Banned from contacting CPS, who has custody of my kid

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

brookeycookie

Banned from contacting CPS, who has custody of my kid

Postby brookeycookie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:20 am

Ha. CPS still holds legal custody of my daughter. Her dad has temporary physical placement. I still have case plans, home visits, court ordered hoops to jump through. They still hold all legal, medical, and mental health decisions over my daughter along with the "team". The team being CPS, me, her dad, my lawyer, dads lawyer, cps lawyer, guardian ad litim lawyer, CASA volunteer, three therapists, juvenile officer and a random community member who's not so random.

After my last home visit, in which I had a heated conversation with Mrs. Caseworker, I've received zero communication. I am told by the front desk clerk that I'm now banned from contact of ANY CPS employee. Paaleeeze!! I'm not surprised, but it is almost comical the lack of consistency, professionalism, knowledge, and compliance to the LAW this agency has.

Keep me from inquiring about my baby? I think not. Avoid my questions when they get hard? Only temporarily. Pretend I'm not there and I'll go away? Um....wrong.

Side note: Thank God, this website, a few of you specifically, AFR, and my strong mother instinct, that there IS a place you finally get to in all this, that you no longer fear CPS. I'm so NOT scared, that I'm actually looking forward to court. ... incompetent schmucks.

family_man

Re: Banned from contacting CPS, who has custody of my kid

Postby family_man » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 am

I would say that this cutoff in direct communication between yourself and your caseworkers is normal at this stage, and is in fact overdue. My guess is that the caseworkers are following the legal advice of their attorneys (the assistant DAs) not to talk to you, because the attorneys don't want the workers to reveal information to you that might jeopardize their case against you, or that you might use against them.

I know that as my case was approaching trial, my attorney banned me from talking directly to a caseworker for the same reason. I would imagine you could still communicate through your own attorney, or to the caseworker when everyone's lawyer is present.

You've put them on notice that you might be suing them. This puts their attorneys on edge. It would have been better had you not spouted off, but that's in the past now and nothing can be done about it.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Beatthescammers

Postby Beatthescammers » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:49 pm

They are a public agency supported by your tax dollars. Unless they get a restraining order against you, they can't ban you. How ridiculous. LOL I'd call the monster (knowing she can't return your calls) once in a while, just to torment her, a subtle reminder that YOUR day in court is coming. :D

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:08 pm

I have a God given right to know when my daughter is going to the visit building, so I can meet her. To know if she's sick, hurt, or dead. To ask about her wellbeing. I do not care about their attorney. Or their court agenda. I'm not a lawyer, I'm a mother. I understand the levelheaded explanation and I'm sure that's the case, but I will not stop inquiring. Period. If they'd like to ban me, they can get a restraining order. I call once per week and will continue. I do it professionally, with legit questions I'm entitled to know. I'm also glad they know I'm suing the pants off them. What they've done is illegal, immoral and unconscionable. I'm going to stop them.

family_man

Postby family_man » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:41 am

I like your fighting spirit, but nobody is trying to restrain what you do (yet). It is the caseworkers who are being restrained from talking to you, either out of arrogance, or on the advice of their attorneys who don't want them giving you any more ammunition. Yes, it is your right to inquire about your own child, but you probably won't get too much information out of them right now. It might be more fruitful to inquire through your attorney. Also, do they use email?

How much longer before your trial? Until then, my advice (for what it's worth) is to avoid any more implied "threats" or saber-rattling on either side. There's still a good chance the other side will cave in to your demands and settle out of court, just to avoid an embarrassing spectacle for the department.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:27 am

I agree, I'm just so mad.

Yes they email. I have over 600 emails in my "take to court" file. 41 of which are damaging proof against them. Although I doubt I get any further emails.

I'm sure you're right and they are being restricted by the cps lawyer but I'm so pissed words don't do it justice.

Court:

Monday- to get my punishment for not paying the crooked shrink her 22k in full and for breaking that court order.

26th- eight hour civil modification trial.

27th- eight hour juvenile court cps trial.

Trials, not hearings.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:35 am

I don't know how you're doing it, but the anger sometimes almost overtakes me. I am glad you are keeping busy. I didn't know why they cut off communication with me when they did, but I guess it makes sense, the day they terminated my re-unification. Finally got a little work, not much but I am glad I am busy too. I wish I could be there with you BrookeyCookie and I hope you have some friends to help you through next week.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

family_man

Postby family_man » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:54 pm

My experience with CPS is that they are more concerned about covering their backsides and looking good in court than they are about the genuine welfare of the children they "protect."

Your ex, on the other hand, has different motives. I think he's real concerned about what might come out of your daughter's mouth if you ever regain partial custody over her. So as things stand right now, he's unlikely to settle his custody dispute with you out of court. On the other hand, if your attorney were to drop a hint to your ex's attorney that your side is prepared to introduce incriminating evidence at the trial, your ex might change his mind. He might offer you a 50-50 deal, just so that alleged evidence never sees the light of day. If he did that, would you accept? (I don't think I would, but it's your decision. Don't answer the question online.)

Your CPS trial is going to be a circus, unless they settle at the last minute.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Monkette, you'll be at court with me. At least in my head.

Family man, circus is underestimating. Lol. When cps ordered therapists, cps visit monitors, guardian ad litems, who go to these "shows" all the time, all say they don't wanna go because it's the ugliest they've seen, ya, I'm sure it'll be ugly. I'm still shaking my head at how I ended up in this. 18months ago we were a normal everyday family.

On the settlement deal, well, they can read this and guess to their little cold hearts desire. I'm sure I'll be bombarded with printouts of my online postings. I am prepared. I should be a flippn administrative office manager by looking at my "I'm prepared" pile of documents. When they kidnap your toddler, you're left with lotsa time to "prepare" and lotsa motivation to do it. At least in my case.

Return to “CPS Investigations”