My prayer request...

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

brookeycookie

My prayer request...

Postby brookeycookie » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Please, if you pray, pray for my daughter tomorrow at 1:30pm central. My "pre-trial" conference is directly after "payment allocation "I court. Trial is Thursday and Friday. Just pray for Brookey's true best interest, and for a breath of fairness and compassion to be breathed into the judge. The money hearing isn't important. The informal wagering after, THAT'S IMPORTANT. As confident as I am about my trial, I'm scared to death.

family_man

Re: My prayer request...

Postby family_man » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:05 pm

You certainly have my prayers and well wishes. Yours is one of the most terrible examples of the misuse of power I've heard of.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:57 am

I will be thinking of you at 11am and beyond....we will all be thinking of you.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

treytrey1

Postby treytrey1 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:33 am

Im praying right now as it is 1:30 my time. I pray your daughters best interest is thought of and not
cps just wanting to get you.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Well guys, today was supposed to be a hearing to force me to pay 22thousand to tge cps shrink. I have to pay her 6k, 4k which I've paid already, and any further payments will have to brought to court by her.

A pre-trial settlement conference was after court. While my ex and I are still not in agreement, cps has been only after me (not dad).

CPS dropped out. They didn't want to go to trial Friday. They didn't want my recordings entered. They turned over custody to both parents with the understanding Thursday we battle it out in family court. They dropped all against me and my son.

I agreed, with the stipulation that I reserve all rights to bring a suit separately against the four individual workers who damaged my family maliciously.

So....some good some bad. Everyone agrees I won't win against my ex and I will get every other weekend and pay him child support. Everyone agrees I may win against cps if I sue.

Still, she lives primarily with the dad that molested her. I need tgerapy now. All in all a good day. Toniggt is my last supervised visit! !! Starting Friday I get regular unsupervised every other weekend and 5hours Thursdays. Then depending on Thursdays trial.......

family_man

Postby family_man » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:02 pm

I thought your attorney was on your side in your custody battle. Didn't he say you'd get at least 50-50 custody? Is he among those who "agree" that you will get every other weekend? What has changed???
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Good news... I'm so happy to hear that the CPS torment is nearing an end.

I am praying for your daughter to live with you again.

I've been reading a book ... Why does he do that? ... by Lundy Bancroft. He's very insightful about abusive men and several times points out that CPS is wrong in how they handle cases involving abusive men. I wish he could be your expert witness in court!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:46 pm

My lawyer says I can get 50/50 but not sole, because all expert witnesses say either dad or 50/50. Everyone else says I'll be lucky to get every other weekend and pay him child support. Judge says "we'll see these two again. We'll see another modification within the year". Not sure what he meant by that. He did tell the cps lawyer "They should hope this woman doesn't sue" but didn't punish cps in any way other than ordering them out effective immediately after they already backed out. It's strictly civil now, and I'm nervous, but modification can be argued for.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:52 pm

hmmmm...I think yup, they're going to stamp the visits as you say and then I think the judge knows you can come in at a later date and get more time, 50/50. At this point they're probably looking for sneaky ways to protect themselves. It's actually so good they dropped out. I THINK IT'S THE BEST NEWS EVER. I still like the idea of you running into them coincidentally from time to time, lol, scares the ever living crap out of them when "we" run into them, cause they know they're all guilty. I even had a social worker move on me, so damn scared of her own google results.....
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Getting them on the stand on Thursday, can't wait to hear the pack of lies that come out of their mouths. Online social workers...ha.

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:32 am

I hope this is good news.

Your girl shouldn't have been taken from you in the first place.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Cowards. At least the judge put them on notice.

Sigh. One more day.
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Return to “CPS Investigations”