Injury to a child while in cps care

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

loki

Injury to a child while in cps care

Postby loki » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:09 pm

we have a three year old daughter in temp foter care in ky.they meaning our five kids all split into five foster homes.all separated.we only get to see our kids once a week under supervised visitation.the kids have that one hour to see us and each other.my three yr old daughter has multiple bruises on her face and legs.my so called appointed atty calls cps and tells them about the injuries.it was blown off as an ,"accident" cps put in the report minor bruising.for two yrs trhey have filed lie after lie on us.we are headed for a disposition tomorrow.our side has never been heard.(gag order)what can we do?plz give us your advice we are worried sick about our five babies.the case began on school absence alone and next thing we know we are hit with every neglect charge possible.we are totally in the dark.nobody will listen.

Eljay

Re: Injury to a child while in cps care

Postby Eljay » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:10 am

For TWO YEARS???? Where are you in the legal process? Most CPS agencies would have done a TPR by now.

Is there anyone in your family, or friends, who could take the kids?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:48 am

Yes, KY is really horrible. My case will be dragged out for two years this upcoming January. They just drag it out. You are the norm for KY.

My daughter was mentally, emotionally, and psychologically abused by the foster parents, her CPS therapists, and the case workers. That is the norm for KY as well. For everything they accuse you of, they do it much more and get away with it.

I hope you get your babies back. If you do, move out of KY and don't look back. Most parents in KY never get their children back though. I have seen it go on since I moved out here to other parents. Every last one of them did their case plan and not a single one of them ever got their children back. I already knew when my girl was taken that I'd probably never get her back. It is still devastating. I know your pain very well. I hope you get them back. I really do.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

loki

Postby loki » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Eljay wrote:For TWO YEARS???? Where are you in the legal process? Most CPS agencies would have done a TPR by now.

Is there anyone in your family, or friends, who could take the kids?

currently at disposition.my court appointed lawyer will not listen and cps wont let my family have the kids due to residing out of state.

loki

Postby loki » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:53 pm

things i have learned from parents living in ky is to get your quality assessment report.review it.find all untrue facts and file amendments and make cps change the report.file a complaint in detail everytime they miss a home visit this is denial of service..i am just passing info from what others here have done.so many parents dont know how to fight back and its sad.we need to reach out.may god bless these families.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:28 pm

loki wrote:things i have learned from parents living in ky is to get your quality assessment report.review it.find all untrue facts and file amendments and make cps change the report.file a complaint in detail everytime they miss a home visit this is denial of service..i am just passing info from what others here have done.so many parents dont know how to fight back and its sad.we need to reach out.may god bless these families.

Are these CPS reports/amendements or court amendments? Same with complaints... are you filing with CPS or with the court?

I'm not sure what "disposition" is in the order of things (in CA)... what is that in layman's terms? And are they working towards reunification?

So had the kids missed more than 30 days at the time this started?
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

loki

Postby loki » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:17 pm

disposition is where they decide if they come home or gets moved to a permanancy.my daughter had adhd and was homeschooled.they ordered her back into public school and all the homeschool days were unexcused.and im filing the amendments thru cps making them change the false things to the actual facts.one dirty dish is all it takes to crumble a family.as far as reunification i have been following my case plan all along and they sound like a broken record.same thing is being done wrong on our part.im so lost i dont know what to do no matter how much we comply the more they lie.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:11 pm

loki wrote:disposition is where they decide if they come home or gets moved to a permanancy.my daughter had adhd and was homeschooled.they ordered her back into public school and all the homeschool days were unexcused.and im filing the amendments thru cps making them change the false things to the actual facts.one dirty dish is all it takes to crumble a family.as far as reunification i have been following my case plan all along and they sound like a broken record.same thing is being done wrong on our part.im so lost i dont know what to do no matter how much we comply the more they lie.

Well... the main thing is that you need to quit fighting with CPS. They do NOT have your family's best interest in mind... it's all about the money. You need to present your evidence to the judge. He/she is the one making all of the important decisions. It's sad, but the way it usually works is that parents try to get CPS to see their perspective, and CPS twists their words into something horrible. CPS writes a report to the court stating that you've not progressed, or there are new issues, and you stand there in court with your flaccid court-appointed attorney and the judge does whatever CPS says because nobody is speaking up on your behalf.

So, read up here and make sure that you file a Declaration of Facts and Objections and Corrections to the report of the social worker:

http://fightcps.com/
http://fightcps.com/2008/05/25/who-will ... your-case/
http://fightcps.com/2007/08/20/make-you ... k-for-you/
http://fightcps.com/2010/12/22/how-to-w ... the-court/
http://fightcps.com/2011/05/09/sample-s ... al-worker/

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:17 am

flaccid court-appointed attorney
- ah ha ha ha...
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

loki

Postby loki » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:37 pm

will give it a try and if my so called atty wont file it i sure will.thank you

loki

need answer asap

Postby loki » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:32 pm

in ky.my five yr old sons photo is in the newspaper in a class picture.i didnt sign any paper givin permission for any of my kids to be photographed.is it legal.also is it legal for casa to go round breakin in houses and transporting kids.this is bulls!$!

family_man

Re: need answer asap

Postby family_man » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Do you have legal custody of your son? If you do, the school may not take pictures of your son without your permission. However, I'm not sure what you can do about it after the picture has been published.

CASA has no right to do anything without the permission of whomever has custody of the child. They certainly cannot "break into" a house.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

loki

need answer asap

Postby loki » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:39 pm

im in ky.i saw my sons photo in the newspaper with his class.i didnt sign no ppaper for him to be photographed.also is it legal for casa to be transporting my kids?i thought only the cabinet could transport

noroses4u2c

Postby noroses4u2c » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:32 pm

If you don't have legal custody then you cannot control that stuff anymore.

Save the picture for your scrapbook.

KY rarely ever gives the children back.
My child was abducted by the government. They demanded a ransom (the case plan). I paid the ransom and my child was kept anyway. It isn't much different from stranger abduction except that the government uses its power to make the abduction legal and unpunishable.

loki

Postby loki » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:53 am

they have temp custody right now.i have paid the ransom case plan for two yrs.i dont know what my parental rights allows me to do.i am tryin to file an appeal nobody will do it til i get the kids back.the timeframe will be up by then and i dont know if even i will ever get em back.have i lost them forever or is there hope?

loki

asvice plz

Postby loki » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:07 pm

we have fought for two yrs now.in may they got temp custody of my babies.all the while they lied they fabricated they used the color of law against us.now we have a new worker as well as a new casa worker and lemme tell you casa is out to get us.the woman broke in our formr home just to get a dig.2nd time they went to the same house and tried the doors.now at the house we live in casa made a statement she has the police watchin my car and my comings and goings.i called the officer bout this and she said she never made that statement to casa.any advice would be a big help.and right now im in a disposition whats their next step?what can i do?

Eljay

Re: asvice plz

Postby Eljay » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:49 pm

In order to help you, the fastest and easiest way, is to tell us:

1. What state you live in.
2. What CPS says you did, abuse/neglect wise.
3. How much evidence did they present to support their case.
4. What you actually did/did not do compared to what they accused you of.
5. A summary of what has happened in court (i.e. detention hearing in May; trial in June, etc.).

You basically have to spill your guts because it's like a poker game... we have to know what cards CPS has to tell you how to play your hand. Just maintain your anonymity by not posting names, cities or highly specific information.

It's happened way too many times that people post part of their story on here and we're all baffled for why it's going so bad, then someone gets a PM (private message) saying, "I didn't want to post in public, but I also tested positive for meth and have a felony abuse conviction." So... we can't help you if you're not up front with us.

loki

any ideas?

Postby loki » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:49 pm

i went home yesterday after getting a call from my cps worker..of course they left before i got there.we live in an apt building.we found her hair implant in the floor.this is sick..and we get in trouble for one coffee mug?

Eljay

Re: any ideas?

Postby Eljay » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:18 pm

loki wrote:i went home yesterday after getting a call from my cps worker..of course they left before i got there.we live in an apt building.we found her hair implant in the floor.this is sick..and we get in trouble for one coffee mug?

What is a "hair implant"?????
What do you mean "IN" the floor?
Inside your apartment?

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:42 pm

FYI, I have combined multiple threads of yours into one... since they all deal with one case/family it makes it easier to follow if they are all in one place.

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:32 am

When they went to your house the first time, what's a dig? They been trying to build a case on you to remove for two years now but just removed the kids in May? Is that what you're saying? How do you know they "tried" the doors, is that different than knocking? If your children aren't with you, why are they at your door? Do you have visiting with them?

WHat was the injury to the child?
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “CPS Investigations”