CHILD/ALONE/CPS questioning??

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

RuSerious333

CHILD/ALONE/CPS questioning??

Postby RuSerious333 » Fri May 16, 2014 12:59 pm

KEEP ME informed please with any info thanks. CAN they question the child alone at school? Can they ask doctors for med. records? Can they keep the case open after reports from doctor clears all allegations of abuse? THREE reports later and they won't close, why? Can I complain? SLANDER?
RuSerious333

family_man

Re: CHILD/ALONE/CPS questioning??

Postby family_man » Sat May 17, 2014 6:26 am

RuSerious333 wrote: CAN they question the child alone at school?

Yes, but they need to make an attempt to contact the parents after they do it. In some states, they can only do that if the child is in a public place, like a public school.

RuSerious333 wrote:Can they ask doctors for med. records?

Yes, but only the medical records of the child, not the parents.

RuSerious333 wrote:Can they keep the case open after reports from doctor clears all allegations of abuse?

Yes, they can keep the case open as long as they feel is necessary.

RuSerious333 wrote: Can I complain?

Yes, you can appeal to the caseworker's supervisor, to CPS ombudsman, or request an administrative hearing. Beyond any of that is the courts.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, and this is not legal advice.

RuSerious333

Postby RuSerious333 » Sat May 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Thank you very much for your replies, true motivation. Thanks again..
RuSerious333

RuSerious333

Postby RuSerious333 » Sat May 17, 2014 3:41 pm

I have the supervisor number, knowing the twist( assuming rather) is it encouraged to call, I don't want to "rub anyone the wrong way" or make someone mad by being assertive. I don't know the game, but it sure feels like one, what should I hve, know, or get, before I call and complain? Thank you, for your time. REALLY!
RuSerious333

family_man

Postby family_man » Sun May 18, 2014 2:48 pm

You have to try to imagine what it's like to be a CPS investigator. Every report of possible child abuse/neglect that isn't screened out by the intake worker has to be investigated. An investigator is grossly overworked and underpaid. He/she has to quickly decide which cases demand immediate attention, and which can be safely placed on the back burner. Many times, the back-burner cases, like yours, simply fall through the cracks. Cases do get closed without the parents being notified at all.

What I would recommend for you is to try to contact your caseworker, first. If you know his/her phone number, call and leave a message. If you know his/her email, then send an email. Ask whether your case has been closed, and it not, what needs to be done in order to close it. Offer to meet with him to discuss any concerns he might have. Try to make him believe that you share his concerns, that you are willing to work with him to get to the truth of the matter, and will do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of your child. Pretend at first that you are totally on his side and are cooperating fully with the investigation. At the same time, don't volunteer anything you aren't asked about, and try to limit the scope of the investigation to the things on his report.

If you are not able to reach your caseworker, maybe the case is already closed, or he has resigned. Disillusion, burnout and turnover is very high among investigative caseworkers. In that case, you might be able to get information about your case from any random worker who answers the telephone at CPS Central. If you do contact your caseworker, and you sense him to be one of the minority of workers who are egotistical a**holes, I would accelerate your efforts in retaining a lawyer and collecting evidence that you are not mistreating your child in any way. Still you should pretend to fully cooperate (at least at first), but also gear up for a legal battle if it comes to that.

Justice74

Postby Justice74 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:43 pm

To family- man.

If every investigator was so overworked how come they falsify medical records, mandated reporters testimonies, childrens testimonies and twist every word that you sad?

Never trust these corrupt child kidnappers. I would write a letter, send registered mail and wait.

family_man

Postby family_man » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Falsifying records and twisting words in their reports is easier and takes less time than putting all the nuances and qualifications into it.

cristy78blue

Postby cristy78blue » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:13 am

I live in GA and I had to sign something for DFCS/CPS for them to get medical information on my child. Of course, I didn't know that what I was signing was giving them permission to do that, or that I even had an option not to sign anything. My Pediatrician let me sign a paper of theirs which terminated the case worker having any additional medical records of my child. You might want to talk to your childs Pediatrician/Doctor. In GA they can question your child at school, but I think they have to inform you afterwards. The case worker wanted to talk to my child at school, and I told her I would rather her meet/talk to my son at home with me, so she did, but I was lucky and had a good case worker. She no longer works for CPS in my county. I heard she didn't work for them at all anymore. I think that's because she really cared about the children.

madimc01

Postby madimc01 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:32 pm

THOUGHT this would be a good area to ask this question I hope. Given they have the court order for medical dental records school records and the such, doesn't the us constitution trump their court order for announced and unannounced visits and such?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:41 am

I just answered that on another posting . . . the Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution doesn't apply to court ordered intrusions on your privacy.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “CPS Investigations”