grandmother brain washing my child to call her mom n& so on

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

greyskyeyes

grandmother brain washing my child to call her mom n& so on

Postby greyskyeyes » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:24 am

My mother, is brainwashing my 2 in a half yr old to call her mom & her husband dad my brothers which her uncle's brothers. She has tempory custody . She was awarded custody feb 14 th 2013. I have had an open cps case going on 2 yrs.for some domestic arguing mostly. I have always had custody till feb when knock on the door was cps and caught my daughters father in here. Our biggest mistake. He has a final restraining order . My daughter and i outside not even in the house with him. We were living seperatly due to being told if i drop restraining order they cps will pick it back up. He dropped off diapers. Cps took her n places with my mom then she wasnt approved n they placed her w a foster home ovr night where we went to court n judge awarded temp custody since then my daughter. My daughter being brain washed , my mom is trying to gain full custody being sneaky n going against me.my lawyer is getting high and not fighting my case. I need help drafting a letter of his resignation . And any help prayers advise very much appreciated my daughter total well being is at stake. I dont know my rights or what to do.my public defender is not advocating or informing me just says be best friends with cps worker my daughter is suffering .

rakhel

Re: grandmother brain washing my child to call her mom n& so

Postby rakhel » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:20 pm

I don't know if this works in every state but what my husband did when he didn't think his lawyers(his on his third and final) were advocating for his, was write a letter to every lawyer and judge involved in our case and sent one to the local bar association.
All it basically said was that my husband didn't feel that his lawyer was working toward my husband's best interest and listed a few examples as to why he(my husband) felt this was the case.
As I said that is how it works, or my husband made it work, here in NYC. How it works where you live is up to you to find out. There are a number of ways to do this. Most states have a law help website. If the state you are in doesn't have one or you don't get the answer you are looking for, then try the BAR association.

I am under the opinion that you don't have to keep the same lawyer the courts hand you the first time. ACS keeps changing lawyers, why can't you?
I did not give birth to my children just so someone else could raise them!!!

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:41 am

Read this before you go any further with it...

How to Get Rid of a Bad Court-Appointed Lawyer
http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/ho ... ted-lawyer
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

monkette31

Postby monkette31 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:31 am

What state are you in? Is cps and your mother going for guardianship? Are you under a caseplan now? Do you have visits? Does the dad have visits? How is the caseplan going, are they making you take classes and such? When is your next court date and what are the exact allegations they took the child for in February from you? Failure to protect?

You're going to have to get smarter than your mother, she most likely is being advised on how to handle this by them and or others. You need to learn the law and your state rights regarding custody and cps to fight back, legally. No, you don't have to become a lawyer, you just have to know exactly how the system works in your area and I think we can help you with that.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

Return to “CPS Investigations”