Accused of Domestic Abuse

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Kittygirl220

Accused of Domestic Abuse

Postby Kittygirl220 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:23 pm

My fiance and I had a big argument and I left him for the time being. It got a little out of hand. But this happened on the weekend. My kids ALWAYS go to my mothers on the weekends. Yet i'm being called a liar.

This is in Oklahoma

He's being accused of domestic abuse in front of the children. Even though the children weren't present. "Someone" knows my kids weren't really with my mom. I say they were with my mom, my mom says they were with her, fiance says they were with her, my grand mother says they are typically there every weekend and knows they were that weekend, we are all accused of collaborating that.. No one else is actively involved.

Originally refused walk through, But allowed cps to talk to my oldest who is seven. I saw the notes. They said she felt safe and seemed comfortable talking about me and my fiance. I allowed her to view all my children. All were perfectly healthy, no strange wounds, except my son and one daughter had cat scratches. We had recently gotten a new cat, everyone was still adjusting to each other. Case worker claimed to understand as she has cats. The youngest received a diaper change in front of her showing, not even a hint of diaper rash.

No here's the kicker. They were about to close my case. I signed paperwork saying the investigation was being closed with no need for intervention plan and no court orders. Within 8 hours they came back with an officer and attempted to remove my kids. They even attempted to force my mother to give them the spare key they "knew" she had to get in. They were unable to get an order of release that night and didn't get in.

Several times on the phone she claimed she didn't need anything from any court to take my children. I told her to come back with a court order.

She then manipulates my mom into arranging a meeting with me, I refused to bring any of my kids. Not without a court order. I left them with a friend. And held the meeting. In this meeting I sadly backed down and signed an intervention plan with the promise that this won't be any more than 6 months, I was also promised that our worker would be in contact monday or tuesday. Its now thursday and I can't get a hold of anyone. Plus the investigator is still calling people telling them outrageous claims. She is also using my daughter as evidence, and telling people what my daughter said.

The only concrete thing my daughter said was that my fiance caused me to have a seizure. I have epilepsy and have had seizures off and on since 2007. The trigger identified by my neurologist is sleep deprivation. We have three under three, so sleep isn't bountiful.

I'm not sure what to do. Did I already screw myself? Why are they doing this? My kids aren't abused or neglected. I thought they protected children. I didn't think they were the life choices police.

monkette31

Re: Accused of Domestic Abuse

Postby monkette31 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Where are your children now? Were they removed as part of that intervention? It sure sounds like the social worker snowed your mother, they will do anything to get their grips into a family, use the family, stir up family problems, write it in a report, getting family all riled up at each other is one of their tricks too. I think you might be able to rescind your intervention agreement but I think you would need your family and mother's full cooperation....and would likely trigger DCF into filing a court case on your family. I think if the investigator is still running around looking for evidence, then oklahoma is still looking for ways to remove your child from your custody.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

whosechildrenarethey

Postby whosechildrenarethey » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:00 pm

https://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide ... domvio.pdf
Oklahoma
Defined in Domestic Violence Civil Laws
Ann. Stat. Tit. 43, § 109
‘Domestic violence’ means the threat of the infliction of physical injury, any act of physical harm or the creation of a
reasonable fear thereof, or the intentional infliction of emotional distress by a parent or a present or former member of
the household of the child against the child or another member of the household, including coercive control by a parent
involving physical, sexual, psychological, emotional, economic, or financial abuse.
‘Stalking’ means the willful course of conduct by a person who repeatedly follows or harasses another person, as defined
by title 21, § 1173.
‘Harassment’ means a knowing and willful course or pattern of conduct by a parent directed at another parent that
seriously alarms or is a nuisance to the person and that serves no legitimate purpose, including, but not limited to,
harassing or obscene telephone calls or conduct that would cause a reasonable person to have a fear of death or bodily
injury.
Defined in Child Abuse Reporting and Child Protection Laws
This issue is not addressed in the statutes reviewed.

Defined in Criminal Laws
Ann. Stat. Tit. 21, §§ 641; 642; 644
‘Assault’ is any willful and unlawful attempt or threat of force or violence to inflict corporal hurt upon another person.
‘Battery’ is any willful and unlawful use of force or violence upon the person of another.
Any person who commits any assault and battery against any person listed below shall be guilty of ‘domestic abuse.’
Persons Included in the Definitions
Ann. Stat. Tit. 21, § 644
‘Domestic abuse’ occurs when an assault or battery is committed against any of the following:
• A current or former spouse
• The present spouse of a former spouse
• Parents
• A foster parent
• A child
• A person otherwise related by blood or marriage
• A person with whom the defendant is in a dating relationship, as defined by title 22, § 60. 1
• An individual with whom the defendant has had a child
• A person who formerly lived in the same household as the defendant
• A person living in the same household as the defendant

You can find Oklahoma's child abuse/neglect definitions here:

https://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide ... tes/define.

This is a link to Oklahoma CPS policy and procedure manual:

http://www.okdhs.org/library/policy/oac ... 210000.htm

dieharddad

Postby dieharddad » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

you should really have an attorney at this point, especially as you have signed the intervention. That can't be undone, but you need to marshal up all the forces at your disposal that you will need to defend yourself and your children. The promise of them going away is an empty one and you should prepare for a fight of your life and for your family as you know it. Also, document everything in your journal. Get tape recorder and have it close all the time. For whatever reason they have you on their radar and you need to prepare all the things that are suggested on this site asap. post back often and let us know what is going on and you will be able to get yourself free from them, but it is going to take effort.

Return to “CPS Investigations”