CPS officially out!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

brookeycookie

CPS officially out!

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:08 pm

I have to be careful here, due to future lawsuits, so bear with me. I'm aloud to state names, even though none of you know them, and I'm going to...because it's therapy to finally be able to.

[Names edited out by family_man]

My 50/50 custody begins August 5, 22012, 16months after they kidnapped her.

family_man

Re: CPS officially out!

Postby family_man » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Yeah!!!! That's terrific news!! However, as the judge said, "They haven't seen the last of you yet."

Unfortunately, I don't think we can allow you to post the names of caseworkers on this board, since it goes against Linda's policy:

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=12275

The exception would be if these names appeared in a publicly accessible news article or court decision (such as an appeals court or supreme court).
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Agreed on nixing the names. A better place to out them is: http://ratemycaseworker.com/

Glad to hear they are out. Wow... what the hell were they thinking??? I wonder if they do this to all families or was it just because your ex was buddies with everyone?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:42 pm

I hope you get your baby back.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:16 pm

Forgot all about the no name rule. I'd been keeping them under wraps for my own sake. Still, felt good to type them out even if they had to be deleted. (Sorry Linda).

It's not ideal, and I've mixed emotions about 50/50 with a molester. But it's what I had to swallow for now to get cps out.

Oh dear Lord, the wolves were foaming at the mouth today. They see it as victory, then asked to stay for the show at my civil trial. They were allowed. Grr. And when they heard 50/50 the queen be about jumped up. Judge sent her outside for contempt.

And the fake shaking of hands, chuckling, etc, made me puke. Like high fives and "good game" to the other team after football. The cps chicks came to me and said "well we won't be seeing you anymore, good luck". My reply, "I you'll see me, don't worry". Then they got this confused look.

GAL same thing. Stuck her hand out to shake, wishing me luck. I ignored her so she walked away.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:25 pm

August 5, I drive to dads and drive away with her. Weird feeling, like it's not real. Praise God for that. Nasty clause: my son can't see her until he undergoes a polygraph and I re-visit this in court. Nobody accused him officially and I fought hard for him. He doesn't have to move out, but can't see her at all when she's home(which is 50%)because of "concerns".

Yes, I'll re-visit that in court. I'll also re-visit cps in court, but I'll be plaintiff rather than respondent.

family_man

Postby family_man » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:03 pm

About your son: You'd better keep him away from her a little while longer. That way nobody can acuse him if any more STDs show up.

Make no mistake: today's ruling is a huge step forward for you and your family. But I'm curious: Did you ask for full custody or for only 50-50? It was pretty clear that CPS was discredited by the judge, so anything they said would have been discounted. Maybe if you had asked for full, you would have gotten it. It seems clear to me that the only just solution to this whole affair is for you to get full custody, and your ex to get supervised visits every other weekend, that he has to pay for. You also deserve damages from CPS for all you have suffered. I suspect things will get really nasty if you now go on the offensive with either CPS or your ex. So brace yourself for it!

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:42 pm

I asked for full. Dad asked for full. We got 50/50. I'm moving my son to his grown cousins whom I trust. It's heartbreaking, but I've no choice until we go back for modification.

Cps was discredited however the same "experts" and lawyers and hudge heard the civil case. No doubt they were extremely biased and angry cps got tossed out. family court, regular family court, is nearly as corrupt as cps. At least mine was.

I know what it takes now. I'll go back when a modification is in order. Going before will only cost money and prolong agony.

I've been studying lawsuits against caseworkers. Immunity is a tricky thing. I believe suing each individual caseworker gives better odds, as partial immunity there is fairly easy to debunk. Suing cps or state or county, in my opinion, would just be years of agony with no result.

My ex, well, I've confidence he'll break the parenting plan over and over. I'm confident I'll achieve showing my sons innocence through experts. I'm confident I'll be able to modify custody eventually. It's bitter sweet, victory of beating cps but hopelessness she lives with her abuser.

I pray I've gotten close enough that he'll never touch her again. I pray he doesn't mess with her head. It was either take 50/50 now with option to modify later, or not get her at all. At least in that particular court on this particular day, with all authorities pissed at me for winning the juvenile case. ....winning....such a non word.

But!!!....she's coming home! Every Sunday, every monday, every Thursday, every other friday, every other holiday, 3wks /summer, 1wk christmas, and hopefully full time when I re-visit modification. Can't do that until my ducks are in a row.

No cps....weird. I'd gotten used to fighting them. :)

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:01 am

Well, it can only get better and you really saw it through. Wow, re-union count down time!
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:53 am

Why do you have to go to his house? Can't you meet at a "neutral" location? I put that in quotes because my first thought would be the police station parking lot, except how far does his buddy network spread? The idea is that you agree to meet there at, say , 5:00. You go 15 minutes early and explain that you would like the exchange observed. When he doesn't show up, or shows up late, or is hostile, you've got back-up. But, then again, maybe not. :/
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:35 am

It was a rather ugly, very long, trial. We went back and so long i cant remember how long. The parenting plan is like the bible. (Not really but you know what I mean). We follow it to the letter or bring the other in contempt. It's written I go to daycare to get her some days and his house some days. He picks her up at daycare some days and my house some days. Bet your ass my recorder will be rolling.

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:58 am

Yes, and the person who violates the parenting plan the most, is also most likely to have his/her % custody reduced, the next time it goes back to court.

brookeycookie wrote:I believe suing each individual caseworker gives better odds, as partial immunity there is fairly easy to debunk. Suing cps or state or county, in my opinion, would just be years of agony with no result.

Case workers are relatively low-paid workers. If you're looking for monetary restitution, you won't get much from them. The CPS department is where the money is, but as you say, their limited immunity makes your case difficult. In my case, thoughts of suing went away soon after my family was reunited. In your case, you really need to get full custody so you can move away. Even though CPS is out of your life for the moment, they will hop back into it as soon as any further report is filed. It could be filed by your ex or anybody.

brookeycookie

Postby brookeycookie » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Agreed.

(Not suing for money, although that'd be nice. I want them out of the baby stealing business )

Return to “CPS Investigations”