accused of molesting step daughter

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

scaredparent0135

Re: accused of molesting step daughter

Postby scaredparent0135 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:11 pm

My case worker mentioned the possibility of closing the case at this next court date in our cft meeting a couple weeks back.
The case worker has gone back and forth on this issue while speaking to my wife. We were supposed to have another cft meeting with case worker, the district attorney, my lawyer and my wife's lawyer. That meeting has been cancelled, they are now wanting to wait until my criminal trial is over. So that is fairly frustrating. I've got all my ducks in a row as far as classes and assessments, so at least the judge should see my progress. I hope!

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:54 pm

My abel assessment is complete, just have to wait for their report which they have two weeks to do. Hopefully I'll have it by this coming Tuesday that would be perfect. Six month review on Wednesday

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Good luck with that... I hope they give you the results right away.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Ok so the drug eval went well no further treatment recommendations. Still awaiting results from the abel. Court on Wednesday will update again late next week. Meet with my private investigator and my criminal lawyer next week. So hopefully my next post will be a positive one.
Thank you all, I feel that the end is near

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:57 am

This is very awesome news to hear that they are dropping drug testing. This may be because you have a private lawyer rather than a court appointed attorney as people get in juvenile court.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:02 am

The private lawyer that I have is only for criminal. I have a court appointed for family court. The therapist was just really cool. I got really lucky. He asked about contact between me and my wife, I told him that that is a really touchy subject. He ended up putting down the client has had no substantial interactions with his wife since his daughter was born. The paper could not say of yeah I saw her last week, no need to add more fuel to the fire

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Court went really well today my case was not closed however I have been granted supervised visits. I just have to now go through the criminal side and get the OK from that judge, from what I've been told that should be no problem

*Lady Liberty

Postby *Lady Liberty » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:14 pm

That's good! I am glad things are progressing for you!

Keep documenting and chugging away. Times they are late or cancel visits, what your daughter says, her mood when she arrives and leaves, what you guys did, if they ended the visit early, etc.

Another note, always be at least a few minutes early, bring a few activities for you to do.

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:12 pm

That I will definitely be doing. I keep track of everything. Just got myself a set up for my services, zip up binder so all of that can be organized and kept separate. Today was definitely a good day and I feel really blessed

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:34 pm

Basically still at a standstill. I have criminal court coming up here in about a week and a half hopefully we will be going over the motion for visitation as well as getting me off of House arrest. The motion for the visitation has been put in so if it is not addressed this court date it will be shortly thereafter. Parenting classes are finished everything else CPS wanted me to do is complete. I have two more sessions of the boundaries counseling, which are every Wednesday evening. Next Family Court is in October. Should be meeting with my PI tomorrow we will see he has rescheduled a few times recently which is pretty aggravating. But overall staying positive. God bless and thank you all

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:39 pm

You will be going over the visitation order in criminal court? That sounds odd to me as visitation is a CPS or family court issue.

I hope they will let you off house arrest!!! ... Are they finally backing down a bit?
Sample Document Library

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:43 pm

In criminal court the judge said that I'm not allowed around any children. So I have to get permission to Be able to see my children basically. From what I've been told it should be no problem.
House arrest really doesn't hassle me at all, I haven't gone to check and it almost 2 months and haven't had an officer come to my house in about that same amount of time. It would just be really nice to be able to go to the store when I want or to just do things.

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:45 pm

My CPS case is closed. Still have to go to court to have my no contact order modified on the criminal side. My Family Court lawyer told me that once that is done I should be able to just work out visitation between me and my wife. So overall today was a pretty good day. My Private Investigator said that it's really going to help our case

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:21 pm

Wow. Depressing. It's been a year since I've had actual good news. There has been a huge development in my case, and although I can't go into detail of it currently I will as soon as I can. There is a gigantic light at the end of the tunnel and I just wanted to thank this page and those of you who have interacted with my post here. God bless you all. Could definitely use prayers to get over this final hump

finallyfree

Postby finallyfree » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:48 am

That is great news. I can't wait to hear what it is but I know you have been through the ringer on this. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Also, I am glad that you have kept fairly active here. So many folks post early on and then disappear. I think it is important to stay connected and let others know that with determination and perseverance you can achieve a favorable outcome. Stories like yours help others.

ngsm7605

Postby ngsm7605 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:59 pm

Hope it turns out great for you. Update when you can.
Mom to 3

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:07 pm

Still playing the waiting game. Trial is in Feb. The district attorney's office has filed a motion to take me of house arrest, but my pi is doing everything he can to stop that from happening. Lawyer is of course out of town for the holidays. But I'll see him the day he gets back. I sent a package of clothes and toys to the girls, i didn't wrap them or mark them. Their mother told them who they were from. Well my stepdaughter excitedly told her grandma.
The way I figure it is if they throw me back in there it won't be be for doing something stupid.

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:11 pm

That light at the end of the tunnel is still there and shining. Thank God for the little things. I do hope that this nightmare I've gone through helps others. Even if only by knowing they weren't alone, which this page and the page on Facebook American family rights association have done for me
God bless you all and have a Merry Christmas

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:45 pm

Have a hearing coming up for breaking no contact order. The court date i had last week showed me (even more so) how sad our system is. Actually had to lift up my pant leg to prove to the judge that i was on house arrest.
The judge and there da both didn't know that I was on house arrest, how does that happen???
So anyway I have a good possibility of going back to jail for a bit. My house arrest officer said he will gladly be there, and my wife received her subpoena from the das office. Hopefully her testimony works for my benefit. Can only pray at this time.

Some of the truth has surfaced which was bound to happen eventually lies can only be buried for so long. Can't post about that yet. So far trial is still set for the end of February. Will update if i don't go to jail otherwise hopefully I'll be back around March

KDus

Postby KDus » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:38 am

Yes, some of the truth eventually gets told. Yes, you are the only person you can trust to keep track of the details. I took outlines and timelines of the case so my attorney would remember what was happening.
At my 18month hearing I testified and was finally asked the right question. There were gasps because my answer explained the previous year of my behavior.

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Update on bail hearing
I'm shocked that it went well. Really had a bad feeling.
Was offered a deal, but that isn't something I'm willing to do. None of the witnesses on either side had to testify

Thank God I'm not sitting in that cage right now
We are now 33 days until trial and 34 days until calendar call. Sounds like it is actually going to happen this time
God bless

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:06 pm

Trial is beginning, tomorrow is calendar call. Looking at upwards of ten days for trial.

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:44 pm

Trial update
Day two of trial went well. My estranged wife took the stand and was up there for six hours. My daughter completely recanted on the stand
Back at it tomorrow morning looking like next Tuesday for closing statements

KDus

Postby KDus » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Can you move for dismissal now that the original accusation has no weight?

scaredparent0135

Postby scaredparent0135 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:23 pm

Jury is in deliberation, they started about 1 pm yesterday. Started back up again this morning.

Return to “CPS Investigations”