new case newborn taken at one hr old court tomorrow !

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

DesertSkye

new case newborn taken at one hr old court tomorrow !

Postby DesertSkye » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Ive been trying to help a young mom
Her son has a pacemaker but she was in another state and went to hospital er
Without contacting the other drs the er dr called cps
That was several months ago
She has a a rare good court appt attorney who is actually going to bat for her she also has seen a psychiatrist who her attorney reccomened and was in another county
He is willing to refute in court the psych report that cps hsd by their chosen psych...who the court recommended psych said should be fired

Anyway...when the case started she was already expecting
She has no family to turn to for guardianship so the only choice she had wss her roomate
She gave birth this morning an hour later cps took custody of the baby and told her she better show up for court tomorrow they.are not approving of the guardianship but wont say why
Shes accused of munchausens but the atty feels once the medical records are read by judge and with the ngood psycholovist they will win

BUT WHAT TO DO ABOUT NEWBORN AND HEARING TOMORROW
i only have access to my phone right now
Its hard to read and find stuff
And i have no experience in the newborn issue
Please help!
Thanks if can i dont know what if anything we can do and her atty cant help her because shes court appointed and this is a seperste case:(
A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
As much or more we should ourselves complain.
William Shakespeare

DesertSkye

Re: new case newborn taken at one hr old court tomorrow !

Postby DesertSkye » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Please pardon numerous spelling errors trying to hurry and on phone
I do have to correct something though
The psychologist or psychatrist that the attorney recommended
Is the one who said the psych cps chose should be fired from case and lose their license
Thanks again!

William Shakespeare

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Can you tell us what state/county you are in?

CPS took legal custody of the baby and has physical custody. They probably had that right to do, since the older child is in their custody as well.

You should know that CPS has the "placement authority" in court, which means they overrule the judge when it comes to placement. Judge really has no say on where kids are put.

The standard around here seems to be documenting in the court file, via official filings of either Objections and Corrections to the SS workers report or Document of Facts your case. Getting your own FACTS on the case matters especially at appeal time.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm

This girl, here?: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12602

DesertSkye wrote:Her son has a pacemaker but she was in another state and went to hospital er
She gave birth this morning an hour later cps took custody of the baby and told her she better show up for court tomorrow they.are not approving of the guardianship but wont say why
Shes accused of munchausens but the atty feels once the medical records are read by judge and with the ngood psycholovist they will win

BUT WHAT TO DO ABOUT NEWBORN AND HEARING TOMORROW

She should do a Declaration of Facts to assert her innocence, but frankly, I think she's screwed. It's one thing when TPR has happened and a few years later a baby is born... there is case law (that I've lost, LOL) that indicates that CPS has to at least do an initial to assess risk before they can automatically take the new baby, but when there is an open investigation or case and other children have been taken, it's standard operating procedure to take all siblings/newborns.

It's pretty friggin absurd that they are alleging that ANY mother in the world could possibly fabricate enough bogus illness to warrant a doctor putting a pacemaker in! It's not like it's elective surgery!
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

DesertSkye

Postby DesertSkye » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks guys ...woke with wicked headache this morning..will update soon and eljay yes same case...but newborn is being treated az seperate case...they would not let her current atty attend hearing today:( thats why i said new case

William Shakespeare

Eljay

Postby Eljay » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 pm

http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx?pa ... SizeDisp=7

Well.... Not quite a perfect case, but I hope it helpsm
Advice & opinions provided are no substitute for genuine legal assistance. Laws & rules vary by state/jurisdiction so do your homework and get
an education in CPS laws, rules & practices so that you can FIGHT for your children's rights. I am not a lawyer. Your mileage may vary.

----<>----<>----<>---- BREED WITH CAUTION ----<>----<>----<>----

Return to “CPS Investigations”