom's mental health/past? Should I down play it as much as possible?

Something like, "Mental illness does not automatically indicate that someone will be physically violent, but it is a risk factor. I've always watched her carefully for signs of her inability to maintain composure around the children. I was especially vigilant when we had our first born. In the entire 8 years, this was the first indication of physical violence that we saw. Because of her unapproved physical discipline of our son, coupled with the fact that she tried to deflect it by accusing my husband of abuse, we've deemed her as unsafe. Although what she did does not rise to the level of physical abuse according to the law, it was not acceptable to us as parents. To protect my family, she won't be allowed around the children."

You might even add in a comment about how you've got a firm grip on assessing the situation and CPS intervention is not necessary.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:20 am

Homeschoolmom7 wrote: If a SW asks if I drink...instead of saying, "Well occasionally I drink while out with friends or date night..." I make a clear concise NO. A yes turns into grounds for alcohol abuse... :?

In my case, the SW asked (per her form), "How many times a month do you drink alcohol?"

I replied, "I drink 2-3 times a YEAR." It ended up in the report that I drink 2-3 a MONTH. Sigh. No big deal in the end, but I like your perspective better. Mathematically, I should have said zero, but if I had said "one third" it probably would have ended up as "one to three times a month" anyhow. Pfffft... whatever... it's not an issue and they didn't make it an issue. Even the pot they didn't care about... they asked if Dad used drugs and I said, "since I've known him, in 21 years, he smoked pot one time about 20 years ago" and the SW actually said, "we don't care about marijuana."

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:28 pm

I admitted to drinking a wine cooler one time several years ago. The worker wrote up that I was a recovering alcoholic. I didn't even drink a whole one. My mother and I shared a wine cooler New Years Eve. But that is the way social workers think.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

MaggieNYC

Postby MaggieNYC » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Look ,you call you self a Homeschoolmom. I have great respect for homeschooling but there is a law for this and you should be registered as a home schooler. You should have done this from the get go. You can't just call yourself a home schooler. I venture to say that the Home School Legal Team turned you down because you actually have no ties to homeschooling, just what you think it might be.

Sorry to be so brutal and blunt but it is what it is.

Had you registered, had you become part of the home school movement, you perhaps would not have found yourself i nthe place you are in now.

Sorry, I have no pity for you.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:58 pm

MaggieNYC wrote:Look ,you call you self a Homeschoolmom. I have great respect for homeschooling but there is a law for this and you should be registered as a home schooler. You should have done this from the get go. You can't just call yourself a home schooler. I venture to say that the Home School Legal Team turned you down because you actually have no ties to homeschooling, just what you think it might be.

Had you registered, had you become part of the home school movement, you perhaps would not have found yourself i nthe place you are in now.

What are you talking about??? None of her situations/allegations have anything to do homeschooling! Look:

Homeschoolmom7 wrote:Previously, our family has had MANY run ins with CPS. Aside from the last, all were a result of a 'tit for tat' game between my X and I. He could not contact me directly (restraining order) so he used CPS as a form of harassment. Every case has been unfounded and closed with a notice in the mail within a week. All together, in the last 4 years, he's called CPS somewhere around a dozen or more times. Every case has been 'unfounded and closed"

furthermore....
Homeschoolmom7 wrote: My oldest 2 are school age and are legally homeschooled. My little ones are very young and not even verbal at this point. I've followed all of our states' rules/regulations and I'm certain she can't prove otherwise.

.... and now they are there because of wandering toddlers. This has NOTHING to do with her perfectly legal homeschooling.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Well, here's the thing about your mother's mental illness and history with cps... Whatever it is or isn't, cps is and has already started this out with her, they will use her mental illness and you knowing about it against you. If you deny it, then they will use her words regarding your family against you, without any mention of her mental illness or previous cps history so either way, they use whatever they can to get what they want.

I doubt they will try and charge her with anything as they have nothing to gain by doing so but for your family they will try and charge you with anything because you are the parents, if they protect the kids from her, they get nothing. If though, they can connive a way to protect them from you and your husband, they will get paid. Good luck tomorrow. ttys.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Homeschoolmom7

Postby Homeschoolmom7 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 pm

MaggieNYC wrote:Look ,you call you self a Homeschoolmom. I have great respect for homeschooling but there is a law for this and you should be registered as a home schooler. You should have done this from the get go. You can't just call yourself a home schooler. I venture to say that the Home School Legal Team turned you down because you actually have no ties to homeschooling, just what you think it might be.

Whoa...I don't even know where to begin with this mess you've spewed...
First, I am very much a 'home school mom'...
Second, the ASSumption you've made that I'm not legally registered with the DPI is asinine. I never stated or even alluded to the fact that I'm not 'legally' homeschooling. For your information I am legally homeschooling, going above and beyond our state's requirements. My children belong to a homeschool group, socialize with other home schooled children are thriving, all while LEGALLY being homeschooled children. Perhaps next time simply asking if I'm following the rules would bode better than making assumptions.
Oops, I need to add that while I can appreciate your "guessing' technique to determine why HSLDA didn't accept my membership, I must tell you to avoid any further assumptions;
When I spoke to a representative last November, I explained my history with CPS. I was forthcoming with the fact that I've had several CPS cases opened against me in the last 5 years (one of the application questions asks this exactly). The representative was kind and honest and explained that, given my history with CPS, I'd most likely not be accepted given my 'risk/liability'. I appreciated her honesty and from their standpoint...I agree. For a mere $100-$150...and my history with CPS...I'd drain their legal team, using up more than my fair share of representation. So...here I sit :wink:
Last edited by Homeschoolmom7 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Homeschoolmom7

Postby Homeschoolmom7 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:18 pm

monkette31 wrote:Well, here's the thing about your mother's mental illness and history with cps... Whatever it is or isn't, cps is and has already started this out with her, they will use her mental illness and you knowing about it against you. If you deny it, then they will use her words regarding your family against you, without any mention of her mental illness or previous cps history so either way, they use whatever they can to get what they want.

I doubt they will try and charge her with anything as they have nothing to gain by doing so but for your family they will try and charge you with anything because you are the parents, if they protect the kids from her, they get nothing. If though, they can connive a way to protect them from you and your husband, they will get paid. Good luck tomorrow. ttys.
I agree with everything (as tough as that is to swallow)...At this point I've done my research...gotten excellent advice from this board...schooled and schooled my kids and now we're lining up on the front lines. I really can only hope for the best and pray for the best result. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the response:)

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:33 am

Homeschoolmom7 wrote:...At this point I've done my research...gotten excellent advice from this board...schooled and schooled my kids and now we're lining up on the front lines. I really can only hope for the best and pray for the best result. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the response:)

After today's refreshing myself on your history, given you've had 10+ unfounded visits from them, I think you should give some serious thought to filing an injunction against CPS for harassment. Here are the forms: http://www.wicourts.gov/forms1/circuit/ ... ategory=20

Homeschoolmom7

Postby Homeschoolmom7 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:40 am

Eljay wrote:
Homeschoolmom7 wrote:...At this point I've done my research...gotten excellent advice from this board...schooled and schooled my kids and now we're lining up on the front lines. I really can only hope for the best and pray for the best result. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the response:)

After today's refreshing myself on your history, given you've had 10+ unfounded visits from them, I think you should give some serious thought to filing an injunction against CPS for harassment. Here are the forms: http://www.wicourts.gov/forms1/circuit/ ... ategory=20

This is AWESOME! I'd neer though/knew this was possible! What will filing an injunction do? I was under the impression that you could not get a gov. agency to NOT make contact with you, just as no one can force someone NOT to call CPS on you?

Homeschoolmom7

Postby Homeschoolmom7 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Well.......I STILL HAVE MY KIDS!!
I really didn't think I would...but we aren't out of the woods yet!
Today went pretty well...of course I'm still a paranoid mess but all things considering...I'm pleased. The SW that came was the same worker from my "toddler escape case". And guess what...she told us today that case has been closed and labeled as unfounded!!!
A family friend video taped the entire interview with the SWs permission from the moment she walked in the door. Immediately I asked for her supervisors name and number (which I think confused her a bit). I asked for all allegations to be repeated slowly so I could write each down as well as capture them on tape. Luckily, several were factually false (I.e where my kids once attended school and a few other things that were just off) At one point once the SW mentioned there were allegations that we had multiple dogs I corrected her and asked if she was sure the report was meant for my family. Also, when discussing one specific allegation that my 'dogs' (we do only have one) were aggressive and may have led to my son's nose injury, the SW admitted that the intake person had asked and suggested if possibly one of my dogs (again only ONE) could have caused my son's nose injury (opposed to my husband)...the 'anonymous' reporter agreed that it was possible! I pointed out that unless I was mistaken it was my husband that was being accused of my son's nose injury, but in actuality it appeared to be the dog that was being blamed? The SW agreed :roll: I then asked if the intake personal always lead their callers to answers not originally given and she said..."sometimes" Good grief...
Anyhow, everything went smoothly. Some allegations (in regards to my son's nose injury case) were absolutely ludacris. It was reported that I took my kids from school and chose to homeschool merely to avoid CPS, my kids can't play outside because of our fear of CPS, my multiple dogs are violent etc. The SW questioned each of my 3 older kids and everything went fairly well until my eldest was asked if she was on vacation the day before the "grandma slapping incident' occurred and she said...."I don't think so..." Then, the SW asked me if I was aware that another SW had come over and was urgently trying to get a hold of me and my children, and I responded, "I'm not sure...did I miss an appointment we had?" To which she replied, "no they didn't have an appointment but came immediately over as soon as the report was received.." I said in no uncertain terms, "I'm not sure if they were over, we receive a lot of knocks on the door during the day...we'd been on vacation so it's possible we missed them, but in general I don't answer the door if I'm not expecting company." She looked irritated at best :lol: Then she asked me why my daughter would say that we hadn't been on vacation and I said.."I have no idea, such a timeline is difficult to to keep track of when you're 10" She said..."When did you get home the day before your mom came over?" I replied, "I don't know..."in the afternoon" She asked where my husband had been and I immediately said "working"....but now I'm second guessing whether he was working or not...It's hard for me to remember what days he had off two weeks ago if no events of importance actually occurred that day. She did state that she would be speaking with my mom regarding our accusations regarding my son's nose and would be in contact this week. This is where I started feeling sick....
My mom is going to give this SW more information than anyone could ever need or want. I have no doubt she will dig us into a hole. She will mention everything from us being 'poor parents' (in her opinion) to the fact that my husband and I saw a marriage counselor. The SW is going to have a field day! The thing is...My husband's story, my story and my kids stories all match regarding how my son's nose injury and parenting in general. If my mom throws out a bunch of incredible allegations when she meets with the social worker can she open up a brand new case on us? If so....this could go on forever!!
Last edited by Homeschoolmom7 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

noroses4u2c

Re: Kept them at bay **UPDATE #5...The meeting**

Postby noroses4u2c » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:42 pm

You all really need to move out of the area and not let your mom know where you went. This will not stop until you lose your kids otherwise.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Sounds pretty darn good at the moment. WRT them speaking with your mother and new "allegations" .... keep in mind that CPS has an obligation to "screen out" any calls that do NOT equate to child abuse. In fact, based on your state's laws, even the alleged slap should have been screen out because that is NOT child abuse! At a certain point, you need to go on the offensive defense (okay, I just made that up) and pursue charges against those making false reports and/or get CPS to back off because their inability to screen out invalid calls amounts to harassment on their part.

You've very much been on the defensive, it seems, but you need to put these people on notice and tell them that their constant presence in your life is starting to have a negative impact on your children's confidence and ability to function without constant fear of being taken away. Enough is enough! Maybe you should have a talk with the supervisor and say, "Listen.... there has GOT to be a point at which you all realize that we are a perfectly safe and loving family. Would that take 500 unfounded investigations? 200? 50? 15? Just WHAT is the number?" There's got to be a point where the misdirection of THEIR efforts has a negative impact on the welfare of the children who REALLY need their attention. Try to pin them down on just when this has got to stop (I suggest yesterday) and then work with them to make it happen.

family_man

Postby family_man » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:57 am

You shouldn't move out of the area as long as you have an open case with CPS. They will find you, and refer the case to CPS in the new location. Who knows how that will work out. Move out after the case closes, and if you can't or don't want to, then follow the advice of Eljay regarding harrassment.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Daxx27

Re: Two years later

Postby Daxx27 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:30 pm

The OP has been through the wringer in the last year and a half.

She is now divorced and has been given sole legal custody of her children, her older three from her ex and her younger children by her ex-husband. She had two different guardian ad-litems in her life for a year. As precaution, CPS also did home visits due to alleged abuse from now ex-husband. She fully worked with all parties and had an awesome attorney.

Fast forward just three months since this has all ended and her custody and divorce are final. She lives one county over in a house she bought. Everything is well. Oldest three had to go to public school this past school year due to the court system not allowing her to homeschool. Her 2nd oldest has verifiably been diagnosed on the autism spectrum (before she had to put him in school) and she was able to get him an IEP as soon as school started last year.

In comes along CPS...

The allegations are that she has no food in her home and that she leaves her children unattended for days at a time. She can't possibly take care of 8 children on her own. They received the same report 3 times.

CPS showed up. When she refused to let them in, CPS called the police. The police tried to persuade her. She didn't budge. She only talked to them through her locked screen door and had them leave their card on the porch. She then arranged an appointment for them to come on Friday.

She had a special education teacher present when CPS showed up. The allegations were so incredibly false, she didn't think to videotape it. She thought this was an easy fight.

CPS was frantic and mad. She'd refused them entry originally. They showed up with 2 caseworkers, police and "the van." They interviewed her 12 yr old for 3 hours in the van. CPS had an agenda and had already intended to take her children.

At first CPS said she could keep her children as long as she was supervised. The special education teacher said she would stay. No, that wasn't good enough. The children had to be removed. Five adults plus her lawyer ended up at the house. There was absolutely nothing anyone could do to dissuade them from taking the children. A few adults went to consult upstairs privately about who would take which children. CPS came upstairs and said she left her children alone downstairs and she's an unfit mother. They were making things up as they went along. The children were not alone. A family friend stayed downstairs specifically to watch them.

CPS would not allow the children to go to anyone but family. Her sister took two of the children, her mother (the abuser she hasn't had contact with in two years) was given two children and the rest went to her ex-husband's father. CPS took her nursing 8.5 month old (baby is with her sister). (She barely found out she was pregnant when her then husband served her with divorce papers.) She knew to remain calm as her children would feed off her emotions. She was then accused by CPS of being detached from her children.

OP isn't functioning well. She was so blindsided. I'm posting in hopes she'll come here for help. I've quoted certain advice for her from here. She goes to court Tuesday.

I hope she can gain some fighting power. I hope she can give more details than I have.

Daxx27

Postby Daxx27 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Her mother is the one who called!!!!

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:05 pm

What is the status of this?

The OP's mother is toxic. So long as the woman knew where the OP was she was going to keep going after her until she lost the kids.

Return to “CPS Investigations”