Initial hearing and Not Contact Order

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

madimc01

Initial hearing and Not Contact Order

Postby madimc01 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:08 pm

My husband and I are under investigation for accusations of Domestic Violence. There is a no contact order in place with the criminal court in the state of Indiana. DCS has numerous times changed this court hearing (initial) and it is now set for tomorrow. Do we have to be there, what would happen if I or him do not show up? They are making him violate his No Contact Order and court cause him some serious consequences. I have looked HI and LOW for answers in legal searches and NOTHING.
What should I do, what should he do? There is nothing in place for us and I feel like I should not be treated like a criminal as I am considered a victim and I have rights. I am working on getting the NCO dropped, but in itself takes time. I am really worried for the both of us and our children. My children do not want anything to do with these people, are saying they won't talk to them. Any help would be most appreciated.

monkette31

Re: Initial hearing and Not Contact Order

Postby monkette31 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm

It sounds like there are two different issues going on here. One is the criminal restraining order and the other is a CPS/DCS hearing tomorrow, where the county or state is trying to develop a plan for your kids safety. I suggest you both go as it may determine if you lose custody of your children. Are your children in your custody now? If so, I believe you should go to the civil hearing and contest whatever they are alleging.
I'm not a lawyer but will try and help you any way i can. My postings may seem harsh but they all stem from personal experience with DCFS. I am not a victim and take responsibility for my part in my life, but I will always help ANYONE learn about the corrupt sick system.

LindaJM

Re: Initial hearing and Not Contact Order

Postby LindaJM » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:45 pm

You definitely should both be at the court hearing. If you miss court, they win.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “CPS Investigations”